Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2013, 20:12   #226
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It is only when the foreign manufacturers cease to be affected by the evil duties, that their vehicles will be worth buying.
Sir, there is always more to these things than meets the eye. To my knowledge, most (at least most of the Japanese / Korean) manufacturers import their parts and kits from Thailand, which serves as a regional auto export hub of sorts, AND ride the Thailand India Free Trade Agreement, under which (to my understanding), auto parts attract ZERO PERCENT DUTY !! So they effectively import duty free, and sell it dear whining about high duties all the while......

Look under the "Early Harvest Scheme" (international treaty term, not my invention and pun intended) for the India/ Thailand FTAA http://www.thaifta.com/english/eng_in.html .

Something is clearly amiss, or I am missing a big point here...
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 00:57   #227
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post

Sir, there is always more to these things than meets the eye. To my knowledge, most (at least most of the Japanese / Korean) manufacturers import their parts and kits from Thailand, which serves as a regional auto export hub of sorts, AND ride the Thailand India Free Trade Agreement, under which (to my understanding), auto parts attract ZERO PERCENT DUTY !! So they effectively import duty free, and sell it dear whining about high duties all the while......

Look under the "Early Harvest Scheme" (international treaty term, not my invention and pun intended) for the India/ Thailand FTAA http://www.thaifta.com/english/eng_in.html .

Something is clearly amiss, or I am missing a big point here...
Wow! You really have lived up to your name or handle on TBHP haven't you? I am stunned at this insight because I simply did not know it before...
Old 7th July 2013, 02:48   #228
BANNED

The Q3 and A4 are also being offered with an Exchange scheme for the best price of your old car or else, they will better the offer by a whole lakh.
Old 24th September 2013, 23:57   #229
BHPian

Wondering what does Q3 base [AWD] cost in Bangalore now, with all those fin offers, will it fit in [financially] to make sense?
Old 30th September 2013, 15:32   #230
Team-BHP Support

Audi were pulled up by the advertising standards for misleading consumers about their finance scheme. Article is here

Quoting the relevant portion
Quote:
Complaint against Audi India was upheld for its advertisement which claimed 'Audi Q3 at a down payment of Rs 6,00,000 and 84 EMIs of Rs 38,000 only for 'on-road price (with registration and insurance)'.

"The fine print below indicated that 'this is a bullet scheme', 'Offer valid only on June 22 and June 23, 2013'," ASCI said.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 21:54   #231
Senior - BHPian

My BIL is about to finalise the Q3 Quattro Premium+ variant with an ex-showroom of 35.85L. He is being offered a discount of 5L. Is this the best offer or something else can be managed? Also is the MMI Navigation Plus included or is it an optional extra?
Old 6th December 2013, 22:28   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
My BIL is about to finalise the Q3 Quattro Premium+ variant with an ex-showroom of 35.85L. He is being offered a discount of 5L. Is this the best offer or something else can be managed? Also is the MMI Navigation Plus included or is it an optional extra?
Seems to be good, was offered similar when I went to check out the Q3 and Q5 last weekend. Tell your BIL to consider the Q5 premium model, it is more expensive but then you do get a lot more space and better ride. I think Nav is on another variant called Technology edition, which costs even more (This is for the Q5, I assume it would be similar for the Q3.
Old 6th December 2013, 23:40   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Is the 5L discount on top the 35.85L ex-showroom ? If so then this is quite a good deal. I found Q3 to be better suited for regular city usage. Its compact size is truly a boon for zip-zapping the chaos and careless traffic I encounter everyday. A smaller size allows you to be that much more relaxed in the mad rush.
Old 15th December 2013, 12:08   #234

What are the differences between Premium and Premium Plus variants?
Old 20th December 2013, 18:35   #235
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of 2 Audi Q3 Premium + variant in Cobalt Blue Metallic & Karibubraun Metallic for my brother in law and his partner today. Short report to follow.

Last edited by dkaile : 20th December 2013 at 18:38.
Old 20th December 2013, 18:51   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of 2 Audi Q3 Premium + variant in Cobalt Blue Metallic & Karibubraun Metallic for my brother in law and his partner today. Short report to follow.
I was looking forward to that. Please give details of the deal, greatly interested. This is Quattro right?
Old 20th December 2013, 19:00   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Please give details of the deal, greatly interested. This is Quattro right?
It was a straight 5 lac off offer on the ex-showroom as I had mentioned earlier. Yes, its a Quattro top edition. More details and photos to follow in a few days.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 20:29   #238
BHPian

Quote:
It was a straight 5 lac off offer on the ex-showroom as I had mentioned earlier. Yes, its a Quattro top edition. More details and photos to follow in a few days.
5L off is an awesome deal! What is the ex-showroom price? And does RTO there consider pre discount ex-showroom or post discount for tax calculation?
Old 20th December 2013, 22:39   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
5L off is an awesome deal! What is the ex-showroom price? And does RTO there consider pre discount ex-showroom or post discount for tax calculation?
RTO always consider pre discount ex-showroom price for tax calculation.

OT : My brother when he bought Jazz was given a discount of 1.75 lakhs. But the tax was calculated on pre discount ex-showroom price.

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th December 2013 at 22:40.
Old 20th December 2013, 22:49   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post

RTO always consider pre discount ex-showroom price for tax calculation.

OT : My brother when he bought Jazz was given a discount of 1.75 lakhs. But the tax was calculated on pre discount ex-showroom price.
Not entirely true. It varies from state to state. lapsi has explained that on 320d thread. Hence curious to know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks