Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 16:33   #3196
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Folks, how is the performance of ertiga vxi AT powered by the K14B engine interms of fuel efficiency, low end driveability, mid range?

Also has Maruti improved the fit and finish? Having owned a Ritz in 2012, that car was plaqued with trim rattling.
I do not have AT but a vxi MT. I bought it last November and the performance is nothing other than excellent. I am able to get ~19KMPL on highways with 2 people on board and moderate luggage (light foot driving ~80KMPH) which dropped to ~16.5KMPL with all 7 people and ample of luggage. In both cases the AC was always on. The drives were well above 1000KMs. City drive is 13-14KMPL with AC, nice and light steering wheel.
AT might be a bit less in mileage as per the definition, but the quality of drive, suspension and pickup are excellent. The current Odo shows 12.8K over 1 year.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 10th November 2017 at 16:39.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 12:18   #3197
BHPian

I do not have an AT but have been driving a ZXI for close to three years from now on. The performance of the vehicle has been very good. You need to understand the rev bands if you want to extract performance from the K14 series of engines. Mid range is not really for an enthusiast but at the same time this is a very rev happy petrol and will easily cruise at high speeds on the highway . The reason why i say that the mid range is not exactly for an enthusiast is due to the fact that you don't really experience a torque rush as in the MJD and other diesels.

Low end driveability is excellent as most of the torque is available at low end and though the gearing is a bit short it helps in keeping the vehicle sprightly in traffic. Regarding fuel efficiency mine is the K14 which is rated at 94 bhp and 16.02 kmpl (ARAI) . I easily get an avg of 15 (mixed use). The K14B is slightly more fuel efficient . Also the petrol block is a highly refined unit and there is literally no engine drone till 3000rpm and even after that it's very pleasing.

Regarding the interiors, I have not had any rattling whatsoever from the dashboard and other compenents in my 47000+ kms of ownership. The only concern sometimes are the seat rattles, unfortunately MASS doesn't seem to have a solution to that. The Ertiga is a heavy car(by Maruti standards), so its not really flimsy and at 1160 kg Kerb weight (Petrol) its decently if not well built like an S Cross.

All in all i think its a Value for Money proposition and offers something which many cars at a higher price bracket fail to offer.

Last edited by Shwet : 13th November 2017 at 12:19.
Shwet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:46   #3198
BHPian

Hello Members,

In my 4 year old ZXI, from the last 2 days, the AC seems to be underperforming. I used to drive with the fan setting at 1, which was good enough. Now, I need to set the fan to 2. Anybody aware of what could be the issue?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Regards
Suhas
Old 28th November 2017, 15:56   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Hello Members,

In my 4 year old ZXI, from the last 2 days, the AC seems to be underperforming. I used to drive with the fan setting at 1, which was good enough. Now, I need to set the fan to 2. Anybody aware of what could be the issue?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Regards
Suhas
The most likely cause could just be the AC blower (fan blades in the blower) being dusty. This typically happens if an AC Cabin Filter is not installed, the AC Cabin Filter being clogged over time, or due to dust settling on the fins of the fan over time.

Cleanup of the AC Blower assembly is a simple task if the blower is accessible and can be removed for cleaning. I know that the Swift and DZire blowers are accessible and can be easily removed for any maintenance activities. Could be true for the Ertiga too but I am not sure of it.
Old 30th November 2017, 16:59   #3200
BHPian

Hi guys. I need some advise. Of lately, my 4 year old and 70k run Ertiga VDI's ride has become too bouncy and the road adulterations can be felt into the cabin for the front and rear seat passengers. The car is not taking even the minor road unevenness, bumps or potholes in a stable manner and literally feels like a camel ride on them. I ride alone daily for around 7 to 8 kms through and fro and the link road is not in the best condition due to the ongoing Metro work. During my 70k service a week back, the Vitesse SA advised that the front suspension seems to have worn out and the complete suspension overhaul would cost around 20k. Just last night, I heard a thud from my rear suspension when entering my building trough a little road unevenness. I am sure there is an issue with the suspensions but am a little skeptical about MASS as I feel they promote replacing quickly rather than repairing and I like to explore the possibility of repair before replace. Can someone please point out to me to a FNG who expertise in suspension related works and would provide me genuine advice and support in detecting and resolving the issue?

Last edited by T.S. : 30th November 2017 at 17:02. Reason: Added an observation that i missed in the origianl post
Old 30th November 2017, 17:13   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Just last night, I heard a thud from my rear suspension when entering my building trough a little road unevenness.
Please get only the suspension bushes changed at an FNG to see if there is a considerable improvement in the ride quality. If this does not resolve the issue, then the shock absorbers/struts may need to be replaced. Other causes for poor ride quality are tyre pressure, age and condition of the tyres.

Unfortunately, I am not from Mumbai, so cannot guide you to an FNG, but to my knowledge changing the bushes is a routine job for most FNG's.
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:43   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I do not have AT but a vxi MT. I bought it last November and the performance is nothing other than excellent.

AT might be a bit less in mileage as per the definition, but the quality of drive, suspension and pickup are excellent. The current Odo shows 12.8K over 1 year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Regarding the interiors, I have not had any rattling whatsoever from the dashboard and other compenents in my 47000+ kms of ownership.
Rajiv and Shwet, once again thank you for your inputs. I had an opportunity to travel a short distance in my friends Ertiga ZXI+ as a passenger. Occupied the middle row as well as the last row during the travel.

I could feel a low booming sound in the cabin of the road noise. Can you good folks please confirm whether you have encountered such a noise? The AC was on and all windows were rolled up.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 3rd December 2017, 14:22   #3203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could feel a low booming sound in the cabin of the road noise. Can you good folks please confirm whether you have encountered such a noise? The AC was on and all windows were rolled up.
Not sure about your observations. The tyres offered to me are JK and they are not at all great. Could you check if the tyres for that ertiga were in good condition? My ertiga has hardly run 13K by now so things are quite quiet. I feel this as one of the possibilities. Experts please chime in.
Paragbhai?
Old 4th December 2017, 14:52   #3204
BHPian

That sound could be coming from the tyres , the NVH levels are pretty decent in the Ertiga to be honest and I have never really experienced an Odd sound as such. There was a slight problem in the 2012-13 batch ertigas regarding a sound coming from the drivers side window at high speeds , that problem was rectified in the subsequent batches.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 15:13   #3205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was this on rough roads without potholes? Road surface basically not entirely broken but is rough? If so, this sound is mostly originating from the stock tires and being passed inside the cabin through the not very well insulated wheel wells and rear boot door.

If you can, keeping in mind all the necessary safety aspects and the fact that brakes won't function while you do this, slot in neutral and check for the nose and as well check this with the engine briefly turned off?

I first suspect the tires, then the wheel bearings (too early for it to go kaput) and then the drive shaft bearing.

Quote:
Not sure about your observations. The tyres offered to me are JK and they are not at all great. Could you check if the tyres for that ertiga were in good condition? My ertiga has hardly run 13K by now so things are quite quiet. I feel this as one of the possibilities. Experts please chime in. Paragbhai?
As you said, It could be the tires. Anything mechanical is a rare possibility if the car has run less than 50K unless there is a serious problem with a faulty part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
There was a slight problem in the 2012-13 batch ertigas regarding a sound coming from the drivers side window at high speeds , that problem was rectified in the subsequent batches.
This was from the quarter panel glass beading and the fix was to remove the door pad and twist the angle such that it blocked the wind. Later models as you said started coming with this fix itself.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 03:32   #3206
BHPian

Hello everyone, I needed some advice on procuring an accessory for my Ertiga. As you are aware the ertiga has engine badging (VVT/DDIS) on both the side panels at the front.

About 2 months ago I noticed that the VVT badging on one of the sides is missing, and what is even more shocking is that there were no marks of anyone having pulled it out or the badge having fallen off since the paint was completely intact. I thus have my doubts about whether it had been removed at the Maruti workshop itself.

Nevertheless, I have since been looking around to order these badges online as I do not know where to find them in the market. But I have been unable to make any progress as these badges are not available anywhere online.

Can anyone please provide suggestions about where I can order these online, or any locations in Mumbai where I can find these???

Thanks and Regards,
Yash
Old 13th December 2017, 11:59   #3207
Senior - BHPian

I went on a 850KM trip in my petrol ertiga vxi and got 17.5 KMPL average with AC on all the times and major driving on highways+village roads (post Bangalore airport on NH-7). This time I tried to keep 100KMPH speed wherever possible with 4 adults and one kid on board. Luggage was moderate. Surely one will get 18KMPL+ average if tried to go at 80-90KMPH. But that does not make sense specifically on NH-7 where they have kept speed limit of 100 KMPH at places.

I have one question on the floor mats. I have put some 3-D mats from Amazon (Kingsway or something, not sure ) on top of the usual rubber mats provided by the dealer. But the area below center row has elevated part where there is no real mat causing it to get soiled badly. Again the interiors are beige and any dirt is visible immediately.

Does anybody have any solution for that area under middle seats? The dealer has given small pieces of rubber mats and had put there with Velcro tapes. They are not staying there anymore and of course with more feet movement the velcro has come out. Those small rubber mats are not covering significant area under the seats anyways, kind of useless solution from dealer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 13th December 2017, 13:07   #3208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does anybody have any solution for that area under middle seats? The dealer has given small pieces of rubber mats and had put there with Velcro tapes. They are not staying there anymore and of course with more feet movement the velcro has come out. Those small rubber mats are not covering significant area under the seats anyways, kind of useless solution from dealer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Since you already spent on 3 D mats, get a small noodle mat piece with matching color and put it in the gap. You can use a newspaper to make a cutout first and then buy a noodle mat according to the cutout.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:27   #3209

Hi everyone.
I am from Chandigarh and have zeroed upon Ertiga Vxi for my new set of wheels. The Autopace dealer chandigarh has quoted me the following cost :

1.Ex showroom cost : Rs 768395
2. Zero Dep insurance with Engine protection and RTI( return to invoice) 27000
3.accessories kit Rs 13500
4. 3rd and 4th year extended warranty Rs 10074
5 membership card 500 rs
6. Temporary number plate 200 Rs

I would like to know if I can negotiate on these things and are these things in insurance like RTI and Engine protection really needed.

Also the only discount they are offering are Rs 2000 corporate discount and Rs 3000 some other discount, that is a total 5000 discount.
This was a shocker because I hoped to get some good December discounts.
Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 15:31   #3210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
Hi everyone.
I am from Chandigarh and have zeroed upon Ertiga Vxi for my new set of wheels. The Autopace dealer chandigarh has quoted me the following cost :

1.Ex showroom cost : Rs 768395
2. Zero Dep insurance with Engine protection and RTI( return to invoice) 27000
3.accessories kit Rs 13500
4. 3rd and 4th year extended warranty Rs 10074
5 membership card 500 rs
6. Temporary number plate 200 Rs

I would like to know if I can negotiate on these things and are these things in insurance like RTI and Engine protection really needed.

Also the only discount they are offering are Rs 2000 corporate discount and Rs 3000 some other discount, that is a total 5000 discount.
This was a shocker because I hoped to get some good December discounts.
Thanks
See if you can get 5th year extended warranty as well (~Rs. 5500). I got it recently since it was not available when I bought my VXI last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks