Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 17:07   #2101
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Not sure if its only me or someone else as well, but i think Ertiga facelift is little bigger than the existing Ertiga. I guess they are increasing the amount of space for 3rd row seats & may be some more for boot. Not sure though. But if it is true then its a great news. Ertiga is always better than Mobilio in many terms, on space front Mobilio was better, so i guess Maruti will try to sort out that problem. Let's hope so. If they do it, i will buy one for myself. Also i guess they are putting black-beige interiors like Dzire? Spy photos are not conclusive but i think so.
Old 11th December 2014, 17:14   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Not sure if its only me or someone else as well, but i think Ertiga facelift is little bigger than the existing Ertiga. I guess they are increasing the amount of space for 3rd row seats & may be some more for boot. Not sure though. But if it is true then its a great news. Ertiga is always better than Mobilio in many terms, on space front Mobilio was better, so i guess Maruti will try to sort out that problem.
I don't think it is any larger. A larger Ertiga would mean totally new body panels and monocoque. That doesn't fit the standards of a "mid-life" refresh. These are generally only cosmetic and electronic changes. A platform change is always with a new generation launch.

Given MSIL's long standing trend of plenty facelifts with same car before a real upgrade, a larger Ertiga will be at least 2 years away IMO.

Agreed that the Ertiga is certainly a better choice to Mobilio on most factors except the boot space.
Old 11th December 2014, 17:16   #2103
BANNED

From the spy pics it looks like Maruti Suzuki heard the market cry to maintain the super beige interiors. The Steering wheel now seems to wear a new grey shade along with the top half of dashboard. But the second picture is a little confusing as it shows the steering wheel to be beige again. Is it because of the picture quality? Personally I like the new alloy wheel design of Ertiga in comparison to the face lifted Swift and Dzire.

Last edited by Amarkarthi : 11th December 2014 at 17:18.
Old 11th December 2014, 21:34   #2104
Senior - BHPian

I don't really see any major change.

Here is my wishlist
1. Split seat for 3rd row
2. Drivers arm rest
3. Some sporty colors
4. Engine guard

All trivial features right? Because i cant really think of any flaws in this car

Also maruti might bump up FE to 25 kmpl like they did with ciaz and swift. Wondering how they achieve!! Simple ECU tuning ?
Old 11th December 2014, 21:42   #2105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I don't really see any major change.

Here is my wishlist
1. Split seat for 3rd row
2. Drivers arm rest
3. Some sporty colors
4. Engine guard

All trivial features right? Because i cant really think of any flaws in this car
I'd like to add one flaw: Headlight!

A better headlight in Stock so that people don't need to search market for upgrades. The stock headlamp is bad!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 22:43   #2106
JLS
BHPian

My wishlist - AMT.
Same AMT which is equipped in Zest should be able to do the duty here ( same engine, tuned for same power, torque), actually TML is doing test drive for MUL

Related item in wishlist, MUL offering retrofitting AMT in existing Ertigas ( la retro fitting of CNG kit offered by Honda in City if I remember correctly).

Regards,
JLS

Last edited by JLS : 11th December 2014 at 22:46.
JLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 17:38   #2107
ISO
BANNED

Any feedback on performance of ertiga at high altitude like leh laddak?
Old 14th December 2014, 12:18   #2108
BHPian

If the spy pics are anything to go by, then its going to be like the below (Just the bumpers, -Body kit). The Sporty variant showcased last year in Indonesian auto shows.

Img Courtesy: IAB

AMT would certainly kill the competition but I doubt they will now with their numbers still doing fine and they have not introduced it with Ciaz, Swift & Dzire facelifts?

Some copy paste of features from Swift facelift is all we can expect realistically. Bluetooth compatibility, ACC, Dash Combo from limited edition, Electrically retractable mirrors (may be).

Last edited by ganesc : 14th December 2014 at 12:20.
Old 15th December 2014, 14:33   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga and now another adjective "Sporty" Wow

I am happy driving my current Ertiga.

Ertiga is anyway made in india, So could it be that we spotted the test mule meant for Indonesia ? Chances also bright that Maruti will launch this to counter the Mobilio RS.

But it will only ruin the looks of current Ertiga !!

General query: Is it possible to get the chrome grill of the limited edition Ertiga ? Has anyone tried swapping their grill ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertigasportyonsaleinindonesia.jpg  

Old 15th December 2014, 14:39   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
General query: Is it possible to get the chrome grill of the limited edition Ertiga ? Has anyone tried swapping their grill ?
Very much possible. Imagine what happens when the Grill of the Limited edition gets damaged and needs replacement.

Get hold of the right part Number and enquire at an MGP outlet. In fact, dealers may also selling this as an accessory too!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 17:29   #2111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Very much possible. Imagine what happens when the Grill of the Limited edition gets damaged and needs replacement.

Get hold of the right part Number and enquire at an MGP outlet. In fact, dealers may also selling this as an accessory too!
Spot-on.

May be whoever is wanting to replace the stock grill to the limited edition one they'll have to assure that there is sufficient stock with the dealers or MGP stockists.

Anurag.
Old 16th December 2014, 00:13   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
And if AMT is provided which would be a boon for many, LUV is likely to shut the production of Mobilio by all means
Couldn't agree more, an automatic, that too an AMT, would be the icing on this cake: clutch less convenience at low upfront cost, low maintenance cost, low fuel consumption....making it the perfect single car for the entire family for any and all occasions! Can someone confirm launch date of AMT Ertiga?

And then I had a doubt on AMT, can someone plz educate me on this: say I am on a sharp incline, and come to a complete halt, now i need to start uphill, will amt cars roll back, unless u give hard acceleration? Or it will work exactly like a normal AT and go ahead regardless of sharpness of incline, number of people / weight in the car etc?
Old 16th December 2014, 12:06   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Spot-on.

May be whoever is wanting to replace the stock grill to the limited edition one they'll have to assure that there is sufficient stock with the dealers or MGP stockists.

Anurag.
I enquired about anniversary edition grill at one dealer in Pune last month, since I liked it very much. But unfortunately, this grill is not available as an accessory, and comes factory fitted unlike the 1st anniversary parts/decals which were dealer fitted.
Old 16th December 2014, 13:01   #2114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
I enquired about anniversary edition grill at one dealer in Pune last month, since I liked it very much. But unfortunately, this grill is not available as an accessory, and comes factory fitted unlike the 1st anniversary parts/decals which were dealer fitted.
Let me check at my dealer here. If its Factory fitted its still a part (MGP or MGA) and should be made available.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:12   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
And then I had a doubt on AMT, can someone plz educate me on this: say I am on a sharp incline, and come to a complete halt, now i need to start uphill, will amt cars roll back, unless u give hard acceleration? Or it will work exactly like a normal AT and go ahead regardless of sharpness of incline, number of people / weight in the car etc?
Yes, it will roll back. Best option is to engage handbrake and then start. Below is the explanation from the Team-BHP official review of Alto K10 with AMT. I guess, MSIL may offer 'Hill Hold' function for Ertiga.

'Hill starts require that you use the correct procedure in order to minimize rollback. There's even a sticker on the driver's door advising you to use the handbrake to aid starting on an incline. When starting off on a hill, switching your foot immediately from the brake to accelerator will result in the car rolling back....before it engages the clutch and moves forward. On a steep hill, the car can roll back as much as 3 feet before moving forward. It's dangerous, and also bad for the clutch in terms of wear & tear and overheating. In fact, there's a special 'transaxle overheating' warning light just for this. Thus, it's best to use the parking brake when starting off on an incline. This results in only an inch or two of rollback and a very gradual start-off. A 'Hill Hold' braking function would have been a neat addition, but we can't complain too much considering its affordable price tag'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks