Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 12:58   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hello Akshay and S350L-E240.

Yes, I think the X1 and 320 D I saw were the Corporate editions which we all know are not so great and perhaps this is thus, not a fair comparo.

No DSG in this Q3 it seems!
Well the corp editions can be a fair comparo too, because the price of the corp editions is what is closer to the Skodas. But to say in general Skodas interiors are better than the 3 and X1 would be wrong IMO

S-tronic is Audi Language for DSG.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 13:22   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
But to say in general Skodas interiors are better than the 3 and X1 would be wrong IMO
Let's leave the comparisons aside, Interiors in X1 indeed feel cheap for a car of this segment, there is no denying it, i have praised it where it deserves(FTD factor), let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th June 2012 at 13:25.
Old 11th June 2012, 14:26   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Let's leave the comparisons aside, Interiors in X1 indeed feel cheap for a car of this segment, there is no denying it, i have praised it where it deserves(FTD factor), let's call a spade a spade.
If you do see my previous post, I have said that the X1s interiors do have some cheap plastics, and are not as good as they should be for the price. I think I do call a spade, a spade for most things including the cars that I own.

Quote:
As for the X1, I agree BMW has made some compromise on the plastic quality, and it is possible you find your Skodas interiors better
Quote:
But yes the A4s interiors do reek more quality than the 3, and the same for the Q3 compared to the X1

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 11th June 2012 at 14:28.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:28   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Vb: Certainly i really like the Q3 and hope to buy that someday. It would be a great upgrade for me. The only other vehicle close to it as of now is the XC60. Most certainly the Yeti offers a lot of what the Q3 does and at half the price. However, whats nice about the Q3 is that it is just one half size bigger than the Yeti and hence more roomy and airy. That makes a lot of difference in use ability, enjoyment and of course lugging things around especially golf stuff and holiday luggage!

Anshuman: Yes Michael Perschke is probably right. The Q3 is likely to appeal mostly to those quirky people who like the Yeti. But I m glad I am a quirky person in that sense. Fact is that these compact urban crawlers are the way to the future as far as SUV's are concerned!

Behemoth: Considering you bought your Yeti a year or more before me, you go first onto the Q3 and I will bring up the rear!

Akshay: DSG in its S Tronic avatar is hopefully reliable enough for general use. However, if I go for the Q3 some day I might prefer the manual as it is likely to be more engaging to drive. Yes I agree that to say all Skodas have better interiors than the Beemers etc is wrong, but my Yeti certainly feels better than the X1 in terms of interiors.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th June 2012 at 16:33.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 21:47   #140
Senior - BHPian

You cannot use the Base model of X1 which costs pretty much nothing and in the worst color combination, not saying X1 reeks quality but it's higher end models are pretty good for what they were intended for, also do understand BMW had 3 years with the X1 all by itself, and used it in a good way to make the share holders happy too, yes Q3 is better, but X1 is not as bad as it's made out to be. (P.S I hate the X1)

But like I said before the X1 just lacks garnishing like Chrome around AC vents and silver frames on buttons etc. or else in terms of how it's built is pretty ok, and the Cool Elegance Model even has a higher quality centre console etc.

Do see the images below for and you will get an idea. Lets not get confused between perception and actual build quality. Q3 too has a nasty centre console worst is with beige interior the sound system panel in black sticks out like a fluence.

Also base model in the Q3 has Manual Air Con how come no one on the forum yet has begun about So much price and no ACC?

Regards,

Quote:
Interiors in X1 indeed feel cheap for a car of this segment, there is no denying it, i have praised it where it deserves(FTD factor), let's call a spade a spade.
Shankar Sir,

I agree, Q3 is a good car, in fact have made two people in the family buy it who were looking at i20 Auto. I know comparisons maybe unfair but to me this category of cars is just a Hatchback and I will always stand by that.

Regards,

Quote:
Vb: Certainly i really like the Q3 and hope to buy that someday. It would be a great upgrade for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Audi Q3 : Official Review-x1.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 11th June 2012 at 21:53.
S350L-E240 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 23:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
You cannot use the Base model of X1 which costs pretty much nothing and in the worst color combination, not saying X1 reeks quality but it's higher end models are pretty good for what they were intended for, also do understand BMW had 3 years with the X1 all by itself, and used it in a good way to make the share holders happy too, yes Q3 is better, but X1 is not as bad as it's made out to be. (P.S I hate the X1)

But like I said before the X1 just lacks garnishing like Chrome around AC vents and silver frames on buttons etc. or else in terms of how it's built is pretty ok, and the Cool Elegance Model even has a higher quality centre console etc.

Do see the images below for and you will get an idea. Lets not get confused between perception and actual build quality. Q3 too has a nasty centre console worst is with beige interior the sound system panel in black sticks out like a fluence.

Also base model in the Q3 has Manual Air Con how come no one on the forum yet has begun about So much price and no ACC?

Regards,

Shankar Sir,

I agree, Q3 is a good car, in fact have made two people in the family buy it who were looking at i20 Auto. I know comparisons maybe unfair but to me this category of cars is just a Hatchback and I will always stand by that.

Regards,

Okie sir, ill say it- How come no ACC in an Audi !! I think thats just wrng... its a luxury badge and some features should be standard. The VW group has made a habit of making silly decisions with respect to the ACC starting with the Jetta Highline.
Old 12th June 2012, 07:12   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240

I agree, Q3 is a good car, in fact have made two people in the family buy it who were looking at i20 Auto. I know comparisons maybe unfair but to me this category of cars is just a Hatchback and I will always stand by that.,
Yes Sir. The AutoClimate Control ought to be there certainly!
And you're absolutely correct about the Q3 being a nice large 4wd hatch on stilts as is the Yeti as well. No mincing about on that.

The X1 is a station wagon on stilts too. Yesterday an X1 was parked right next to my Yeti and I dont think there was too much difference in terms of overall dimensions.
The Yeti is a little taller from the ground though and a bit shorter from nose to tail. I wish they would also consider launching the Octavia 4wd Scout and introduce the Fabia Scout with its actual advantages of raised GC and so on.

The VW tiguan would complete the line up of choices for Indian consumers. Perhaps all this activity in the compact SUV segment will cause the blunderbusses at Toyota and Maruti to wake up at long last and then we just may get the affordable little Vitara/Jimny/Samurai and RAV4 as well!
Old 12th June 2012, 09:48   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi gets 400 bookings!

Quote:
Audi India has already clocked 400 bookings within 5 days of the launch. Unlike Mahindra or any of the volume brands, Audi has achieved this number for the 30 lakh rupee vehicle with 19 dealers at hand
Cheers!

Audi Q3 clocks 400 bookings; Time to launch the new BMW X1?
Old 12th June 2012, 18:18   #144
BHPian

I was just talking to audi west in mumbai.I was shocked to hear the the onroad price of Q3 highline variant for Rs.46.50
Old 12th June 2012, 18:31   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I was just talking to audi west in mumbai.I was shocked to hear the the onroad price of Q3 highline variant for Rs.46.50
How much does it's closest competitor BMW X1 cost there?
Old 12th June 2012, 19:20   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

How much does it's closest competitor BMW X1 cost there?
According to carwale and cardekho the Exclusive edition costs 36-37 in Bombay.
31 for the car
1.25 insurance
4.5 for RTO

How true is that?

Also how much does the X1 exclusive cost in Blr?

An aside: I had visited Audi Blr on Sunday. Filled up their form etc.
Today Ive got a nice pleasant email from them saying they will call me shortly and discuss it!
I have laughingly written back saying not to call me 'shortly' because it will likely be at least 2-3-4 years before I can even consider or aspire to owning such a car, given the current price points applicable!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th June 2012 at 19:25.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:32   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
Quote:
According to carwale and cardekho the Exclusive edition costs 36-37 in Bombay.
Going by the comparison below Q3 has ex showroom price lower than X1, then how can be the OTR prices 10 lakh rupees apart? Since Insurance and Road tax are calculated based on ex-showroom price.

Is it because Q3 is a CBU? How much extra road tax for a CBU in Mumbai?

Old 12th June 2012, 19:43   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

Going by the comparison below Q3 has ex showroom price lower than X1, then how can be the OTR prices 10 lakh rupees apart? Since Insurance and Road tax are calculated based on ex-showroom price.

I know that the top end Q3 costs 43.5 to 44 on road blr. Hence cant be much different in Mumbai on account of the Octroi etc.
Car 34.15 l
Insure 1.8l
RTO 6.83 l
Regn 0.3 l
Audi car life 0.4 l
Stamp fee 0.09 l

If we can figure how much the X1 costs in Blr for the exclusive edition, we should get a sense of it.

My guess is that there may be an effect of around 4-5 lacs on account of this CBU business. Also the Q3 is a Quattro etc so there is bound to be a difference there too.

About time wouldnt you say that we had a common price across India for all vehicles?

Especially considering that humongous RTO payment, for practically non existent road infrastructure in Karnataka?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th June 2012 at 19:45.
Old 12th June 2012, 20:01   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Its certainly because its a CBU. Apparently the road tax is doubled for CBUs. Though 46 still seems a bit high. The X1 exclusive is 37 otr - about 2l discounts I think.

At this price it doesn't look that appealing, at least not until it becomes CKD and the price levels out.
Old 12th June 2012, 22:36   #150
Senior - BHPian

X1 Highline is about 37 On Road in Ahmedabad, and about 40 for the Q3.

One important point about Q3 the base price is 31,49,000 but it's pretty much impossible to get a car without the Panorama roof which is optional, and which adds almost 1.6 lac to the base ex-showroom.

regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks