Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 11:52   #241
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@swiftdiesel, Congrats on the beauty. How much was it on-road ? No discounts I guess.
Discount
the official waiting period is 8-9 months for the D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Got delivery of my Serene Blue Ertiga ZDi yesterday. Here is a phone cam pic.
congrats swiftdiesel. that's one owners pride, neighbors envy.

Last edited by gkrishn : 15th May 2012 at 11:58.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 12:33   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@swiftdiesel, Congrats on the beauty. How much was it on-road ? No discounts I guess.
Thanks mate! Discount is a word you won't find in MSIL dictionary . The OTR price was 10.12 lac and I had to spend another 30 grand on accessories.
Old 15th May 2012, 13:07   #243
BHPian

Dear gkrishn,

Congrats on your newly acquired Ertiga ZDI.

What was the waiting period for you?When had you booked ZDI nad with which dealer in bangalore?

I had booked ZDI on April 16th and dealer says still 4 months waiting. He is trying to push me to go for LDI, which I dont want.

Am in a dilemma
Old 15th May 2012, 13:45   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Serene Blue Ertiga ZDi yesterday. Here is a phone cam pic.
Congrats SwiftDiesel on your new car. Its neighbors envy, owners pride at least for now

How much time did you wait for this car? What is the official waiting period for VDIi & ZDi in Chennai? My family booked ZDi in Cochin for our sister and we are waiting for it.
Old 15th May 2012, 14:45   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Congrats SwiftDiesel on your new car. Its neighbors envy, owners pride at least for now

How much time did you wait for this car? What is the official waiting period for VDIi & ZDi in Chennai? My family booked ZDi in Cochin for our sister and we are waiting for it.
Thanks! I actually booked my car unofficially before the launch date with my dealer. Also, I gave the dealer the freedom to give me any colour as long as it was ZDi. That enabled the dealer to allot my Ertiga quickly.

A couple of VDis are already in the stock yard with no takers in Chennai. Kapico dealer says he can get me a VDi in a week's time. It's the ZDi that's got a waiting period. If you aren't too particular with the colour you can speed-up the delivery.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 15:42   #246
BHPian

wish they had a model minus the 3 rd row with 16 inch wheels, what is waiting period for petrol / diesel as of now ?
Old 15th May 2012, 15:50   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
wish they had a model minus the 3 rd row with 16 inch wheels, what is waiting period for petrol / diesel as of now ?
Maruti has underestimated the bookings for ZDI. In reality the bookings far exceeded the numbers predicted and hence the delivery committed if booked now, is ~6 months.
Petrol vehicles seem to have a month or so of waiting period!

Cheers!
Old 15th May 2012, 18:48   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel

Thanks mate! Discount is a word you won't find in MSIL dictionary . The OTR price was 10.12 lac and I had to spend another 30 grand on accessories.
What are the accessories you have installed? Do you have the price list of available accessories? Kindly share some pics.

Congratulations!
Old 15th May 2012, 19:03   #249
Senior - BHPian

Congrats swiftdiesel. What were the accessories you acquired. Looking for the detailed first week ownership experience.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:40   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
What are the accessories you have installed? Do you have the price list of available accessories? Kindly share some pics.

Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Congrats swiftdiesel. What were the accessories you acquired. Looking for the detailed first week ownership experience.

Thanks nayaksudhir ans rajeev k!

These are the accessories I fitted:

Rear parking sensor with camera and colour display installed on the RVM like the i20.
Complete water-proof black PVC material flooring to protect the beige carpet.
Door visors with "Ertiga" embossed on them.
"Ertiga" embossed seat covers
Philips 90/100 high intensity headlamps with cutout
External body cover.

Off the top of my head I'm listing out the accessories offered for the Ertiga:

Bluetooth pairing module for the stereo and mobile phone (ZXi/ZDi)
Ertiga graphics decal for the sides (4 different colour schemes offered)
Scuff plates
Seat covers
Metal/faux pas wood detailing on door handles and central console.
PVC flooring
Side skirts, scratch guards, door visors

As for the ownership review I haven't started yet as I'm going to Ooty this weekend. Will pen my review after I put my Ertiga to the test on the hills and the highways. I've just done 100 kms now in the city and I can tell you that the drive is excellent. My previous car was a Swift diesel. Compared to that, the multijet on the Ertiga is so refined that I can hardly hear it! The NVH levels are excellent, kudos to those engineers. The low-end torque is amazing, to the point that I'm able to move off from a standstill in second gear with 4 on board. The first 3 gears are short and the pick-up is linear and not like the "pushed into your seat" kind of pick up that you find in the Swift.

There are two comparisons that I would like to make because the results amazed me!
My family friend has recently bought an XUV500 and I've driven it extensively. After driving the Ertiga down the same road, I found the ride so plush and smooth where as in the XUV I could feel my spinal cord taking the bumps (very much like my old Swift)

Just 2 months back I was at the Toyota showroom to book the Innova. I was sold out on the Innova after the test drive that no other car came close for consideration. My decision to buy the Ertiga came only after I read about it's launch in April. I'm glad I made this decision every time I take the Ertiga out! Anyway, this is what amazed me driving the Ertiga when compared to the Innova. I could find no difference in the way Ertiga drives from 0 to 100 compared to the Innova. In fact during spirited driving, the Innova's engine makes itself audible. With the Ertiga I have to check the tachometer to know that! Again I say, amazing refinement! Don't get me wrong; the Innova is an amazing vehicle to drive but at 16 and odd lacs OTR? I have my apprehensions. For that money you get that extra bit of space. For everything else, the Ertiga provides. I dropped the Innova for two reasons: price and appalling fuel efficiency. More updates after my trip!
swiftdiesel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 11:15   #251
Senior - BHPian

@swiftidiesel, looking forward to your update after the Ooty trip.

BTW, usually the mid-variant V would have maximum demand, followed by low-end L and last the top-end Z variant.
So was surprised to know that it is different for the Ertiga with Z version being in demand, especially for diesel.

Looked up the extras that the Z has over the V in diesel and they are :
Dual airbags, rear wash/wipe, alloys, rear-defogger, height-adjustable driver-seat, 2 tweeters, steering-mounted-controls.

For petrol, the Z also has ABS which V does not have.

And for the 50K extra for ZDi over VDi, this seems to be a fair deal, which must explain why people opt for the Z variant.
Zxi costs 70K over Vxi, but then the extra 20K is for the ABS.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th May 2012 at 11:16.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 12:09   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are two comparisons that I would like to make because the results amazed me!
Thank you Swiftdiesel for the quick update and we are waiting for your detailed initial ownership review after your Ooty trip. Lets see how it manage the ghat section.

I am little bit relaxed after reading your initial report as my Sister wanted to go for Skoda Rapid or any similar sedan but I pushed them for Ertiga.
Old 16th May 2012, 14:53   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
BTW, usually the mid-variant V would have maximum demand, followed by low-end L and last the top-end Z variant.
So was surprised to know that it is different for the Ertiga with Z version being in demand, especially for diesel.
This was also the case when SX4 was launched. Almost 70% bookings were for Zxi. I guess as price points go upwards of 7-8L, customers look for more features especially when it comes to Safety.

Last edited by nurni76 : 16th May 2012 at 14:54.
Old 16th May 2012, 22:32   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nayaksudhir ans rajeev k!

Off the top of my head I'm listing out the accessories offered for the Ertiga:

Bluetooth pairing module for the stereo and mobile phone (ZXi/ZDi)
Ertiga graphics decal for the sides (4 different colour schemes offered)
Scuff plates
Seat covers
Metal/faux pas wood detailing on door handles and central console.
PVC flooring
Side skirts, scratch guards, door visors
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase and getting delivery without much of a wait!! By the way you describe the ride, I'm sure it'll bring many more smiles to you in the future.

The accessories you mentioned in the second list above- Are they available from the dealer, especially the bluetooth module?

The ones that you installed - Were they from the dealer? If you can mention the prices, would greatly appreciate that.
Old 17th May 2012, 08:52   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase and getting delivery without much of a wait!! By the way you describe the ride, I'm sure it'll bring many more smiles to you in the future.

The accessories you mentioned in the second list above- Are they available from the dealer, especially the bluetooth module?

The ones that you installed - Were they from the dealer? If you can mention the prices, would greatly appreciate that.
Thank you so much! The Bluetooth module is an accessory offered by maruti for the Ertiga. All the accessories I fitted are maruti genuine accessories fitted by the dealer. Unfortunately I couldn't get hold of the maruti accessories brochure as they didn't have enough copies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks