Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:14   #2971
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Maruti Ertiga has been launched in India at a price of between 5.89 - 8.45 Lakhs (ex-Delhi).
When is new Ertiga expected? Asking this as most of Maruti vehicles have a 5-6 year cycle and Ertiga will soon be 5 year old. And few people in family are planning for a vehicle, Ertiga being one of the contenders.
Old 8th February 2017, 12:27   #2972
BHPian

Hey People,

Pardon my ignorance, mostly the Ertigas I have seen on the road are either VXi or VDi. I have hardly seen the Z variants on the road. Why is it that people prefer the VX or VD variants over the Z ?
Old 9th February 2017, 08:09   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hey People,

Pardon my ignorance, mostly the Ertigas I have seen on the road are either VXi or VDi. I have hardly seen the Z variants on the road. Why is it that people prefer the VX or VD variants over the Z ?
Thats a very subjective statement and lot of parameters like location, time period etc are not mentioned. But you come to Bangalore, you can see a lot of Z variants.

V variant is typically Maruti's best seller across models, and for Ertiga it has the best value for money proposition.
Old 15th February 2017, 18:22   #2974
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Limited Edition launched at Rs. 7.85 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has launched a Limited Edition of the Ertiga. The MPV gets some tweaks to its exteriors as well as interiors, while remaining mechanically unchanged. Maruti claims to have sold over 3 lakh units of the Ertiga in India since its debut in 2012.

The Ertiga Limited Edition will be available only in the VXi and VDi trim levels and will be offered with three colour options - Silky Silver, Superior White and a new Exquisite Maroon. Other updates include addition of alloys wheels, chrome bezels for the fog lamps and chrome body side moulding.

On the inside, the Limited Edition gets an all-black cabin and a new wooden styling kit that adds faux wood inserts on the dashboard and door pads. It also comes with a front armrest, seat covers, dual tone steering cover, cushion pillows and white ambient lighting.

No mechanical changes have been made to the Ertiga Limited Edition. It continues to be powered by the same 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines as the standard model. The diesel version gets Maruti's SHVS mild hybrid technology.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)
• Ertiga Limited Edition VXi - Rs. 7.85 lakh
• Ertiga Limited Edition VDi - Rs. 8.10 lakh

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-capture.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-capture1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 15th February 2017 at 18:24.
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 18:34   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Limited Edition launched at Rs. 7.85 lakh

On the inside, the Limited Edition gets an all-black cabin
Wow

If I was in the market for a 7 seater, I would have definitely picked the VDi in Silver.

I would have also spent some moolah on Black Top, Better rubber, Hella Black Magic Fog lamps and Lenso/Momo alloys in Machined/Matt Black
Old 16th February 2017, 09:06   #2976
BHPian

That faux wooden inserts in the all black cabin look hideous IMO. Does not quite gel with the cabin, at least on picture.
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:46   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On the inside, the Limited Edition gets an all-black cabin It also comes with a front armrest, seat covers, dual tone steering cover, cushion pillows and white ambient lighting.
This would look much premium/upmarket in my opinion; especially with the new red color color.

Wish this option was there few years back !!
Old 16th February 2017, 10:03   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Very nice! Its extremely practical and a very sensible buy for that money.

And now without those garish interiors. All we need to do is to make those faux wood inserts gloss black.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:37   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the inside, the Limited Edition gets an all-black cabin and a new wooden styling kit that adds faux wood inserts on the dashboard and door pads. It also comes with a front armrest, seat covers, dual tone steering cover, cushion pillows and white ambient lighting.
• Ertiga Limited Edition VDi - Rs. 8.10 lakh
All black interiors and front arm rest combined with the already available safety pack makes Vdi a very good buy this side of a million rupees.

Maintaining the beige interiors was a nightmare. I travel for around a 1,000 km in an Ertiga Zdi once every six months. Especially during the monsoons, the interiors used to get dirty a lot. The owner, a senior colleague of mine, had a hard time keeping them spic and span.

In spite of the faux wood inserts (the proverbial fly in the ointment), the addition of a new colour and significant changes in the interiors will certainly find some takers. I believe this is one limited edition variant that is destined to be successful.
Old 16th February 2017, 23:39   #2980
BHPian

Enquired with the dealer at Mangalore about the limited edition, no stock received yet.

Looks like a VFM proposition to me. Did anyone see it in flesh and blood.
Old 17th February 2017, 08:23   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Have seen the white and maroon cars . Looks good. I prefer the maroon for its unique colour. Interior is nicely done. Front armrest is good to have.

Our dealership currently has only a single maroon left in stock, the white ones were sold out immediately. This limited edition is total VFM.
Old 18th February 2017, 01:20   #2982
BHPian

For Team BHPians who are interested in this limited edition : Received this in a whatsapp message from a Maruti sales executive. It highlights the accessories package offerred from dealer side.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img20170217wa0013.jpg

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 18th February 2017 at 01:25.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 15:42   #2983
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Why are they restricting this to v trims? The yellowish beige is the biggest put-off in an otherwise good vehicle.
Old 18th February 2017, 15:52   #2984
BHPian

Based on feedback on the Limited Edition, Maruti will make changes to the major facelift which is due maybe next year.

Black interior looks Premium and easy to maintain, whereas the previous biege interior although prone to getting dirty makes the ertiga look spacious.
Old 18th February 2017, 16:01   #2985
Team-BHP Support

The garish wooden trim is a dealer-level option, so should be possible to opt-out of?

The rest is a good VFM package. Plonk in an ACC unit for a slight premium and this car would be a lovely mini-MUV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks