Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 17:33   #2326
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
If any one has faced this issue, and has found a resolution, please let me know.
You can try to bleed the brake lines and check if the issue repeats.
Old 15th July 2015, 17:34   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
But I still wonder, why the dealerships have not been provided any information on this. They should atleast be given info to clear existing stock.
Maybe, they have been provided the information. They are just feigning ignorance to actually clear existing stock .
Old 15th July 2015, 17:50   #2328
BHPian

Thanks baatterylow. I am no expert in this matter. Can u please let me know what is meant by bleeding the brake lines? How is it done? What should I tell the service person to do?
Old 15th July 2015, 20:31   #2329
BANNED

The tailgate rattles on my Ertiga ZDi over broken roads. Is there any fix for it?

And when the car is fully loaded say 7-8 people, the right rear corner makes weird noises. What could be the issue and how to solve it?
Old 15th July 2015, 20:44   #2330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
The tailgate rattles on my Ertiga ZDi over broken roads. Is there any fix for it?
First identify the cause for rattle.

Check for loose strut mountings holding the tailgate. Then check the Tailgate lock hook for alignment. If this is misaligned, there are chances that the tail door is not locking in correctly and metal-metal contact when moving on bad roads is creating the rattle. As a check, you can wrap the lock hook with few rounds of electrical insulation tape and then close the boot door and check for rattle.

Quote:
And when the car is fully loaded say 7-8 people, the right rear corner makes weird noises. What could be the issue and how to solve it?
Need to know more about the noise you are referring to. Since you mention this happens under full load, I don't suspect anything inside the car including the seat belts or seats themselves making this noise and it could be something else!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 20:52   #2331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
First identify the cause for rattle.

Check for loose strut mountings holding the tailgate. Then check the Tailgate lock hook for alignment. If this is misaligned, there are chances that the tail door is not locking in correctly and metal-metal contact when moving on bad roads is creating the rattle. As a check, you can wrap the lock hook with few rounds of electrical insulation tape and then close the boot door and check for rattle.

Need to know more about the noise you are referring to. Since you mention this happens under full load, I don't suspect anything inside the car including the seat belts or seats themselves making this noise and it could be something else!
Thank you Parag. Will check on the tailgate.

Coming to the noise, it almost feels like the body is rubbing with tires or something. It also has a squeaking noise on bumps.
Old 15th July 2015, 20:58   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
Thanks baatterylow. I am no expert in this matter. Can u please let me know what is meant by bleeding the brake lines? How is it done? What should I tell the service person to do?
Please tell the service center person to just bleed the brake lines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_bleeding
Old 15th July 2015, 21:05   #2333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the noise, it almost feels like the body is rubbing with tires or something. It also has a squeaking noise on bumps.
I often drive full load making use of all 3 rows and pass over some real huge speedbreakers during the journey. In fact, most of the full load drives (5+2) has always been on highways and that means my speeds were typically 90-110 kmph based on merit of roads.

My Ertiga might have passed many undulations, specially culverts and smaller bridges with this load often creating a bouncy effect but never had issues with such noises of tires rubbing even when my car's running on wider profile tires (205/60/15).

May be you should ask someone to drive while you are seated in the last row and identify the noise. It so happened in my case that I sat in the last row to identify the cause for a shrilling noise from the rear and eventually the culprit was the loose Jack. I ensure the jack was fitting tight by twisting it by one more turn and the noise had gone.

Sometimes, you may have to be the passenger to identify few noises .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 21:22   #2334
BANNED

Quote:
I often drive full load making use of all 3 rows and pass over some real huge speedbreakers during the journey. In fact, most of the full load drives (5+2) has always been on highways and that means my speeds were typically 90-110 kmph based on merit of roads.

My Ertiga might have passed many undulations, specially culverts and smaller bridges with this load often creating a bouncy effect but never had issues with such noises of tires rubbing even when my car's running on wider profile tires (205/60/15).

May be you should ask someone to drive while you are seated in the last row and identify the noise. It so happened in my case that I sat in the last row to identify the cause for a shrilling noise from the rear and eventually the culprit was the loose Jack. I ensure the jack was fitting tight by twisting it by one more turn and the noise had gone.

Sometimes, you may have to be the passenger to identify few noises .
This is my view being a passenger only! The jack was used once. Will check the jack. Thanks for the insight.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:15   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
What could be the issue and how to solve it?
Hi Kisharchit,

The tail gate should not have any problems. Please check the Tool kit area and also the space behind the third row seats. There is a 'loose' pad that's placed behind the seats to cover the storage area. Even this creates rattling sound.

Also, I hear rattle noise from almost every corner of my Ertiga VXi when driven over Chennai Bypass road from Tambaram to Porur. Chennai BHP'ians would know the current road conditions.

I started to ignore the rear seat noise after frequent visits to MASS. But, post the 20K service, the MASS folks have aggravated the rattle noise

Now, I hear noise from the left front door, rear seats, rear A/C vent etc;

When I checked closely, I can see a gap between the rear A/C vents and fabric lining. Not sure if the A/C hasn't been fitted properly.
Old 18th July 2015, 00:33   #2336
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki Launches Ertiga Paseo Limited Edition

Quote:
The limited edition of the Ertiga is based on the VXi and VDi trim and is offered with more features.

The car will be made available only in two colours - the Superior White and the Silky Silver. With the added features the Ertiga Paseo becomes the most well equipped MPV in the segment.
Name:  ForumRunner_20150718_003245.png
Views: 4043
Size:  173.6 KB

Changed done on the exterior changes are few:

1) Side body decals,
2) Rear spoiler and
3) A blackened D-pillar.

But the major change is given in the inside via addition of many aftermarket accessories like :

1) New seat covers,
2) Steering wheel cover,
3) Bluetooth,
4) A cool/warm box,
5) Pillows,
6) Door sill guards,
7) Designer mats,
8) Reverse parking sensors,
9) High-speed multi-charger,
10) A storage box and
11) A digital tyre inflator.

Looks like an effort to clear inventories just before the facelift arrives.

Whatever be it, I like this limited edition variant that has some meaning to it of being a "Limited Edition" actually as compared to the ones launched which are mere stickering jobs. This one has some goodies in offer which will be useful to all.

SOURCE:
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-782465

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th July 2015 at 00:34.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 09:15   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I am facing an odd issue. Post a long drive (200 Kms), (I guess the transmission heated up more than usual) the car refused to slot from 3rd to 2nd or 1st when decelerating.

However, from standstill, moving to 1st or 2nd is not a problem at all. Car is right now at 49K Kms. What can be the issue? I will be visiting a MSM on Thursday/ Saturday.

Throughout the overall 600Km drive on that day, I got a FE of over 22 in the ZDi. Driving style is sedate or lazy-man driving, and I do not see any issue with the clutch also at present.
Quote:
By your description, the issue is more likely to be with Synchronizer associated with the Transmission system.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-failure.html

You are one of those unlucky fellas. Since your car is covered under extended Warranty, I would suggest you visit the ASC and report this issue ASAP and get it sorted (They would replace the part).
The machinery has been opened and inspected, pics have been sent off to the Maruti regional office guys. Attaching them in this post.
The brass coloured ring is to blame, that is the synchronizer. I have taken a new piece from their store and added a pic of the same as well.

Further, the clutch wear is uneven, and the hydraulic bearing is almost fully worn out as well probably because of the same. I am given to understand these issues are interlinked with the synchronizer ring issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150719_155133.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150719_155230.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150719_155148.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150719_155457.jpg  

latentpotential is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 16:34   #2338
BHPian

Almost all the Special Edition from Maruti has been consistent in 2 aspects:
Sticker Jobs
Funny Names (can we forget Ertiga Feliz) !

Ertiga Paseo Limited Edition is better in aspect#1 with some useful equipment. Though most of us usually buy these accessories sooner or later on our own, still good to get them through company.
However, personally, I find "Paseo Explore" name again weird. I wonder what stops them choosing names like Special Edition 2015 or so - even VW Vento has seen so many special editions, but with decent names IMO.

Last edited by Zinda : 20th July 2015 at 16:36. Reason: Resolving pronoun ambiguity by adding "Ertiga Paseo Limited Edition"
Old 20th July 2015, 16:54   #2339
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launch scheduled for 3rd week of October.

Quote:
2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga includes changes to the front bumper, grill along with silver inserts for fog lights, that are also new. Headlight and tail-lights remain the same. However, we can expect a lot of changes on the inside in terms of features. Start-stop button, Bluetooth, steering mounted control and much more.
http://gaadiwaadi.com/scoop-2015-mar...ctober-111647/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 18:03   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
The machinery has been opened and inspected, pics have been sent off to the Maruti regional office guys. Attaching them in this post.
The brass coloured ring is to blame, that is the synchronizer. I have taken a new piece from their store and added a pic of the same as well.

Further, the clutch wear is uneven, and the hydraulic bearing is almost fully worn out as well probably because of the same. I am given to understand these issues are interlinked with the synchronizer ring issue.
And two more pictures to show the assembly and location of the culprit - Item # 29 it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150720_131005.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150720_131010.jpg  

latentpotential is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks