Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 14:12   #2671
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Philips Rally will only come in 100/90 configuration (and if I know, 100/130w also) and they are not a direct fit and will need the above relay Kit.

Philips xtreme vision on the other hand are stock replacement bulbs which are direct fit by removing the existing bulbs as they are of the same wattage as stock bulbs (60/55w).

Between the 2, option 1 is my recommendation based on my usage so far. It certainly improves the visibility and throw due to the additional wattage while xtreme vision will only improve this marginally at almost same or little more price only for the bulbs.
Hello Parag,
Using option#1 will have any warranty issues ?
I have mine booked with Jan'16 delivery date, Just wanted to be sure before I change using option#1.
Old 29th December 2015, 14:15   #2672
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post

Hello Parag,
Using option#1 will have any warranty issues ?
I have mine booked with Jan'16 delivery date, Just wanted to be sure before I change using option#1.
It may not have any effect on warranty as the OEM wiring harness is not being tampered with.

In case there is an issue, the modification can be reversed.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:05   #2673
BHPian

I got the Roots Relay and the Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs installed. The visibility has improved a lot. So far, happy with the set up. Need to see how much it heats up during long night journeys.

Parag, your inputs ?

Regards
Suhas
Old 30th December 2015, 18:29   #2674
BHPian

Re: Installed Rouf Rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Thanks rajesh2812 and parassoni for introducing Rouf rail in other Ertiga threads.
<snipped>
Initial ownership experience: Excellent accessory for improving luggage carrying capacity without spoiling the car's looks. Common man may not recognize this as an additional item on the car, as the exterior is of body colour itself.
Query to those who have a Rouf Rail or similar rack on your rides:
- Do you have trouble cleaning the body section under the rack? How do you manage this?

I am on the lookout for a carrier rack for my ertiga. Am in two minds on whether to go for a regular one or one like the rouf-rails.
A traditional rack is more economical, perhaps easier to dis-assemble, so that I can fix it when needed. However, it comes at a cost to aesthetics.
The rouf-rails type systems ( @14k in JC Rd ), is more pleasing to the eye & doesn't appear to be as easy to fix as the other and could also have difficulty in cleaning...
Appreciate inputs from the owners.

thanks
~haque
Old 30th December 2015, 18:42   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
- Do you have trouble cleaning the body section under the rack? How do you manage this?

I am on the lookout for a carrier rack for my ertiga. Am in two minds on whether to go for a regular one or one like the rouf-rails.
A traditional rack is more economical, perhaps easier to dis-assemble, so that I can fix it when needed. However, it comes at a cost to aesthetics.
The rouf-rails type systems ( @14k in JC Rd ), is more pleasing to the eye & doesn't appear to be as easy to fix as the other and could also have difficulty in cleaning...

thanks
~haque
i had a traditional one installed on my ertiga and its a pain to clean below the roof rack. I removed them last weekend . Some of the corners got rusted after few months of usage and it was posing a serious health risk if I accidently bruise my hand.
arjithin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 08:38   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
I got the Roots Relay and the Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs installed. The visibility has improved a lot. So far, happy with the set up. Need to see how much it heats up during long night journeys.

Parag, your inputs ?

Regards
Suhas
I was not getting good visibility of the road right in front even with higher wattage bulbs when blinded by the oncoming 100/130's; hence got a pair of Aux lights. Details are available here
Old 1st January 2016, 14:36   #2677
BHPian

Got these dents somehow. Had a talk with Mr Sudhir Gaikwad as mentioned by other brothers in the forum. According to him the dents are small and cant be done by him.
Parag et all need your advice in solving the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img2952.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img2953.jpg  

Old 1st January 2016, 20:52   #2678
BHPian

Yes, Cleaning the roof will be difficult, but possible. Considering the aesthetics and more importantly the aerodynamics, its worth an investment.

Quote:

~haque
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:17   #2679
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnp View Post
I booked for ZDI+ grey color five days ago. I didn't have any preference as far as registration year was concerned since I will be keeping this car for long time. So dealer said if they get 2015 stock I will get the car before mid Jan else 2016 model in mid Feb. Yesterday I got a call from them saying if I go for ZDI I would get it immediately. I told them I'm specific about ZDI+.

So if you book an Ertiga now, it's most likely that you will get 2016 model.

As far as offer goes, there is none. There's an exchange bonus of 20k right now but subject to change. Only price I manged to fix by booking was value of my Alto to 3 lakhs. Price of the Ertiga and exchange bonus will be applied at the time of delivery.
Called up sales person to ask if there is a price hike and if there is any difference in exchange bonus. He said exchange bonus remains at 20k & instead of price hike, there's a discount of 10k this month

Expected delivery in 3rd or 4th week of this month
Old 2nd January 2016, 16:34   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Called up sales person to ask if there is a price hike and if there is any difference in exchange bonus. He said exchange bonus remains at 20k & instead of price hike, there's a discount of 10k this month

Expected delivery in 3rd or 4th week of this month

Aren't you getting the hybrid discount of Rs 13000
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:19   #2681
BHPian

I am looking for petrox Ertige, VX(Auto)/Zxi(MT) here in Hyderabad. The only discount the dealer is offering in Rs 10,000, and Rs 2000 worth of accessories(mainly side beading, bumper beading,mud flaps,God idol, perfume).

What else can I bargain for? What are the essential items that I will need? I had an old Maruti 800 earlier. So this is my first purchase and would appreciate help.
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:45   #2682
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Aren't you getting the hybrid discount of Rs 13000
Isn't it already included in on-road price? I thought it was. My on road price is 11.65L (Bangalore) and now I will get 10k discount on it now. People who already got the delivery can confirm this I guess.
Old 3rd January 2016, 06:54   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Will do the initial review soon. Am about to go on a long drive now. So will give a wholesome review! I test drove the ciaz automatic which has the same engine and transmission. There is no test drive ertiga automatic in any Maruti showroom in bangalore :(
Niranjan, am curious to hear your impressions on the AT, as I haven't read any other AT review on TBHP. Also, with your long drive, would definitely love to hear your experience with Ertige AT. I am still debating between VXi AT and ZXi+.
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:52   #2684
BHPian

Quote:

thanks
~haque
I have a rouf rails- very easy to install if you can understand the sketchy instructions- took me about 5 minutes.
Have never tried cleaning under the rail- my cleaner does it and i dont check!
In my opinion- the rouf rails do not spoil, infact actually enhance, the aesthetics of the car. However luggage placed there is perhaps not as secure- so i always keep a rope coil in my boot to strap down the luggage.
Hope that helps.
rudraksh2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:04   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't it already included in on-road price? I thought it was. My on road price is 11.65L (Bangalore) and now I will get 10k discount on it now. People who already got the delivery can confirm this I guess.
No its over and above the on road price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks