Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:33   #2311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
Got the 4th Servicing done at CIL, Kataraj. Total damage Rs 8,390.
Surprising to see that the ASC hasn't yet the 'Service Kit' during the service?!

That's a decent bill IMO.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 08:45   #2312
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 DIY: Replacing the rear wiper arm and cabin filter

Got the rear arm wiper fixed this Saturday on my Ertiga! The MASS had tightened it so much that it refused to swing. Oiled it overnight and next morning removed the nut and the arm with much difficulty. Thanks RR for a detail pictorial presentation. It really helped me in my first DIY!

Now its working again!!
Old 1st July 2015, 17:29   #2313
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Friends, any updates on when the facelift is expected to launch in the market?

I plan to buy it, not sure when the facelift would be launched
I contacted Wonder Cars (in pune) , the sales manager said he does not have any idea on the launch date. They are currently offering a discount of 15k on the ZDI version which i think is a good deal considering the extra (~20-50k just guessing) premium we have to pay once the facelift it out. So the difference in the price would be somewhere around 40k to 50k(between the current zdi and the facelifted one). But then I would probably loose out on the juicy upgrades (ACC, 1.6L multijet?!, keyless entry etc)
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:53   #2314
@KP
BHPian

The sheer fact that NONE of the dealerships have any news about the facelift is not encouraging at all. I get a feeling it many not happen in this year after all. Perhaps it may happen around Feb/Mar 2016 like how they did Swift followed by Dzire.

MSIL's current focus seems to be S-Cross and maybe YRA/Fronx after that (even that am not sure)
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:28   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
The sheer fact that NONE of the dealerships have any news about the facelift is not encouraging at all. I get a feeling it many not happen in this year after all. Perhaps it may happen around Feb/Mar 2016 like how they did Swift followed by Dzire.

MSIL's current focus seems to be S-Cross and maybe YRA/Fronx after that (even that am not sure)
Probably MSIL would like to see the response for 1.6 ltr MJD in S-Cross, before plonking it into Ertiga?
I think Ertiga facelift should be there in the market during Diwali festival if they limit it to only cosmetic changes, but it might come in next year if 1.6 engine is making entry to it.
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:19   #2316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The sheer fact that NONE of the dealerships have any news about the facelift is not encouraging at all. I get a feeling it many not happen in this year after all.
Ertiga face lift is speculated to launch in Oct-15. Ftonx/YRA will most probably launch only in 2016.

No dealership will normally be aware of the time frame of launches.

http://motoroctane.com/news/15155-ma...u-want-to-know
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:56   #2317
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga face lift is speculated to launch in Oct-15. Ftonx/YRA will most probably launch only in 2016.

No dealership will normally be aware of the time frame of launches.

http://motoroctane.com/news/15155-ma...u-want-to-know
Well, this is encouraging news. Oct '15 is not bad afterall.

But why shouldn't the dealerships be aware of these facelifts. They are front-ending the customer. What if a customer buys an old model and the facelift is launched within a month? Won't the customer feel deprived ? And question the dealer why they didn't inform him about this?
Old 10th July 2015, 13:48   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Please let us know how this fared. I am getting a minor squeak/ squeal. I am currently at 23,500 Kms. I have not been able to isolate with 100% certainty whether its due to the steering, or the new tyres (I have new Continental ContiContacts).

Has anyone else faced this issue?
Sorry for the delayed response. Was out of town.
I took my ertiga for 1st service and reported the issue. Service personnel told me that he just opened the base clamp and reset the steering. Though not very convinced with the answer, the problem has gone. Have you checked yours in the meantime?
Old 14th July 2015, 10:36   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga Face lift will be unveiled soon in 2015 GIIAS.(Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show)

Quote:
Besides the design, it is reported to get several new features that possibly equipped in this facelift version, such as start-stop engine button, digital AC, and airbag for the base version.
India launch likely in the Festive season - Sept- Oct'15

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2015ertigafaceliftfront630x417.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-suzukiertigafaceliftrear630x456.jpg

http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-will-l...acelift/17145/

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th July 2015 at 10:55.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 11:37   #2320
BHPian

I am facing an odd issue. Post a long drive (200 Kms), (I guess the transmission heated up more than usual) the car refused to slot from 3rd to 2nd or 1st when decelerating.

However, from standstill, moving to 1st or 2nd is not a problem at all. Car is right now at 49K Kms. What can be the issue? I will be visiting a MSM on Thursday/ Saturday.

Throughout the overall 600Km drive on that day, I got a FE of over 22 in the ZDi. Driving style is sedate or lazy-man driving, and I do not see any issue with the clutch also at present.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:05   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I am facing an odd issue. Post a long drive (200 Kms), (I guess the transmission heated up more than usual) the car refused to slot from 3rd to 2nd or 1st when decelerating.

However, from standstill, moving to 1st or 2nd is not a problem at all. Car is right now at 49K Kms. What can be the issue? I will be visiting a MSM on Thursday/ Saturday.
By your description, the issue is more likely to be with Synchronizer associated with the Transmission system.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-failure.html

You are one of those unlucky fellas. Since your car is covered under extended Warranty, I would suggest you visit the ASC and report this issue ASAP and get it sorted (They would replace the part).
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:18   #2322
BHPian

Team,

Have couple of queries on the Ertiga, need your help.

1. Is there a chance that the beige steering is getting changed in the newer version. One of my friend is planning to buy the vehicle but the only turn off is the steering. Guess the limited edition VXI and VDI (if i am not wrong) had a black steering which looked excellent.

2. How is the ride quality in the middle seats. Is it plush ? We got a feedback from one of my known associate who is an owner of 2015 ZXI model that the ride is quite bumpy. Have already told him to check his vehicle's Tyre pressure.
Old 15th July 2015, 12:49   #2323
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift to be Revealed on August 20, 2015

Quote:
The Suzuki Ertiga will be revealed on August 20 at the Auto Show and will come with a host of changes. The front grille for starters will be all-new and there will be some additions of chrome to make it look more premium.

There may be a host of changes made to the interiors of the car and we'll get to see some additional features in the MPV. Features like an engine Start/Stop button to phone controls on the steering wheels could make their way into the car.

However, the biggest change that we expect in the Ertiga facelift is the addition of the Auto Gear Shift. The company has said it a number of times that they would want to have a variant with the AGS in every segment and the Ertiga facelift would also benefit from this.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-781320

----------------

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
Friends, any updates on when the facelift is expected to launch in the market?
Quote:
The sheer fact that NONE of the dealerships have any news about the facelift is not encouraging at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
I think Ertiga facelift should be there in the market during Diwali festival
Quote:
Ertiga face lift is speculated to launch in Oct-15.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th July 2015 at 13:09.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 16:18   #2324
BHPian

Has anyone faced momentary loss in braking power of the Ertiga? I have a 2013, Oct. model Ertiga ZXi. I have felt this twice or thrice.
On the first occasion, this happened at somewhat lower speeds in slow moving traffic. I suddenly felt this when stopping behind another car. But it regained the power immediately and I could stop just before hitting the other car from behind. I ignored the event thinking that it might just be my feeling.
Later on, when I had gone to Mahabaleshwar in May this year, this happened again. This time, I had just started my car after halting at one of the locations and was again at lower speeds. The brake pedal just would not press. I had a scary moment and immediately took my car to the left side of the road and parked on the curb. Again tried to press the brake, but it did not move even after pressing hard. It was like when you press the brake when the engine is not running. The engine was running all the time, so there should not have been loss in power. I even checked if any object had rolled down below the brake pedal for it to block the movement of the pedal, but there was nothing below it. Then I just switched off the engine, waited for 5 mins. and restarted, and everything was OK once again.
I have not taken up this behaviour with Maruti service yet, since the problem is very rare and the vehicle is behaving perfectly otherwise. Even urgent braking is good otherwise.
If any one has faced this issue, and has found a resolution, please let me know.
Moderators, hope this is the right place to post this. If not, kindly move to relevant thread.
Old 15th July 2015, 17:28   #2325
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga Face lift will be unveiled soon in 2015 GIIAS.(Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show)

India launch likely in the Festive season - Sept- Oct'15

http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-will-l...acelift/17145/
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift to be Revealed on August 20, 2015

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-781320
This is really good news. I have been waiting for some progress on this for the last month or so.

But I still wonder, why the dealerships have not been provided any information on this. They should atleast be given info to clear existing stock.

Most Viewed