Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 11:49   #751
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Just now I got a call from my dealer in Kolkata that a Silky Silver ZDi has been despatched , and the dealer personnel wants to initiate formalities for me.When I specifically enquired, whether it is wih or without alloy wheels, the lady said she would get back. Then she again calls and hand over the phone to her immediate boss, who says " this is without alloys . Nobody is certain when a ZDi will come with alloys." I told him I 've seen ZDi with alloys on Kolkata roads , to which he replies " those must be booked on the first lot".

Now I am in dilemma. What to do guys ? He confirmed the OTR price would be Rs 9.66 Lacs without alloys, and Rs 9.94 with alloys !!Should I go for it and confirm today, or wait for ZDi with alloys ?
Old 6th December 2012, 12:00   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp
Just now I got a call from my dealer in Kolkata that a Silky Silver ZDi has been despatched , and the dealer personnel wants to initiate formalities for me.When I specifically enquired, whether it is wih or without alloy wheels, the lady said she would get back. Then she again calls and hand over the phone to her immediate boss, who says " this is without alloys . Nobody is certain when a ZDi will come with alloys." I told him I 've seen ZDi with alloys on Kolkata roads , to which he replies " those must be booked on the first lot".

Now I am in dilemma. What to do guys ? He confirmed the OTR price would be Rs 9.66 Lacs without alloys, and Rs 9.94 with alloys !!Should I go for it and confirm today, or wait for ZDi with alloys ?
I recommend go for it. When alloys are available on AM just buy them and put on your car. Alloys holding a car delivery is ridiculous.
Old 6th December 2012, 13:37   #753
BHPian

Maruti to increase car prices by up to Rs20,000 from January.
Source : DNA news paper.

Quote:
The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India today said it will increase the prices of its vehicles across all models by up to Rs20,000 from January due to increasing pressure on its margins due to currency fluctuation.

"There will be a hike in the prices of our products. Quantum will vary depending on models, but it can be up to Rs20,000," Maruti Suzuki India Chief Operating Officer (Marketing & Sales) Mayank Pareek told PTI.

He said the price hike has been necessitated due to increasing pressure on the margins due to the currency fluctuation.
The prices of Ertiga have been already hiked twice since its launch. This will be the third hike within a year of its launch.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:46   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
..Now I am in dilemma. What to do guys ? He confirmed the OTR price would be Rs 9.66 Lacs without alloys, and Rs 9.94 with alloys !!Should I go for it and confirm today, or wait for ZDi with alloys ?
I say, go ahead. My reasons:

1. You have the option of doing the very same alloys from dealer later / go for better choices, after market.

2. You save a bit more on insurance & RT (though nominal) as ex showroom price is lesser.

3. News of price hike; DO NOT leave this chance, please!

Edit: Try to register the car in Jan just to ensure lesser bargains while selling off. Please make sure that you keep the SA informed (of the Jan registration bit) so that the hike does NOT apply to you.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th December 2012 at 16:51.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:51   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Go for it!! Prices are set to rise for Maruti and there is no sure shot date of when the issue of alloy wheel supplies will get resolved.

The other advantage to go for the variant without alloys is that you can go for a better set anytime. You can even put on the Swift alloys or select any other after market set.
Old 6th December 2012, 17:05   #756
BHPian

Surprise, surprise .... As iam advising a fellow BHpian, i got a call from pratham motor ORR. They informed me that Zdi with steel wheel (same color as i booked) is alloted to me & they asked me if i can go for it. I said Ok & it will be ready for registration in next 5 days.
Old 7th December 2012, 12:13   #757
BHPian

Completed the 1st servicing today @Varun, Balanagar. The bill amount is 0 and it took about 1.5hrs to finish. Anyway, I didn't drive the car much (odo now reads 252KM) and the average that I'm getting is 11.9km/l (Hyderabad city traffic with A/C on all the time, 4 to 6 people onboard). Accessories added are seat covers (6.5K), reverse parking sensors, reverse assist camera (RD make) and 3.5inch TFT display (Xenos) for the reverse cam (all 3 costed me 7.5K at Reliance Autozone, with free installation). Didn't opt for any of the MGAs at the dealer, as I found them expensive, compared to Reliance Autozone. Will upload a few pics soon.
Old 7th December 2012, 12:44   #758
BHPian

Quote:
I bought my ZXI without alloys four months ago. May be at that time i felt there should have been alloys but was happy with the feeling of having saved Rs. 20,000 and also having kept the freedom of choice of alloys when ever I felt like giving the car a makeover. So no alloys shouldn't hold you back ... trust me, you'll still enjoy the drive
Old 7th December 2012, 13:24   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post

I bought my ZXI without alloys four months ago. ...but was happy with the feeling of having saved Rs. 20,000.....
ZXi variant has a price difference of 20K for alloys while ZDi has a 30K difference? That's insane! And are we talking about 4 alloy wheels or 5 from the company? Anybody knows how much are the dealers charging for the same alloy wheels?
Old 7th December 2012, 18:13   #760
BHPian

Here are some pics of my Ertiga VDI.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-reversecamera_parkingsensor.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-parkingsensor_l.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-parkingsensor_r.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-parkingsensor_screen.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-tft_off_frominside.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-tft_fromoutside.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-tft_on_2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-tft_on_1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-tft_off.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-seatcovers_3.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-seatcovers_2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-seatcovers_1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-seatcovers_4.jpg  

nistala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 21:36   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala View Post
Here are some pics of my Ertiga VDI.
I have not read much reviews on vdi. Can you please post some more information. ?

How is stock audio system quality in vdi model?

Swift v models have weaker breaks and smaller wheels as compared to z model. Does same apply to ertiga as well?
Old 7th December 2012, 22:15   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy

Swift v models have weaker breaks and smaller wheels as compared to z model. Does same apply to ertiga as well?
The Ertiga brakes are better because they use bigger pads and boosters. Also ABS with EBD and Brake Assist is standard across all diesel variants.

I've had some close encounters and I found the brakes to be extremely good.
Old 8th December 2012, 09:50   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The Ertiga brakes are better because they use bigger pads and boosters. Also ABS with EBD and Brake Assist is standard across all diesel variants.

I've had some close encounters and I found the brakes to be extremely good.
So atleast when it comes to breaking department, there is no difference between Vdi and Zdi.

I guess the difference between Vdi and Zdi steel wheels is not much that people end up buying Zdi.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:00   #764
BHPian

Quote:

So atleast when it comes to breaking department, there is no difference between Vdi and Zdi.

I guess the difference between Vdi and Zdi steel wheels is not much that people end up buying Zdi.
I thought VXi comes with an option of ABS & EBD for extra money. Otherwise standard VDi variant come with these.
Old 8th December 2012, 18:29   #765
BHPian

Quote:

There is difference though not as much as in swift. Apart from air bags, ZDi has a better music system, 2 tweeters, seat height adjust, rear defogger and wiper, steering audio controls. So in a sense ZDi is really VFM that a lot of people prefer to stretch their budgets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks