Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 17:39   #2206
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Guys, did I confuse you no end!? Apologies for that!! To make matters clear, I have done first three servicing as per schedule. But at the third service, MASS put a sticker saying the fourth one is at 15000 KMS. Hence the dilemma.

If I ignore it and something happens to the vehicle now, will I be at risk as far as claims with Maruti is concerned? I know I have the winning edge on this point but I don't have the time and energy for all that. The "peace of mind" thing in my earlier post comes from this apprehension.

Any way thanks Parag and Anurag.
CoolCarNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 17:45   #2207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
But at the third service, MASS put a sticker saying the fourth one is at 15000 KMS. Hence the dilemma.
Just stick to the 10K interval from now and let that sticker job be ignored.

Your next service is at 20K or when the car is 24 months old. No one can question you on that as you are following the schedule.

MASS has this practice of referring 5K interval as "Inspection" which is never mandated by MSIL that sticks to 10K Interval.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 23:44   #2208
BHPian

A small test drive experience:

I know this post may not be required as the vehicle has been in market for some years now. Still I thought I would share my experience test driving Ertiga (petrol) for my brother. I will keep it very short.

Dealer: Bimal Auto, Old Airport Road, Bangalore

We paid a visit on Sunday evening. The sales executive seemed good and courteous. We sat in the vehicle for some time to see the space. Yup, space is one of the big driving factors, no wonder we have kept up with Tata vehicles for a long time just for this reason. But looks like this time we are going to ditch Tata for more peace of mind.

The vehicle that was sent was pretty abused one, and thoroughly dirty If not for a test drive vehicle, I would never sit in such a dirty car. The first impression was, they don't even care to sell. And yeah, why would they bother also, if not us, someone else would walk in.

1. On space (taking into account first two rows): Tata beats Ertiga hands down. Comparing the current ride, Indica (petrol) to Ertiga.

2. Ride quality: I would say, 50-50 to Ertiga but with some apprehensions. The test drive vehicle looked pretty abused. Worn out tyres at 24k kilometers. So, given that personal vehicle is better taken care of, it should ride better than a test drive vehicle. The ride quality on not-so-good Bangalore roads was really not very impressive. I guess the best of Ertiga is on highways.

3. Gizoms: No brainer, obviously Ertiga.

4. Pickup: We were six in the Ertiga but somehow felt that it was not pulling cleanly on gradient or otherwise in bumper to bumper traffic. You really need to work with gears. Brother's old Indica still fares better. But, then this vehicle is not meant for traffic-light to traffic-light dash. So that's okay.

6. Engine sound: Although a petrol, but could hear engine sound in cabin on higher revs. Ertiga slightly better than Indica.

Till today he seemed to be pretty sure on Ertiga but after test drive he has started thinking about giving a chance to Mobilio also.

On offers: Nothing, period. The SE doesn't even seemed interested to talk on this, although I would say he was a polite guy. But again, the deal was: You want to buy, then buy. Otherwise its okay :-)

Last edited by ambujlal : 19th March 2015 at 23:46.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:17   #2209
@KP
BHPian

Sorry, if this is but does anyone has any news on the facelifted Ertiga?

Last I read, it said June....

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...launching-june
Old 23rd March 2015, 21:24   #2210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
It's not available. These cars came factory fitted. Wondering what will happen if someone needs a replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
By the way did anyone happen to know if the Anniversary Edition's chrome grill is available either with MGA or at third party automobile stores?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Did anyone check the information with dealer/MSIL for 2nd year anniversary version Ertiga chrome grill (slotted grill)? paragsachania?
BTW, It is not part of MGA.
6500/-. That's what you pay if you want to plonk the grill of the Anniversary edition. Got this info from my dealer today.

So if you guys need the part number, let me know so that I can ask and post that here.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 10:38   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
6500/-. That's what you pay if you want to plonk the grill of the Anniversary edition. Got this info from my dealer today.

So if you guys need the part number, let me know so that I can ask and post that here.
Thanks a lot Parag for this useful information. Yes, please share the part number here, I'm sure there are lot of takers for it
Old 25th March 2015, 11:12   #2212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Parag for this useful information. Yes, please share the part number here, I'm sure there are lot of takers for it
I was interested too as the grill does look good, specially on darker shades of Ertiga but now wondering if 6500 is really worth spending for such a mod.

I will post the part number today in some time.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 11:40   #2213
@KP
BHPian

Perhaps we should wait for the facelift to be launched since the spyshots show a chrome front-grille.... It will be easy to procure the parts...
Old 25th March 2015, 11:46   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Perhaps we should wait for the facelift to be launched since the spyshots show a chrome front-grille.... It will be easy to procure the parts...
The chrome front-grill in face-lifted Ertiga (from spyshots off course) is designed differently, it has some tweaks in design which might not be a straight fit for existing Ertiga. However, the 2nd anniversary grill is a perfect fit , and it looks better than the one on face lifted version

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I was interested too as the grill does look good, specially on darker shades of Ertiga but now wondering if 6500 is really worth spending for such a mod.
I will post the part number today in some time.
Thanks parag. I see many Ertiga's with aftermarket chrome grill (mesh type) which costs anywhere between 2500-6000k depending on the material used. Now since this OEM chrome grill is available as MGA/MGP and looks neat & clean, I think there will be many takers, including me

Last edited by Aficionados : 25th March 2015 at 11:50.
Old 25th March 2015, 14:42   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

4. Pickup: We were six in the Ertiga but somehow felt that it was not pulling cleanly on gradient or otherwise in bumper to bumper traffic. You really need to work with gears. Brother's old Indica still fares better. But, then this vehicle is not meant for traffic-light to traffic-light dash. So that's okay.

6. Engine sound: Although a petrol, but could hear engine sound in cabin on higher revs. Ertiga slightly better than Indica.

Till today he seemed to be pretty sure on Ertiga but after test drive he has started thinking about giving a chance to Mobilio also.

On offers: Nothing, period. The SE doesn't even seemed interested to talk on this, although I would say he was a polite guy. But again, the deal was: You want to buy, then buy. Otherwise its okay :-)
I wonder why you did not consider Mobilio since your primary requirement is Petrol MUV. It is a serious contender anyway unless you want to save that extra Lakh with Ertiga.

In terms of the space, Both Ertiga and Mobilio are almost equal (Mobilio has better boot space)
In terms of Engine capacity and refinement, again Mobilio is better(Ertiga is not that bad in comparision)

Where ertiga scores over Mobilio is in Pricing and the quality of interiors. I own Diesel Ertiga and i have driven petrol one few times and felt Petrol Ertiga behaves good in city compared to my Diesel which comes with turbo lag.

Tables have turned for petrol engines now. till 2013(begining) Diesels had huge waiting period. Mainly because everyone wanted a diesel even though their usage was hardly 500 km per month. Now that diesel is de-regulated(not sure if it will be .. if oil touches 100$ again !) its natural that petrol engines are in demand.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 25th March 2015 at 14:44.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 15:21   #2216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga Anniversary Edition Front Grille -

Part Number - 71740M77M10-C48
MRP - 5225/-

So I was provided wrong information earlier on the price as 6500. This one (Price) suddenly seems interesting now .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 01:23   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Sorry, if this is but does anyone has any news on the facelifted Ertiga?

Last I read, it said June....

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...launching-june
Hey guys, was about to ask this myself, any news about the 2015 ertiga? When is it coming? Is it getting an auto tranny? AT / AMT?
Old 1st April 2015, 11:02   #2218
@KP
BHPian

^ I checked with Varun Motors, Gachibowli Hyderabad and they do not have any news on Ertiga Facelift. The only info they have right now is that XA Alpha will launch in Apr-Jun quarter (hopefully)

Do others have any other updates on this ?
Old 1st April 2015, 12:24   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Hey Ambuj, a small suggestion. When it comes to people carriers, you are better off with a diesel because of its huge torque. A Petrol Ertiga with its paltry low end and people full car and luggage will be 'not so great' to drive on the highways and not to mention, working those gears to extract power will leave a dent on the mileage.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:04   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey Ambuj, a small suggestion. When it comes to people carriers, you are better off with a diesel because of its huge torque. A Petrol Ertiga with its paltry low end and people full car and luggage will be 'not so great' to drive on the highways and not to mention, working those gears to extract power will leave a dent on the mileage.
Thanks Buddy. Yeah, we have considered that also, would be looking for diesel variants now. Although a competent vehicle, we have removed Ertiga from the list of probables because of poor ride quality and comfort. Ertiga just didn't cut with the family.

Last edited by ambujlal : 1st April 2015 at 19:05.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks