Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 09:45   #346
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Found this in Facebook. Is there a version with chrome insert on the grill like this in India?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-165823_336681959736510_1418836454_n.jpg  

Old 21st June 2012, 09:49   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Sriram, Wow.. thats a fantastic bullet review.... increasing the confidence of many fence sitters like me. I am just curious to know if the same kind of behaviour can be expected from Petrol engine as well. I am inclining towards petrol because my monthly runs are well below 600 kms with rare highway runs. Budget will also be limited.
Thanks Venki. bala.

I guess for those of you with low runs every month, the petrol one will be a good option. But then the petrol prices it appears will only further sky rocket in the future , since the powers that be will not actually risk tinkering with diesel elements . !!!.
Ertiga Petrol received a good review from all top Auto publications , Being the K Series 1.4 Liter Engine.
Indian highways are resembling International ones and at times are more picturesque than international highways/expressways ( like the Interstate - I 93 From Newyork to Miami and I 405 from LA to Vancouver .) The golden quadrilateral is amazing to drive on . I only wish the highways department put all the truckers to a orientation and educational program as to why they must keep to the left , being heavy traffic. Highway traffic discipline is still lacking in India and truckers are the worst offenders . Also inspite of the bye pass provided , the villagers lack highway sense since they drive on the wrong side and also virtually squat sometimes on the median.Highway fencing still has a long way to go in India as well as sensitising villagers about highway manners and conduct.
Its time , you also enjoyed higway driving .

Cheers and Welcome to the world of Highway buffs !!
Old 21st June 2012, 09:53   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Guys,
what is the insurance amount? any idea? the dealer is claiming for 29k for zero dep for vdi model. Any quick reply will help. the online quote was for 23k.

also, is it a must to get the insurance form maruti? the royal sundaram guy, with whom I my previous car was insured for past 8 years, redirected me back to my dealer!!
Mine came for 25 K Krishnan. Royal Sundaram.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:52   #349
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Found this in Facebook. Is there a version with chrome insert on the grill like this in India?
The chrome inserts in the grill and famp looks good. I don't think this picture is of the Indian version. Looks like this was taken in Thailand.
Old 21st June 2012, 13:28   #350
BHPian

I had booked it in maruti garuda(lalbagh road) and the agent has idea/information on delivery dates.

Have people who booked Ertiga * ZDI * in Bangalore around April 15th got the deliveries?
Old 21st June 2012, 17:56   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Just back from a Chennai - Thiruvananthapuram - Chennai 1800 km round trip and your post very much echoes my thoughts. In fact I doubt if I could have done a better job than you penning this down! Share some pics of your ride.

Thanks Swift Diesel . for your warm comments .

Since I have just got active on this forum , I usually was not shooting pics of long hauls , but shall do so henceforth and post Pics.

80 % of my fully loaded Esteem Vxi 's hauls were long hauls . She was a belter on the highway and the city alike . Mechanics call that sheer gold . After traversing multiple terrains with a lakh plus on the odo , she has been given a long service award and temporarily garaged for ocassional city hauls , although she's crying for more ( since you are aware that she is a great car with that superb power to weight ratio, handling etc ) . Ertiga Diesel was too good to be missed hence I got my early delivery after great pressure on the MD of the Delership in Chennai. Got that huge Key , like a man of the match award from the GM of the dealership !!!

Catch ya soon again on this forum or Ertiga talk ( The talk of the town !! ) .... Cheers
Old 21st June 2012, 18:53   #352
BHPian

Ok guys seeking CNG conversion advice for a friend. He had almost finalised a Dzire LDi for himself (family of 6 with approx 2k km running per month). I have suggested him to look at the Ertiga LXi and get it converted to CNG, given his high monthly running. He is on a strict budget of between 6.5 and 7 lakhs, hence the choices and my suggestion. LDi is close to 8 lakhs on-road in Delhi.

Now has anyone here come across a CNG installation in Ertiga or inquired about it at an installer? He did try asking the Maruti dealers but they don't have a clue. I have told him to ask around at some of the installers here in Delhi and see if someone has done it. Any help would be appreciated. Another plus for Ertiga apart from the space is that the LXi model is available off the shelf (no waiting at all) and he needs a car pretty quick. Warranty be damned in case of CNG conversion.

PS: I asked the same question in the CNG conversion thread but sadly no response. So posting here!!

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 21st June 2012 at 18:55.
Old 21st June 2012, 19:03   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash.giri View Post
Have people who booked Ertiga * ZDI * in Bangalore around April 15th got the deliveries?
My friend had booked the Ertiga (ZDI) before the launch and has no clue when he will get the vehicle!

Cheers!

Last edited by noopster : 22nd June 2012 at 08:12. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 22nd June 2012, 07:28   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
My friend had booked the Ertiga (ZDI) before the launch and has no clue when he will get the vehicle!

Cheers!
Quite a few including me have got their ZDI's delivered already.
Anyway, what is the dealers version on the delay?
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:58   #355
Senior - BHPian

I think deliveries are in full swing, going by the cars I am spotting. Yesterday morning saw a light-blue Ertiga at 8AM at Gemini and the same-coloured car at OTA junction at 5:30PM - the color looks good on the car. Same color as seen on the Innova, where also it looks good. And today morning, saw a white VDi with decals parked at the Mavelikara station - someone using it as he would do a car ie. leave it at the station and then catch the train to workplace (Kollam/TVM/Cochin etc).

MSIL really brought in a game-changer with this car. Also while there has been not much impact on Innova sales due to the Ertiga, I have a feeling that this will change soon. Which would be good for us since the Innova has become quite over-priced and this might lead Toyota to look at price-correction.

The more I see it, the more I love it and want to bring one home. But no idea what to do with the Swift-P that we have now - as it is no one in Kerala wants a petrol car and with petrol-car resale crashing recently, it would be a pain selling it off for a decent price.
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:55   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I think deliveries are in full swing, going by the cars I am spotting. Yesterday morning saw a light-blue Ertiga at 8AM at Gemini and the same-coloured car at OTA junction at 5:30PM - the color looks good on the car.
If that Gemini you mention is the Gemini circle in Chennai then its definitely my Ertiga that you saw at 8 am.
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:20   #357
Senior - BHPian

^^^Yes, Gemini circle. The car was going from Cathedral road towards Nungambakkam. Sorry, should have been clearer.
How many weeks/months was the delivery period for your ZDi ? And OTR at Chennai was ? In Kerala, they are quoting 9.68L for the ZDi.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 22nd June 2012 at 16:25.
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:02   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
^^^Yes, Gemini circle. The car was going from Cathedral road towards Nungambakkam. Sorry, should have been clearer.
How many weeks/months was the delivery period for your ZDi ? And OTR at Chennai was ? In Kerala, they are quoting 9.68L for the ZDi.
Cool! I missed your Baleno then. I booked my Ertiga unofficially before the launch and I made it clear that I should be first on the list. In spite of me booking so early I literally tormented my SA every day for the delivery. Took delivery on May 14, a month after launch. OTR in Chennai was 10.15 lac and the dealer was Khivraj. Slightly cheaper in Kerala I guess.
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:39   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Now has anyone here come across a CNG installation in Ertiga or inquired about it at an installer? He did try asking the Maruti dealers but they don't have a clue. I have told him to ask around at some of the installers here in Delhi and see if someone has done it. Any help would be appreciated. Another plus for Ertiga apart from the space is that the LXi model is available off the shelf (no waiting at all) and he needs a car pretty quick. Warranty be damned in case of CNG conversion.
I dont think CNG installation in Ertiga should be a problem if you can figure out a place to fit the cylinder. As things stand now, the space behind the third row may not be sufficient I guess. This is my assumption. Owners may comment regarding that. Else you ll have to ponder over the possibility of removing the the third row completely to fix the cylinder.

If that isuue is sorted out I guess he can go about buying the Ertiga and sooner or later somebody would come up with a dedicated Kit maybe.
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:33   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
If that isuue is sorted out I guess he can go about buying the Ertiga and sooner or later somebody would come up with a dedicated Kit maybe.
In two issues of ACI, they had mentioned about Ertiga coming out with factory fitted CNG kit. Maruti has done a great job with factory fitted CNG cars in Estilo, Wagon R, SX4, Eeco and Alto. I have driven all of them and a factory fitted CNG Wagon R is at home. If they can deliver similar level of refinement, performance and efficiency in Ertiga, it would be a great success. Maruti has given a dedicated ECU for CNG which speaks a lot for hard work Maruti has done. Considering the petrol price instability ( and high rate any given day ), CNG Ertiga would mean more sales, and also it could help Maruti reduce diesel waiting list a bit as some percentage of buyers might shift from diesel to CNG.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks