Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 14:28   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
There is no other vehicle currently available in the market which can pip the Ertiga for my requirements.
If it is petrol the only alternative is Mobilio. However, for a MPV it would be better on a diesel as diesel motor provides extra torque which is handy when carrying 5+ passengers and luggages. If it is diesel you have quite a number of alternatives depending on your budget and criteria.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 15:16   #2417
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Below are the figures of my ZDI fuel consumption (Tankful-tankful). Combined Load/No-Load. Not sure of the petrol model though.
Best=19 kmpl
Average=17/18 kmpl
Worst=12 - 15 kmpl

I have noticed a huge improvement in fuel efficiency when within 80-100 kmph limit. Damn, it sips more when the speed just goes up by 20 kmph

Why replacing your Innova with Ertiga? Not sure if you have mentioned that in your ownership review but Ertiga wont disappoint you. It will manage to do what Innova did but not so effortlessly.
Thank you ganesc for sharing your FE figures. More or less they are in line with my expectations. I am more keen on petrol Ertiga figures.

Well for the reason of replacing my Innova with Ertiga, you will have to go through my ownership thread over here (message# 282 onwards) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...khorse-19.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
If it is petrol the only alternative is Mobilio. However, for a MPV it would be better on a diesel as diesel motor provides extra torque which is handy when carrying 5+ passengers and luggages. If it is diesel you have quite a number of alternatives depending on your budget and criteria.
I agree with you sathya, but the diesel motor on Ertiga though adequate is not to my liking. Had it been a 1.5L or 1.6L motor I would have gone for the diesel Ertiga eyes closed.
Old 29th August 2015, 16:39   #2418
BANNED

Quote:
If the sale of my Innova-V goes well then I may opt for the Ertiga ZXi. There is no other vehicle currently available in the market which can pip the Ertiga for my requirements.
Not many niggles IMO with respect to the Ertiga as compared to City thread.

If you plan to go long drives then I'd suggest the Diesel Ertiga even though it isn't a scorcher in performance department. If speeds are between 80 - 110 kmph then you have no reason to complain.

With over 30K kms, no niggles with my Ertiga though mine is diesel. We have two Petrol Ertiga's in the family and haven't heard any niggles from them too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 19:44   #2419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not many niggles IMO with respect to the Ertiga as compared to City thread.

If you plan to go long drives then I'd suggest the Diesel Ertiga even though it isn't a scorcher in performance department. If speeds are between 80 - 110 kmph then you have no reason to complain.

With over 30K kms, no niggles with my Ertiga though mine is diesel. We have two Petrol Ertiga's in the family and haven't heard any niggles from them too.
Thank you Anurag for your inputs. Good to know that Ertigas are usually niggle free. Yes I do like long drives, but I am thinking to hire cars like Zoomcar for long drives if ever the need arises for a bigger car.
Old 29th August 2015, 22:35   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Guys just went through the ET article shared by Volkman few days back. The Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS), a mild hybrid system mated with a 1.3 litre diesel engine, seems to be very promising. It is likely to be priced aggressively,which may be at a marginal premium, or Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 costlier.

While the technology will be imported, the high import cost will be offset by the incentives given by the government through lower excise duty of 12.5 per cent and subsidy extension of Rs 12,000- Rs 13,000 under electric and hybrid vehicle policy of FAME, which will help the company save over Rs 1 lakh on the ticket price.

The same technology will make its way in Ertiga hybrid in October and it may be fitted in all 1.3 litre diesel engine cars of Maruti Suzuki in the future. The company expects almost half the new Ciaz and Ertiga sales to come from diesel hybrid version.

I can hold my horses till the Ertiga facelift gets launched in October. If it comes with all these goodies, SHVS, split third rom, ACC, Auto folding mirrors, revamped interiors and exteriors, then I think there won't be any looking back and I would be the first to book one.
Old 29th August 2015, 23:56   #2421
BHPian

I have just one recurring question on my mind; Why-O-Why do these people in Maruti think that simply adding lots of chrome to a vehicle qualifies as an upgrade? Does innovation mean nothing to these people? Apart from the 50:50 split in the 3rd row seat, I don't see any worthwhile factor. Why can't these people take a leaf out of Hyundai's book and launch something like the i20 elite. That car is loaded up to its gills (though I don't like the fact that it comes with less number of airbags).
Old 31st August 2015, 12:21   #2422
BHPian

I have a Petrol ZXI from the last 2 years. Driven around 16000 Kms. The mileage I get in Bangalore, will full A/C and 4/5 people on-board is around 12-13 KMPL.

I have gone on quite a few long drives and I get 14-15 KMPL.

Otherwise, no major issues. If driven in the 80-100 KMPH range, it is a good vehicle. The only issue I face is some noise I hear from the overhead A/C unit when going over speed breakers, that MAS has not been able to figure out.

Rgds
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 12:39   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Guys just went through the ET article shared by Volkman few days back. The Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS), a mild hybrid system mated with a 1.3 litre diesel engine, seems to be very promising. It is likely to be priced aggressively,which may be at a marginal premium, or Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 costlier.

While the technology will be imported, the high import cost will be offset by the incentives given by the government through lower excise duty of 12.5 per cent and subsidy extension of Rs 12,000- Rs 13,000 under electric and hybrid vehicle policy of FAME, which will help the company save over Rs 1 lakh on the ticket price.

The same technology will make its way in Ertiga hybrid in October and it may be fitted in all 1.3 litre diesel engine cars of Maruti Suzuki in the future. The company expects almost half the new Ciaz and Ertiga sales to come from diesel hybrid version.

I can hold my horses till the Ertiga facelift gets launched in October. If it comes with all these goodies, SHVS, split third rom, ACC, Auto folding mirrors, revamped interiors and exteriors, then I think there won't be any looking back and I would be the first to book one.
Hi AutoIndian,

My Ertiga ZXi is 2 years old and almost 37000 KM old.
Regarding the power and torque, this is a Car/MUV with best combination.

I have driven with full load on many road conditions, never feel this car is underpowered.

You can check my review in this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html

Not a single issue till now.

If your usage is 70% in city then ZXi is the model for you. petrol motor has awesome torque for city.

This is my only car and i am using it for city & highway.
Mileage is awesome. Now a days i am geting 13 kmpl with 100% AC in city.
Around 14/17 kmpl on highway(Depend on driving and load)

If you are considering a ZXi then this is the best VFM car till date.

Around 8.5 lac it's an excellent family car.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:35   #2424

I am interested in getting the body kit (front, side and back skirting) fitted for my Ertiga (zxi). Does anyone have any experience on how it would affect the ground clearance ? Would that become a major worry, leading to frequent ground scraping ?

I am considering the standard MGA kit. Are there any other good alternatives ?
Old 31st August 2015, 16:00   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
I have a Petrol ZXI from the last 2 years. Driven around 16000 Kms. The mileage I get in Bangalore, will full A/C and 4/5 people on-board is around 12-13 KMPL.

I have gone on quite a few long drives and I get 14-15 KMPL.

Otherwise, no major issues. If driven in the 80-100 KMPH range, it is a good vehicle. The only issue I face is some noise I hear from the overhead A/C unit when going over speed breakers, that MAS has not been able to figure out.

Rgds
Suhas
Thank you Suhas for sharing your experience with the ZXi. 14-15 KMPL on long drives is really good figure. I too am a sedate driver and normally drive in the 80-100 KMPH range. Only once in a while exceed the triple digit speeds (when the roads and co-passengers allow). Ohh, the infamous overhead A/C unit noise. I have become quite familiar with that. I wonder why MSL has still not been able to fix it even after 3 years of launching the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi AutoIndian,

My Ertiga ZXi is 2 years old and almost 37000 KM old.
That is some serious mile crunching that you have done KALINGA. You are averaging almost 18.5K km in a year. Couldn't you have been better off with a diesel Ertiga?

Quote:
Regarding the power and torque, this is a Car/MUV with best combination.

I have driven with full load on many road conditions, never feel this car is underpowered.

You can check my review in this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html
Gr8, thank for for sharing your ownership report link. Will definitely go through it in leisure, have bookmarked it. Have you tried with 4 adults and two kids with luggage. Does the ZXi pull cleanly over the speed breakers, pot holes etc?

Quote:
Not a single issue till now.

If your usage is 70% in city then ZXi is the model for you. petrol motor has awesome torque for city.
Wonderful to know that. Yes 70% of my use will be in city only with some good roads. I have test driven the petrol Ertiga last year and quite liked the way in which it pulled cleanly.

Quote:
This is my only car and i am using it for city & highway.
Mileage is awesome. Now a days i am getting 13 kmpl with 100% AC in city.
Around 14/17 kmpl on highway(Depend on driving and load)
Really awesome mileage figures there. I think yours and Blr_RK's mileage figures are quite consistent.

Quote:
If you are considering a ZXi then this is the best VFM car till date.

Around 8.5 lac it's an excellent family car.
There is simply no other 7 seater (or 5+2 seater) car with such an all round package at this price point. That is the simple reason I getting so inclined towards the Ertiga. Only question remains whether to go for a petrol or a diesel. One question to both of you, after how many kms do you do a tank full? Do you get at least a range of 500+ kms over a tankful before hitting the reserve level?
Old 31st August 2015, 16:24   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
That is some serious mile crunching that you have done KALINGA. You are averaging almost 18.5K km in a year. Couldn't you have been better off with a diesel Ertiga?

Does the ZXi pull cleanly over the speed breakers, pot holes etc?

Wonderful to know that. Yes 70% of my use will be in city only with some good roads. I have test driven the petrol Ertiga last year and quite liked the way in which it pulled cleanly.

Really awesome mileage figures there. I think yours and Blr_RK's mileage figures are quite consistent.
Yes, almost 19k in a year..You can say the Ertiga effect

Yes Diesel model would have cheaper for my usage. But the price difference between ZXi & ZDi is huge, almost 2 lac.

I did not consider the lower model and have strict budget of 8.5 lac.

The saving against the Zxi (Price difference between ZDi & ZXi) can compensate my fuel for 1 more year.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 16:35   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRPM View Post
I am interested in getting the body kit (front, side and back skirting) fitted for my Ertiga (zxi).
I am considering the standard MGA kit. Are there any other good alternatives ?
Hi,

I have the MGA Full Body kit. Yes, ground clearance will certainly be reduced.

But I don't find any issue like scraping when going over speed breakers etc;

I have done multiple trips to Kerala, Ooty, Bangalore with the kit!

Please check this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...india-224.html

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 31st August 2015 at 16:38. Reason: Added the link
Old 1st September 2015, 20:25   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Guys, hope you are following this thread on Ciaz SHVS ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html

One interesting fact is that even after bringing in this advanced hybrid technology in Ciaz, MSIL has dropped the ex-showroom prices of Ciaz to the tune of 22K for the top end model. This has been possible because of the reduction in excise duty for hybrid cars. Do you see the same thing happening when the Ertiga SHVS gets launched. Ciaz SHVS is boasting a fuel economy of 28.09 kmpl (this is for a car with kerb weight of 1105 kg and 5 gears MT). What do you guys think would be the expected FE figure for Ertiga SHVS (kerb weight of 1235 kg and 5 gears MT), which is additional 130 kilos over the Ciaz?
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:57   #2429
BHPian

Does anybody have update on new Ertiga launch date ?
SHVS and other changes might be very interesting to look for in the new Ertiga (except of course the chrome overdose).
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:03   #2430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
Does anybody have update on new Ertiga launch date ?
SHVS and other changes might be very interesting to look for in the new Ertiga (except of course the chrome overdose).
Seeing the lower sales figures for Ertiga in August it does seem that the facelift launch is near and dealers could be aware of this.

Rumored indicate a launch the Ertgia Facelift in October.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks