Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 06:26   #3016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
The 3rd row in ertiga: is it accessible only through the left rear door?Or through the right rear door as well?
One can get in from either side
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:13   #3017
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Just came from a trip to Mantralayam from Bangalore. It is around 850km total. Ertiga gave 18kmpl as per MID with 100% AC. There were 2 adults and one kid in the car. Just love this car

Mine is petrol vxi 2016 model. Are there other bhpians with petrol ertiga with such a performance? I had raised this point a while ago since it is difficult to believe this milage for a car of this size.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:42   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Just came from a trip to Mantralayam from Bangalore. It is around 850km total. Ertiga gave 18kmpl as per MID with 100% AC. There were 2 adults and one kid in the car. Just love this car

Mine is petrol vxi 2016 model. Are there other bhpians with petrol ertiga with such a performance? I had raised this point a while ago since it is difficult to believe this milage for a car of this size.
Did you check the tank full to tank full method ? I have not got more than 16 KMPL from my ZXI. On long trips, I normally will have 5 adults and 2-3 kids with luggage.

Regards
Suhas
Old 9th April 2017, 17:33   #3019
BHPian

Sorry if I have missed it before, Has any one taken their Ertiga to Ladakh region?
Old 12th April 2017, 09:20   #3020
BHPian

Had been waiting a long time to switch my car, however nothing really clicked in my mind. With the car customer spoilt for a number of features and brands, it's one of the most difficult things to do.

Whenever I liked a particular car, I always ended up with mixed feelings and never could lock in and make the buy.

Initially, I zeroed in on an xuv 500, felt it was impractical for my daily commute to congested areas within Bangalore.

Then I felt the duster would be apt, with Renault offering a jump seat to make it an occasional 6 seater, however with growing children and my aged parents didn't really like the make shift seating arrangement.

As Time passed the newer entrants like the Ecosport, Quanto, Tuv, S cross, mobilio, etc. didn't manage to steal my heart, though they did grab my attention.

I liked the ertiga, however looking at the full beige interiors it was an outright No for me understanding the fact that I would never be able to keep it clean.

Then came the BRV and it did grab my attention and my heart. The all black plush interiors, the higher ground clearance, the better stance than it's older sibling the mobilio, the tumble seats for easy ingress and egress, it's smooth engine, etc. Everything seemed right except for the odd body lines that Honda has taken a liking too and the higher price the brand carries.

We test drove the BRV and liked everything about it, we also compared the features and the space with it's closest rival the ertiga. Wanted to do a comparison to convince myself that I am making the correct choice, just then came the Ertiga limited edition with an all black plush interiors.

Again it was a head versus heart decision that I had to make. I looked very closely at the following to zero in on my final choice.

The space - Ertiga scored better than the BRV except in boot space
Seating comfort in all 3 rows - The ertiga scored better than the BRV
Ingress & Egress - As I will need to drive my older parents around too and my kids I was particular that they are able to get in and out comfortably. With tumble seats BRV scored better here
After sales service & spares - Ertiga wins hands down
Price - Ertiga wins hands down
Driving position - BRV scored higher
Overall comfort & fit/finish - BRV wins
Overall practicality - Ertiga wins

So Ertiga it was.

Then I had another difficult decision on the choice of color. I loved the Pearl blue (dark blue) of the ertiga and with the limited edition being limited to just 3 colors it made zeroing in difficult.

Visited the dealership, they had a silky silver limited edition Vxi ready and if I wanted the exquisite maroon they had the limited edition Vdi in stock and if I wanted the Pearl blue or the exquisite maroon Vxi the waiting period was 25 days.

I again scratched my head between diesel and petrol and the color choices and based on all my readings on team BHP over the past several years, I decided to go for a vehicle ready in stock with the dealer and finalized on the petrol over diesel and then things just happened.

Requested the dealer not to fit any accessories at dealer level for my limited edition shortlisted, namely:
Wooden panels - looks tacky
Ambient light - Didn't like the white color of it
Seat/steering covers - Color doesn't go well with the silky silver, goes best with the exquisite maroon
Cushions - No use
Side door beading - Breaks the straight lines and looks of the ertiga

Only asked them to fit the front seat arm rest, after which I went ahead with the purchase on 13th March.

After taking the delivery on 19th March, went ahead and fitted black leatherette seat covers and MGA floor mats.

Having driven around for 2 weeks now, I am satisfied with everything, except the fact that I am finding it difficult to find the exact height of the steering and seat for a comfortable driving position. May be the seat height adjuster on the zxi would have solved this concern.

However, I can never deny that the ertiga is a great vehicle and scores very highly when it comes to being practical as it's the best your money can buy in this segment. Cheers to Maruti & all you fellow Bhpians
yikes6633 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 11:49   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
However, I can never deny that the ertiga is a great vehicle and scores very highly when it comes to being practical as it's the best your money can buy in this segment. Cheers to Maruti & all you fellow Bhpians
Great choice of car yikes6633. Congratulations on your purchase . When it comes to family and especially elderly travelers; nothing can beat the Ertiga with its ingress/egress, seating and leg space offered in the middle row.

I own a ZDI+ and travelled from Mumbai to Pune fully loaded with a dog too last weekend . I thought that the 1.3L diesel is going to take a toll on itself but was surprised to observe that the vehicle kept pulling effortlessly and the fuel economy as shown on the dial dropped only by 0.1 Kmpl from 18.5 Kmpl.

I am very happy and satisfied with the Ertiga overall. Beige for me is the only turn-off.

I have recently ordered Speedwav magnetic curtains for the car at Rs 1100/- for entire set as Ertiga has large windows and a must accessory for this hot season. I am awaiting delivery. Will fit it and share pictures and review about it soon.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 11:57   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
The 3rd row in ertiga: is it accessible only through the left rear door?Or through the right rear door as well?
Both - Left and Right.
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:14   #3023
BHPian

Hi, Ertiga petrol was launched with an AMT option some time back. Is this option still available. I read somewhere that the AMT option in Ertiga is discontinued. Can anyone confirm the availability. Also, can anyone owning model, kindly provide some inputs on the power and driveability on inclines and in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:45   #3024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
Hi, Ertiga petrol was launched with an AMT option some time back. Is this option still available. I read somewhere that the AMT option in Ertiga is discontinued. Can anyone confirm the availability. Also, can anyone owning model, kindly provide some inputs on the power and driveability on inclines and in bumper to bumper traffic.
Its not AMT, but proper 4 speed automatic that was/is offered with Ertiga vxi. I am not sure about the current availability, you can check with a dealer to get most recent information. (Also validate that information with another dealership)

There was an initial ownership review of an Ertiga petrol automatic in team bhp, please search for it.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:59   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the availability. Also, can anyone owning model, kindly provide some inputs on the power and driveability on inclines and in bumper to bumper traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Its not AMT, but proper 4 speed automatic that was/is offered with Ertiga vxi. I am not sure about the current availability, you can check with a dealer to get most recent information. (Also validate that information with another dealership)
Car is definitely available for sale, just that the waiting period will be slightly more than MT models. The same engine and gearbox combo does the job in Ciaz. It's driveable in city and the creep function helps in bumper to bumper traffic. It's no rocket, but even I was once surprised by its driveability under full load.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:18   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga AT is available for sale. My friend here at Bangalore took delivery last week. He had a waiting period of 3 months since he wanted the Serene Blue color. While booking the dealer had a ready stock of AT in Granite Grey.

But many dealers mislead customers saying that Ertiga AT is no more available. Even here at Bangalore, one of the dealers denied AT availability and at some places the sales man is not even aware of an AT version .

From the dealer we understand that Ertiga AT generally has a waiting period of 1-3 months based on the color. The Dealer kept updating my friend on the delivery timelines as and when they received information, like his vehicle was getting delayed from the initial promised time since Maruti had made a production plan for the special edition for 15 days which delayed manufacturing of AT. And please note the AT is available in VXi trim only.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:57   #3027
BHPian

The Limited edition 2017 is no longer available unless a dealer has it in stock. I thank my lucky stars to be a proud owner of the limited edition.

Request you to please let me know any necessary upgrades and any necessary accessories that I should load my ertiga with.

Also, is it okay to take it for a road trip of about 800kms during the running in period. If yes, what must I watch out for?

Over the last 2 weeks I have clocked about 200+ kms only.

Another point I request clarity on is that I received a call from maruti to get my first service, which is due on 19th April, done and offered me the choice of doing the first free service at my door step instead of me taking it to the service center. Please do let me know if it's wiser to leave it at the service center or get it serviced at my door step.

Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:14   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Another point I request clarity on is that I received a call from maruti to get my first service, which is due on 19th April, done and offered me the choice of doing the first free service at my door step instead of me taking it to the service center. Please do let me know if it's wiser to leave it at the service center or get it serviced at my door step.

Thanks
I got the first service done at home. It's free with zero amount bill as there's nothing major to be done.

If you have any issues with the car then you might as well visit the ASC else at home is good enough. You'll save on time (2 hours at ASC) and fuel.

Please note they will use your water line to wash the car.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 12th April 2017, 21:20   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, is it okay to take it for a road trip of about 800kms during the running in period. If yes, what must I watch out for?
There is a dedicated running in thread if you need detailed information. But in summary, nothing wrong in taking a car for long drives during running in. Follow what is mentioned in your owners manual, be gentle on engine. Avoid holding the car at same speed for long.
Old 13th April 2017, 11:30   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post

I have recently ordered Speedwav magnetic curtains for the car at Rs 1100/- for entire set as Ertiga has large windows and a must accessory for this hot season. I am awaiting delivery. Will fit it and share pictures and review about it soon.

Cheers,
Amey

Hi Amey, from where have you ordered the curtains. Pls provide the details.

Regards
Suhas

Last edited by bblost : 13th April 2017 at 12:13. Reason: fixed quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks