Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 11:43   #571
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
As already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Ertiga is manufactured at Gurgaon and not at Manesar. All Maruti dealers have a pessimistic view when it comes to waiting period but actually the delivery time of Ertiga has reduced. The dealers usually quote a year's waiting but the vehicle is usually allotted in 2 to 3 months time. This was the case with a couple of my friends in Chennai and Coimbatore. You can give it a shot if you're really after the Ertiga. Otherwise, there are choices elsewhere that you can choose.
Guys who booked Ertiga Vdi in cuddalore ABT Maruti are still waiting more than 6 months, and to get Zdi might be more. But you still have a point buddy may be i should try some showroom in other Cities.
Old 1st September 2012, 19:30   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Booked VDi on 19th of May, got the delivery today from Autofin,Hyd. Gosh, they are really professional. Waayyy better than Varun/Gem/Acers/.. others.
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:07   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Booked VDi on 19th of May, got the delivery today from Autofin,Hyd. Gosh, they are really professional. Waayyy better than Varun/Gem/Acers/.. others.
Congrats, and drive safe. Almost 4 months for VDi? Do let us know what impressed you about Autofin?
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:22   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswam View Post
Hi guys,

Today turned out to be a Red Letter Day !!! We took delivery of our LUV Ertiga ZDI in the elegant Silky Silver. Considering the clamour for Ertigas, esp the ZDIs and the loong waiting period which presently runs to one year, the delivery is all the more sweetened.
Hi Viswam, Congrats on your new possession. I too own a Silky silver ZDi and so far it has been a great experience. Please share your ownership experience with some great snaps including the accessories you are planning to get for your "LUV"
Old 4th September 2012, 07:28   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Demand for Ertiga soars, waiting period up by 7 or more months. Utility makers are ramping up capacity. Production ramp up to 270 units a day. Bookings over 32000.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16242616.cms
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 13:26   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi Viswam, Congrats on your new possession. I too own a Silky silver ZDi and so far it has been a great experience. Please share your ownership experience with some great snaps including the accessories you are planning to get for your "LUV"
Thanks buddy for the wishes.
Yes it has been a pleasurable experience, getting hold of and having a feel of the smooth diesel power of Ertiga. Will be able to post an initial ownership thread in about 15-20 days.
The accessories list which appear to be endless after my visit to the aftermarket dealer was pruned to the following after careful decisions.:
1 Reverse park assist MGA (will discuss camera and navigation later)
2 Full MGA seat cover of matching shade (in view of urgency and the propensity of OEM beige floor mat dirtying at the drop of the hat)
3 seat head/neck rest
4 seat summer bead cushions
5 door visors for all 4 doors
6 bumper guards 4 in black
7 side body guards (that strip pasted on doors)
8 full internal add-on mats (semi-pasted and semi removable)
9 adjustable mobile holder (for my xl samsung note)

The last one was the reason why i didnt pick navigation yet. The dealer offered a navigation device display about 3/4th size of my note. When i showed my note with sygic voice navigation he took his piece back and said i dont need it and gave me a mobile stand. That just about clipped my plans of going in for an integrated camera with satnav.
Viswam
Old 4th September 2012, 16:56   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswam View Post
1 Reverse park assist MGA (will discuss camera and navigation later)
2 Full MGA seat cover of matching shade (in view of urgency and the propensity of OEM beige floor mat dirtying at the drop of the hat)
3 seat head/neck rest
4 seat summer bead cushions
5 door visors for all 4 doors
6 bumper guards 4 in black
7 side body guards (that strip pasted on doors)
8 full internal add-on mats (semi-pasted and semi removable)
9 adjustable mobile holder (for my xl samsung note)
Wow that is a long list of accessories you are planning. I too got a reverse parking unit (Non camera - I personally don't find the camera as big value add), Art leather seat covers, Door sill guards, Michelin 195/15/R60 tyres, as part of the accessories. Planning to get some more soon. You could have a look at these in my initial ownership review
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2828394
Old 4th September 2012, 17:52   #578
BHPian

First 100 Km Update

Ertiga Vdi
-----------
FE with 100% A/C - 12.9 kmpl

+ves so far:
- superb engine
- best in class space management
- superb gearing with ultra light clutch

-ve:
- Well it's a feeling. When on bad road, the xuv 500 handles the bad patch way better than Eritiga
- OE headlamps are PATHETIC

Overall : It's SIMPLY a VFM. Go for it.
mohandas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 16:51   #579
BHPian

Re: First 100 Km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Ertiga Vdi
-----------
FE with 100% A/C - 12.9 kmpl

+ves so far:
- superb engine
- best in class space management
- superb gearing with ultra light clutch

-ve:
- Well it's a feeling. When on bad road, the xuv 500 handles the bad patch way better than Eritiga
- OE headlamps are PATHETIC

Overall : It's SIMPLY a VFM. Go for it.
100%. I have not come across such smooth clutch in a Diesel all in my life, though i have tried several vehicles.
My Zdi handled exceedingly well and gave me enough confidence even in flash whirlwind/downpour in Chennai over the weekend. The higher stance, GC, rear wash and wiper also came handy when the rain struck us.
You are right ! OE Headlamps with 55W bulbs are pathetic. Intend to change asap.
Viswam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 14:07   #580
BHPian

How big is the space in Ertiga with third and second row of seats folded - is it large enough to carry two 24/26 inch mountain bikes? I am not able to judge from my neighbors car - the space seems just about adequate for a cycle,with handlebars turned to one side, but could be a tight fit. Seats on folding also seem to increase floor height too much - cycle may not be able to stand up

Also, with only one of the middle seats folded, can 3 passengers and 3 cycles fit inside?

If not Ertiga, what is the alternative for carrying cycles around - I dont want to have the hassle (and expense) of fixing the cycles on special stands when we just want to travel a short distance to take a cycle ride in the park.

Thanks in advance,
Old 7th September 2012, 14:12   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks View Post
How big is the space in Ertiga with third and second row of seats folded - is it large enough to carry two 24/26 inch mountain bikes? I am not able to judge from my neighbors car - the space seems just about adequate for a cycle,with handlebars turned to one side, but could be a tight fit. Seats on folding also seem to increase floor height too much - cycle may not be able to stand up
I was able to carry one cycle (hercules neo, a hybrid, medium size) after removing the front tyre (mine has a quick release so wasn't much of a hassle). I am guessing one could carry another cycle placed right on top of one another. I think a third would be a tough fit but is possible.

Quote:
Also, with only one of the middle seats folded, can 3 passengers and 3 cycles fit inside?
I don't think this would be possible. Fitting the cycles without the last row folded looks tough to me. Moreover you have to place them from the side doors which is a hassle.

Quote:
If not Ertiga, what is the alternative for carrying cycles around - I dont want to have the hassle (and expense) of fixing the cycles on special stands when we just want to travel a short distance to take a cycle ride in the park.
Yeah true, a bike carrier is really the best way to go though and for longer trips you could possibly rent one. Check your local cycling groups.
trishul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 14:12   #582
BHPian

Hi all.

I test drove the Petrol ZXi version yesterday. And the driving experience was fantastic. The car drove even better than my Santro. Pick up was great in low gears even with minimal pressure on the accelerator (I prefer to drive with less revving). Since all the levers and the gear positions were identical to Santro, I felt right at home. Getting up to speed was effortless and the car handled like a small car - smooth and easy. Power steering was excellent, though a little soft. Rear view was a little less than with Santro since the side mirrors were smaller. ORVMs have power controls but dont have electric closing and opening, which would have been good. Even in closed position, the ORVM are quite bulky and the indicator lights seem liable to break.

Petrol Ertiga is the car to chose, if going for a MUV alternative to a big car, I think. The diesel is a compromise one has to make to save on running costs for heavy commuting, but for weekends and trips, without doubt the petrol Ertiga gives the maximum bang for your buck.

Folding the last and middle seats gives a lot of space but not so much in height because the seats are thick - right at the front just behind driving seat, there was about 27 inches of height, increasing through 34 to 38 inches at the back. 24 inch cycles may fit with the 60 split seat down and 40 split seat up - so three people plus cycles can with difficulty squeeze in - in a big SUV like XUV it would be easy.But then, even Innova has similar height space with middle seat folded - Ertiga might be good enough.

(Anyone tried fitting cycles inside SUVs and MUVs ?)

Upholstery and plastics in Beige continue to be an irritation - I tried the black leatherite seat covers, it doesnt go well with the beige coloured gear shift and interiors. Yet, anything other than black seats and mats is not sensible. Tough choice to make.

Anyway, regardless of these, Ertiga is now back on my list.

Still trying to decide whether it is better to go with the sensible Ertiga (with good service available and reliable manufacturer - at almost half the price) or to go for the XUV (where you might pay more for getting bad service and for a car with niggles where this very servicing would be badle needed).

(My purpose is a second car for weekends, trips and for fun in general, since I live very close to work and drive only 500 Kms a month (exactly 36,000 Kms in 6 years in my Santro)

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 21:50. Reason: Pelase avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Venkytalks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:36   #583
BHPian

I was at MSIL Gurgaon plant today, saw a CNG version of Ertiga being tested.

Any news of its launch?
Old 7th September 2012, 19:26   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I was at MSIL Gurgaon plant today, saw a CNG version of Ertiga being tested.

Any news of its launch?
Wow, this will leave absolutely no space in the boot. CNG Ertigas should be factory fitted with the luggage carrier
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 23:28   #585
Senior - BHPian

Just back from my 10,000 kms 3rd service. Switched to synthetic oil which worked upto around Rs. 3000. Oil filter also replaced, tyres rotated and topped with Nitrogen. Total bill was 4000 and odd rupees. Post service, engine runs like hot knife through butter! I can sense that the engine has freed up a bit.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks