Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 20:00   #1606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07

Also, the wind noise has been arrested.
Did they change the front quarter panel rubber beadings.
Old 6th March 2014, 14:12   #1607
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
Did they change the front quarter panel rubber beadings.
No, looks like they applied some glue and tightened the screw.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 14:35   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
No, looks like they applied some glue and tightened the screw.
Has the noise completely stopped at all speeds (even upto 100 kmph)?

Maybe that's what needs to be done to my Ertiga as well since the ASC hasnt been able to fix the issue despite trying. The problem is not only in trying to fix it but also in checking to see if it is fixed by going far outside the city to a highway to get above 80 kmph speeds, which they dont usually do.

I used to face the hissing noise issue at speeds above 60 kmph & on complaining they put in new beeding for the front right quarter glass, under warranty. But that didnt fix the issue. Now the noise occurs at speeds above 80 kmph & has slightly reduced.

It is indeed irritating when going on a long distance highway driven trip, without music. So I plan to persist in getting it fixed.

Last edited by csanand : 7th March 2014 at 14:37.
Old 11th March 2014, 14:13   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
Has the noise completely stopped at all speeds (even upto 100 kmph)?.
Yes csanand. The noise has completely vanished. I had the technician to drive the car beyond 100 kmph just to test the sound.
Old 13th March 2014, 14:19   #1610
BHPian

Opinion/suggestions solicited:

I was having a look at the Mazda VX1 photos. As many of you might be aware, the Mazda VX1 is the re-badged Ertiga in Indonesia. The rear of the Mazda looks classy, as compared to bland Ertiga. It could be because of the chrome strip.
Photo of the rear - http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...-VX-1-rear.jpg

Any idea where we can get the chrome strip in bangalore. I would love to add this strip on my granite grey ZXI.
Regards
Suhas
Old 13th March 2014, 17:08   #1611
BHPian

Hello everyone. Another ZXi owner here. The car is one and a half year old as of now. Recently I have been facing some issues-

a) 3 months back, the car leaked almost all of her engine oil. The SVC diagnosed that the problem occurred due to an overtightened oil filter. The oil was replaced and the car is up and running nicely again.

b) The A/C fan was making weird noises. The SVC opened it to find dry leaves within it. They fitted an optional guard to prevent all sort of dirt and garbage entering the fan. Why wasn't this there by default? I think our WagonR already has it, because we had been parking her under that same tree even more than the Ertiga but no problem in it whatsoever.

3) 15 days back, the windshield cleaner won't spray water onto it. The SVC found out a block in the tubing.
Did others have similar issues?
On an another note, the car feels simply lovely to drive with the silky smooth K series engine. I just wish it produced more torque, though. Otherwise, I'm in 'LUV' nevertheless
Old 13th March 2014, 18:12   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
....b) The A/C fan was making weird noises. The SVC opened it to find dry leaves within it. They fitted an optional guard to prevent all sort of dirt and garbage entering the fan. Why wasn't this there by default? I think our WagonR already has it, because we had been parking her under that same tree even more than the Ertiga but no problem in it whatsoever...
As far as I remember, Wagon R has a slider for re-circulation and Ertiga a switch (?). The re-circulation mode might have been turn ON accidentally to fresh air mode and hence it would have picked up leaves. In Wagon R, the probability of this happening is much lower.

With respect to the "additional guard", I presume it's the A/C filter. It's the cost factor (though minimal) that stops Maruti from providing this as a default option. All these adds to the cost of the service as well.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 18:15   #1613
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
a) 3 months back, the car leaked almost all of her engine oil. The SVC diagnosed that the problem occurred due to an overtightened oil filter. The oil was replaced and the car is up and running nicely again.
........... snip
When did you notice this oil leak?
If oil leak was such a major one, it is difficult avoiding noticing unless you are away from a parked car for a long duration.

Also, did you happen to drive the car with oil level less than minimum? I believe it is a risky proposition and may severely damage engine.

How did garage/mechanic ensure that just by filling up required quantity of oil, car would be up and running nicely? Did they carry out any extra tests to eliminate possibility of any excessive wear and tear on engine.

Please share your experience for benefit of all forum members.

Regards,

JLS
Old 13th March 2014, 20:41   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
When did you notice this oil leak?
If oil leak was such a major one, it is difficult avoiding noticing unless you are away from a parked car for a long duration.

Also, did you happen to drive the car with oil level less than minimum? I believe it is a risky proposition and may severely damage engine.

How did garage/mechanic ensure that just by filling up required quantity of oil, car would be up and running nicely? Did they carry out any extra tests to eliminate possibility of any excessive wear and tear on engine.

Please share your experience for benefit of all forum members.

Regards,

JLS
Dad was driving when he noticed the oil level warning lamp glow up on the console. Thankfully, the authorized service center was only a few kilometers away so the problem was solved ASAP. Unfortunately, I had not been there personally , dad handled all of it himself. He narrated everything after I came back from college, so I'm clueless whether they carried out any tests to ensure the health of the engine.

@swiftnfurious, yes, its true. But the slider in the WagonR is always kept on
sarcastichouse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 00:54   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I am seriously looking at an Ertiga ZDI as my next car. It fits pretty much all my requirements except automatic climate control, which is only a nice to have.

I currently own a Ritz VXI.

A Ritz ZDI costs 7.75L onroad in Bangalore ( before discounts) and an Ertiga ZDI costs 10.75L (before discounts); thats whopping 3L or 40% difference for a 3rd row seating !!

I know the profit margins are higher in MUV and SuV segments. But is 3L premium justified from a features point of view? How much of the 3L goes to profit vs cost of vehicle? Options of good 7 seaters are limited in this price range; but still interested in knowing how much is my contribution to Maruti's bottom line.
Old 18th March 2014, 01:10   #1616
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am seriously looking at an Ertiga ZDI as my next car. It fits pretty much all my requirements except automatic climate control, which is only a nice to have.

I currently own a Ritz VXI.

A Ritz ZDI costs 7.75L onroad in Bangalore ( before discounts) and an Ertiga ZDI costs 10.75L (before discounts); thats whopping 3L or 40% difference for a 3rd row seating !!

I know the profit margins are higher in MUV and SuV segments. But is 3L premium justified from a features point of view? How much of the 3L goes to profit vs cost of vehicle? Options of good 7 seaters are limited in this price range; but still interested in knowing how much is my contribution to Maruti's bottom line.

What you get in addition to 3rd row seat?
- AC for 2nd row
- longer wheel base - providing better ride ( wheelbase is even longer that class leading sedans of C class)
- VGT engine producing 90 BHP instead of 77 BHP producing FGT of Ritz
- Flexibility of pushing back 2nd row seats to create best in class leg room
Just to list a few points.

Also, the price of a product is decided by how much customer is ready to pay, rather than actual cost gone into production.

If cost is concern and if you are ok without some features of ZDI(Airbags is most critical), VDI is really VFM as ABS is included in all diesel versions.

Regards,

JLS
JLS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 09:57   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...@swiftnfurious, yes, its true. But the slider in the WagonR is always kept on
Slider is always ON for fresh air mode? That would kill A/C efficiency!

Edit:: If you want to quote multiple posts, you could use "quote +" button for all posts you want to quote and finally "quote" for the final post. You might know this, but in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
....I know the profit margins are higher in MUV and SuV segments. But is 3L premium justified from a features point of view? How much of the 3L goes to profit vs cost of vehicle? Options of good 7 seaters are limited in this price range; but still interested in knowing how much is my contribution to Maruti's bottom line.
Not sure of the premium. The increased cost also is due to the extra sheet metal (length) of the car. One thing we might over look is the tax exemption the Ritz enjoys. I think that's a cool 60K or so in addition to the price of the added features.

Now more than the features, it's the utility of the car which positions itself in the price bracket. For a person who wants a 7 seater, Ritz is NOT an option. Only a person who wants to have a comfy 5 seater with LOTs of luggage space will need to compare both.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th March 2014 at 10:02.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 16:04   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Slider is always ON for fresh air mode? That would kill A/C efficiency!

Edit:: If you want to quote multiple posts, you could use "quote +" button for all posts you want to quote and finally "quote" for the final post. You might know this, but in case :-)
Yes, I do make sure that the air is circulated within the car itself when the A/C is switched on.

Oh thanks for that! I wasn't aware of it because a new member that I am :-)
Old 23rd March 2014, 13:45   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Would like to update that I've been doing a number of highway trips myself and as of now my odo stands at 47,000 kms. Issues? NONE and even the MRFs seem to be holding up well for the mileage. Got the first puncture after 46000 kms but other than that, no electronic or mechanical issues. Have not been to the workshop for anything other than general service. The vehicle is good as new. Overall, extremely happy and no regrets.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:16   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Would like to update that I've been doing a number of highway trips myself and as of now my odo stands at 47,000 kms. Issues? NONE and even the MRFs seem to be holding up well for the mileage. Got the first puncture after 46000 kms but other than that, no electronic or mechanical issues. Have not been to the workshop for anything other than general service. The vehicle is good as new. Overall, extremely happy and no regrets.
Good to know that! Are you driving the multijet?
On an another note, Dad has been mentioning a low visibility issue due to the A pillar. In fact, I also had hairy moments on roundabouts, twice, due to someone suddenly appearing in the view. We have those plastic panels installed above the windows which are supposed keep the rain water at bay. I think they might be reducing the overall visibility.Anybody using those ? Are you facing any problems with visibility ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks