Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:02   #2251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is this because of the dash layout difference between the two cars? shorter dash in Wagon, gives more glass on the windshield? And hence more visibility for Wagon-R? If thats the case, you will need to work around it. No options there I think. Can you also check if you are sulking into the seat because of it being soft? In that case, bolstering the seat can also give a firmer/more upright position while being seated.
Yes, I have noticed that too. The vertical distance in Ertiga is lesser than WagonR.
Talking of the seat, I have adjusted it at the top position, hardly any sulking feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
^ It is more due to the thickness of all the Pillars starting from the A Pillar.

It happens to me as well when I cross such an intersection at Sahakarnagar. WagonR has thinner pillars. Secondly when one looks left to assess the traffic, In a WagonR he can spot the road from both the front and rear left windows in one go.

In Ertiga this is a bit difficult since the front window runs longer, followed by a thick B Pillar that one has to really bend a bit backwards to assess traffic from the rear left window.

It took a few days and now am all adjusted.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the soft seats here.
And when there is a co passenger, it becomes even more difficult. You need to ask them to keep a watch.
Old 3rd May 2015, 22:16   #2252
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hello everyone. I am planning to book the Ertiga ZXi. Does it make sense to wait for the facelifted version ? Would there be any serious changes to the engine ? I am not interested in climate control or start stop system. Kindly advise.

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 23:13   #2253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Hello everyone. I am planning to book the Ertiga ZXi. Does it make sense to wait for the facelifted version ? Would there be any serious changes to the engine ? I am not interested in climate control or start stop system. Kindly advise.

Thanks
Engine options etc to be same IMO apart from a few days that would be added.

If you aren't particular about these features then go ahead and book it.
Old 4th May 2015, 17:39   #2254
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Echo !! Infact if you are not interested in those new facelifted features, why wait and then pay extra because they are available - because the facelift version will definitely be costlier than the previous version - even if its just 10-15K more. Just go ahead and book your car. Who knows, they may actually thrown in a discount if you show some laxity - just so they can clear off the old stock

Also, all the new features are just speculations right now. No confirmation so far about these so called facelift-features. None of the MS dealers have any idea about this facelift.

Last edited by @KP : 4th May 2015 at 17:42.
Old 4th May 2015, 18:39   #2255
BHPian

@Aditya- also, you will get yourself a better looking car by not going for the facelift.
Old 4th May 2015, 20:06   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
I suggest to buy right now if you are not keen on the ACC or Bluetooth or 10% mileage increase.

Consider 10-15k price increase and loss of 10k official discount for sure. You should be able to negotiate better deals on existing stock. If you are not particular on the color of vehicle, you may get a sweeter deal once the new model is announced. (Heard that some dealers were giving 15-20 k worth of accessories on pre face lifted Swift vxi models recently)

Diesel models have a 30k+ 30k discount offer running now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
2. The left side mirror is broken just a day before the delivery. See below pic. Couldnt fix it before taking delivery due to time constraints.
Maruti service center asks for complete assembly replacement with painting and quoting Rs 5350. I see that the black piece which is connecting the mirror with car body is only broken, the mirror cover and inside glass etc all are intact.
Is it possible to get just the bottom black portion?
Update: asked 3 dealers about rate, Quotes for full Assembly + painting + fixing
1. Pratham motors - Rs 5600
2. Bimal Maruti (varthur) - 5350
3. Bimal Maruti (Whitefield road) - 5250

Finally went to Bimal, bought the Assembly, replaced cover with older one. Total cost 4650+ 60 = 4710.

Prathams quotes were too high. They quoted even higher than mgp cost for the part, 200 for labor and 500 for painting. Another reason for not turning up there.

Replacement took 15 mts. 3 screws, 2 clips takes the mirror out. But to disconnect the wiring clip, the door panel also needs to be removed.

Last edited by arjithin : 4th May 2015 at 20:23.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 20:12   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Echo !! Infact if you are not interested in those new facelifted features, why wait and then pay extra because they are available - because the facelift version will definitely be costlier than the previous version - even if its just 10-15K more. Just go ahead and book your car. Who knows, they may actually thrown in a discount if you show some laxity - just so they can clear off the old stock

Also, all the new features are just speculations right now. No confirmation so far about these so called facelift-features. None of the MS dealers have any idea about this facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
@Aditya- also, you will get yourself a better looking car by not going for the facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I suggest to buy right now if you are not keen on the ACC or Bluetooth or 10% mileage increase.

Consider 10-15k price increase and loss of 10k official discount for sure. You should be able to negotiate better deals on existing stock. If you are not particular on the color of vehicle, you may get a sweeter deal once the new model is announced. (Heard that some dealers were giving 15-20 k worth of accessories on pre face lifted Swift vxi models recently)

Diesel models have a 30k+ 30k discount offer running now.
Thanks a lot guys. I would be consulting with my parents this weekend and make a decision. Even I don't like the new facelifted version. The only thing I was worried was about a major change in the engine specs or maybe colour options. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks again

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 4th May 2015 at 20:14.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 12:10   #2258
BHPian

I am in the same boat. Any idea if the upholstery will get a change? Is it worth waiting for? Thanks!

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys. I would be consulting with my parents this weekend and make a decision. Even I don't like the new facelifted version. The only thing I was worried was about a major change in the engine specs or maybe colour options. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks again
Old 11th May 2015, 13:04   #2259
@KP
BHPian

Does anyone has any insights about the upcoming facelift? Meanwhile, the dealers seem to be in a hurry to clear the stock. Last week, when I checked with VARUN motors, they tried to play very cool - mentioning that they have no news about it. But they have slightly increased their discount now. On the whole, the Petrol top end gets around 30-35K discount and the Diesel top end gets around 45-50K discount (including the loyalty bonus). All this is a clear indication that they intend to clear stock.
Old 12th May 2015, 10:57   #2260
BHPian

I have almost decided on Ertiga after test driving Ertiga, Lodgy and Mobilo last week. Can you give a breakup of the discount? For diesel I was told 25k plus 2.5k corporate + an exchange bonus. The remember the discount being a little more last month. So I don't think they are giving more discounts

Mandovi Motors says there is no facelift planned at least 1-2 months down the line. They are informed a month in advance and asked to clear stock which has not happened. Also according to the sales person, the facelift if it comes will be minor. Delivery times for VDI is a week while ZDI can be 1-3 weeks depending on colour chosen.

Quote:
Does anyone has any insights about the upcoming facelift? Meanwhile, the dealers seem to be in a hurry to clear the stock. Last week, when I checked with VARUN motors, they tried to play very cool - mentioning that they have no news about it. But they have slightly increased their discount now. On the whole, the Petrol top end gets around 30-35K discount and the Diesel top end gets around 45-50K discount (including the loyalty bonus). All this is a clear indication that they intend to clear stock.

Last edited by litesaber : 12th May 2015 at 11:01.
Old 12th May 2015, 11:25   #2261
@KP
BHPian

Its 25K consumer discount + 20K exchange bonus + 2.5K corporate discount. I hope I recollected it well.

Infact, the sales rep told me that the discount on diesel has increased from last month. Not sure where is the disconnect here.
Old 12th May 2015, 12:32   #2262
BHPian

The discount on diesel was 30k (consumer) last month. This month its reduced to 25k.

Quote:
Its 25K consumer discount + 20K exchange bonus + 2.5K corporate discount. I hope I recollected it well.

Infact, the sales rep told me that the discount on diesel has increased from last month. Not sure where is the disconnect here.
Old 13th May 2015, 14:43   #2263
BHPian

Just completed 20K Kms in my Ertiga ZDI. Its greatest weakness has been its greatest strength. It has been a B-O-R-I-N-G, predictable, no-nonsense, ultra-comfortable, "sensible' drive. It has carried the two us to all parts of town, carried our extended family of 6 full sized adults + 1 child to the airport, dinners and picnics. On the whole, it has been worthwhile owning the Ertiga
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wp_20150301_19_43_36_pro.jpg  

Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 15:53   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I am in the same boat. Any idea if the upholstery will get a change? Is it worth waiting for? Thanks!
Upholstery typically changes. It might be dual tone, dual shade fabric, Leather on top end etc. But the current upholstery quality is excellent(just that the color is dirt magnet)

But if you are expecting them to change all that Beige inside, I dont think they will do that.

This is just a midlife upgrade.

I would have been happy if they gave split seats for 3rd row, cruise control, driver arm rest, climate control etc.

As we saw with new Swift, expect the new Ertiga to have ARAI of 22-23 kmpl as against the current 20.xx kmpl

I am still trying to find out if they can tune my ECU to boost my FE as well !! may be that will happen eventually once the new car is out
Old 17th May 2015, 17:48   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Painted the wheelcap to black.it had too much scratches and thought I will experiment before throwing them. I am kind of liking it where as wife gave a staring look.

Comments please..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wheelspainted.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wheelleftbefore.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wheelleftafter.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wheelrightbefore.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wheelrightafter.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks