Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 01:19   #3241
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Could anyone please post the front wiper blade size for Ertiga.
I am planning to swap them with Bosch Aerotwins if the size is available.
Old 17th April 2018, 03:54   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
This chart is exactly what I needed. Meeting with the sales person for a test drive tomorrow. Will see how low they are willing to go with the new model just around the corner.
I have a friend who uses his Ertiga for business during day time and for personal use other times. He has a diesel and is happy about the car.
Old 17th April 2018, 07:31   #3243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Could anyone please post the front wiper blade size for Ertiga.
I am planning to swap them with Bosch Aerotwins if the size is available.
Drivers side: 21"
Passengers side: 14"
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 08:59   #3244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering if a few owners could give their real world figures for both the petrol and diesel in city usage. I've been told numbers ranging from 12-15 for petrol and 15-18 for diesel. Both seem a little high considering my usage. The price difference between the two models after all discounts is a little over 2.5lakh.
Using Petrol Ertiga since November 2016. True numbers in my observation are
Highway: 17-19 (Usually 3/4 people onboard, 100% AC)
City: 13-15 (Usually 2/3 people onboard, 70% AC)

With extremely careful driving I have seen the mileage crossed 20KMPL but that is like ideal world with speed strictly at 80KMPH and RPM at 2000. This is impossible to maintain all the time with very very light foot on accelerator.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 17:50   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of getting an Ertiga for my business. The vehicle would have heavy usage, 150kms per day with 80% being city driving, with 5-6 people sitting in it and the AC on full time. The base model Lxi/Ldi would be enough.

I was wondering if a few owners could give their real world figures for both the petrol and diesel in city usage. I've been told numbers ranging from 12-15 for petrol and 15-18 for diesel. Both seem a little high considering my usage. The price difference between the two models after all discounts is a little over 2.5lakh.

My key requirements are space and mileage. The space is not an issue in the Eritga but the mileage is unclear. Do you think the Ertiga makes sense?

Thanks in advance.
If you have 5-6 large fell fed adults in my opinion Ertiga will feel cramped. If you are looking for a vehicle for business i would recommend xylo D4/D2. The engine is very tractable and fuel efficent. Can take 6 large adults with ease. And will be more abuse friendly being a ladder on frame.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 18:09   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
If you have 5-6 large fell fed adults in my opinion Ertiga will feel cramped. If you are looking for a vehicle for business i would recommend xylo D4/D2. The engine is very tractable and fuel efficent. Can take 6 large adults with ease. And will be more abuse friendly being a ladder on frame.
Unfortunately Mahindra service is not something I want to deal with again after a couple tough years with my Thar. All "adults" are half fledged. Not very tall or large.
Old 23rd April 2018, 01:32   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks for the info mate.
Do you know the Bosch Aerotwin part numbers if you have purchased it already?
Old 23rd April 2018, 02:12   #3248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Do you know the Bosch Aerotwin part numbers if you have purchased it already?
I haven't purchased these wipers for the Ertiga.

It was always OEM (Syndicate) wipers for the car.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 14:27   #3249
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has relaunched the special edition of Ertiga. It is same as last year, and most probably a 'clearance' edition to make way for new Ertiga.

The limited edition is not launched in Automatic version :( It is based on VXI/VDI.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 17:28   #3250
Senior - BHPian

2018 Maruti Ertiga Limited Edition launched at Rs. 7.80 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has relaunched the Ertiga Limited Edition in 2018. It is available in both petrol and diesel variants and is priced at Rs. 7.80 lakh and Rs. 9.71 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-new-ertiga-le1.jpg

Similar to the last year's model, the 2018 Ertiga Limited Edition is based on the V trim and comes with various cosmetic updates. In addition to Exquisite Maroon and Superior White, Maruti is now offering it in Silky Silver exterior colour option. The MPV gets new design alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, chrome trim around the fog lamp bezel and side mouldings and 'Limited Edition' badges. It gets all-black interiors with faux wood trim around the centre console and door panels. Additionally, it comes with maroon seat covers with white highlights and dual-tone steering cover.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-02featurecrousalbanners3.jpg

The Ertiga Limited Edition is mechanically identical to the standard model. It is offered with the same 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine which makes 91 BHP@ 6,000 rpm and 130 Nm @ 4,000 rpm, while the 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel makes 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. Both engines come paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-03featurecrousalbanners3.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-01featurecrousalbanners3.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:38   #3251
Senior - BHPian

I think with all the car prices going northward, Ertiga is an amazing value for money product considering the utility it offers!!
Old 14th May 2018, 16:11   #3252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I think with all the car prices going northward, Ertiga is an amazing value for money product considering the utility it offers!!
Well not really, even the prices of Ertiga have gone northward by about 1-2L version to version. The ZXI petrol version now costs more than what the Zdi would have costed 4 years back, that too without any considerable additions.
Old 14th May 2018, 16:22   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
2018 Maruti Ertiga Limited Edition launched at Rs. 7.80 lakh...................
Looks like a quick hack by Maruti to boost Ertiga sales. As many people i guess would wait out for the new Ertiga which should be here in a few months.
Old 7th June 2018, 09:22   #3254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Swapped the worn out OEM wiper blades with Bosch Eco ones. Initial impression is really good

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21MJH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_PMkgBbNEJGDYN

I am really missing the rear wipe and wash functionality during rains in my VDI.
Have anyone retrofitted rear wipe/wash/defogger either in the stock VDI hatch door or swapped ZDI/ZXI hatch with electricals?
Or is there any aftermarket solution?
Atleast rear defogger or rear wiper alone would be better than nothing.
Old 30th June 2018, 00:11   #3255
BHPian

Hey everyone, I own an Ertiga Zdi+ with SHVS, for the past two days I am facing an issue with the Smart Hybrid system, the car doesn't turn off when it's in neutral. The SHVS logo does come up in the instrument cluster when the car is being driven (which does mean that the battery is charging). The car was driven for around 150km in this period of two days, so the battery should have got charged during this time. I have also checked the boot, hood and doors if any of them were not closed properly, but didn't find anything wrong with it. The seatbelt was also locked properly during the drive.
Rest everything is working fine, as it should be.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something here and if possible shed some light over the issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks