Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 18:16   #391
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Just wanted to share my story, I stay in Bangalore. I upgraded from my XUV to a Q3 TDI Quattro Premium Plus this April. I got the delivery on the 14th of April. My Q3 came with 18 inch wheels with Bridgestone tyre 235/50 R18 97V AO. I am impressed with the car and did trips to GOA and Hyderabad. Current ODO is 4400 and I faced the first problem, the car went over a pot hole and the side wall of my tyre got damaged on 5th on this month. I contacted Audi and gave the car, as expected tyre warranty was declined by Bridgestone. I decided to claim insurance and they approved 75%.

My Question is, is this a known issue for this tyre size e.g.. when Toyota Crysta was launched with 18 inch wheels, there were many such incidents. Expert opinions will help.
Old 14th June 2018, 20:06   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Just wanted to share my story, I stay in Bangalore. I upgraded from my XUV to a Q3 TDI Quattro Premium Plus this April. I got the delivery on the 14th of April. My Q3 came with 18 inch wheels with Bridgestone tyre 235/50 R18 97V AO. I am impressed with the car and did trips to GOA and Hyderabad. Current ODO is 4400 and I faced the first problem, the car went over a pot hole and the side wall of my tyre got damaged on 5th on this month. I contacted Audi and gave the car, as expected tyre warranty was declined by Bridgestone. I decided to claim insurance and they approved 75%.

My Question is, is this a known issue for this tyre size e.g.. when Toyota Crysta was launched with 18 inch wheels, there were many such incidents. Expert opinions will help.
I had the same issue with my 2 weeks old A3. I had a slight bulge in the front right tyre after running over a pot hole. I took my car to the service centre to look at the issue and they readily agreed to replace the tyre under warranty without even a discussion. On further investigation, they found that the alloy was bent too slightly and this required replacement under insurance. I had slight trouble with insurance and I expressed my disappointment strongly with the dealership management as the insurance was bundled with the car by the dealer as preferred insurance. The management got involved later and I got 95% covered. Yours is a 6 weeks old tyre and I don’t think your issue should be treated differently than mine.

If it’s just tyre then you should definitely ask for replacement under warranty. Nobody expects a good quality tyre to falter so soon even if it’s a pot hole and should ideally be replaced under warranty.
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 14:39   #393
Senior - BHPian

I recently booked a Q3 30 TFSI Premium in Misano Red with black interiors. I opted for Audi Assure + RC + Car exchange. It looked a very compelling product compared to its predecessors like X1 & GLA. Even SUV like CRV and Kodiaq could not bring too much excitement as predicted.
Old 29th April 2019, 15:15   #394
BHPian

Has anyone got their 60k kms service done? The manual says that Automatic Transmission Fluid needs to be replaced at 60k kms. How much does this cost? I am thinking if its safe to get this done at an FNG or safe to go to Audi ASC.

Any other major items for the 60k service?

Thanks in advance
Old 29th April 2019, 17:04   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Has anyone got their 60k kms service done? The manual says that Automatic Transmission Fluid needs to be replaced at 60k kms. How much does this cost? I am thinking if its safe to get this done at an FNG or safe to go to Audi ASC.

Thanks in advance
Well the DSG oil in Jetta costs around 7-8K, now given the same engine is used in Q3, I guess it would be 8K + Brand image of Audi.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 22:28   #396
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't suggest getting it done at an FNG unless they're very confident and have done this many times before.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:37   #397
BHPian

What is the battery spec for Q3 Quattro?

The OEM battery costs around 25K so trying to see if I can get the exact spec from outside.
Old 21st October 2020, 19:46   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the battery spec for Q3 Quattro?

The OEM battery costs around 25K so trying to see if I can get the exact spec from outside.
Post a picture of the current battery? Is it a conventional lead acid, EFB or AGM battery? Also refer here if it helps.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-bmw-audi.html
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:51   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Post a picture of the current battery? Is it a conventional lead acid, EFB or AGM battery?
I do not have the OEM battery, that's why asked the specs here. I got Amaron battery installed last year. It is 74Ah which is definitely a lower spec because the car is throwing all kinds of warning signs on the dashboard. Will get OEM spec Varta installed from the dealer you shared. Thanks a lot!
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 06:53   #400
BHPian

Hey Anshuman,

How long did your OEM Varta battery last? Ours worked fine for ~ 2 Years and was dead suddenly. We had stopped near Chikmagalur for coffee and when we returned and started the car, it wouldn't start. Had to jump start and bring it all the way to Bangalore without turning off the ignition. Replaced Varta battery the next day.
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 07:17   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Hey Anshuman,

How long did your OEM Varta battery last? Ours worked fine for ~ 2 Years and was dead suddenly. We had stopped near Chikmagalur for coffee and when we returned and started the car, it wouldn't start. Had to jump start and bring it all the way to Bangalore without turning off the ignition. Replaced Varta battery the next day.
Hey, I don't own a German car but from what I've read on this forum, the life of the aforementioned batteries is usually two-three years. There are very few cases where they've gone beyond that.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 09:59   #402
BHPian

Got information from Audi that OEM battery is 72Ah. We installed Amaron 74Ah and it started showing several warning symbols on the dash. Planning to get Varta 72Ah battery installed.

Quote:
How long did your OEM Varta battery last?
It lasted for about 3.5 years. But it did not die suddenly. The most clear indication was that the read LED tail lights stopped working and instead the small halogen tail lights in the rear fender started working. The LED tail lights started working as soon as the new battery was installed.
Old 29th October 2020, 10:19   #403
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman. Ours died suddenly. Did you get your 60K servicing done? Was it at FNG or Audi ASC? Just before the battery change, went on a short and whirlwind trip to Goa from Blr and Q3 didn't disappoint a bit. Need to revive this thread or start one by jotting down the experience with Q3.
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:05   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get your 60K servicing done? Was it at FNG or Audi ASC?
Yes got it done recently at Audi ASC. The DSG oil was also changed in this service. Costed around 40k with some other minor repairs also. They are offering some discounts on service right now.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:22   #405
BHPian

I am thinking of picking up a used Q3 premium TDI 2017 make/registered. Any pointers which I should keep in mind? I am taking extended warranty for another 2 years from Audi. A petrol is also available in the same spec. Both vehicles do not have quattro/4x4. Any suggestions what should be my pick (petrol vs diesel)? Any niggling issues to be aware about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks