Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 16:13   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches Ertiga 'Feliz' limited edition

Feliz? really? What kind of a name is this? Why will anyone even want to say that they own the ertiga feliz? Really cant fathom the ways of the marketing personnel sometimes. All for the usual stuff, this time at an additional cost too!!!

Give a roof rail, give wider tyres then call it a limited edition. Not this please.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:16   #1097
Senior - BHPian

A LE within one year ? Sounds strange for a model that is selling pretty well. And 20k for all that is really worthless, steering cover, garnish, reverse sensor, chrome grills ? I would have preferred Alloys, Leather interior, GPS etc.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 16:26   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Feliz? really? What kind of a name is this? Why will anyone even want to say that they own the ertiga feliz?

Give a roof rail, give wider tyres then call it a limited edition. Not this please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A LE within one year ? Sounds strange for a model that is selling pretty well. And 20k for all that is really worthless, steering cover, garnish, reverse sensor, chrome grills ? I would have preferred Alloys, Leather interior, GPS etc.
Agree with the above. But even with all these, it will sell as its a 'Maruti'. Would have loved some new colours like some shades in blue with more useful things in place like esteem_lover mentioned.

And Feliz? really? What for? Feliz as of? BTW, its a spanish word which means 'happy'! And that's not the first fascination of Maruti with Spanish. Earlier they estilofied the old Zen too with the name Estilo meaning Style in Spanish!

By the way, what are these guys smoking?

Last edited by saket77 : 8th May 2013 at 16:33.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:31   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Agree with the above. But even with all these, it will sell as its a 'Maruti'. Would have loved some new colours like some shades in blue with more useful things in place like esteem_lover mentioned.

And Feliz? really? What for? Feliz as of? BTW, its a spanish word which means 'happy'! And that's not the first fascination of Maruti with Spanish. Earlier they estilofied the old Zen too with the name Estilo meaning Style in Spanish!

By the way, what are these guys smoking?
Maybe these limited editions with bare minimum accessories do sell. Otherwise, Maruti which has always got the pulse of the market would not be doing the same set of limited editions again and again for all their cars. I guess they really must be laughing all the way to the bank with their editions as otherwise I do not see why they should continue with their LEs
Old 8th May 2013, 17:12   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And 20k for all that is really worthless, steering cover, garnish, reverse sensor, chrome grills ? I would have preferred Alloys, Leather interior, GPS etc.
That is the whole point. Maruti would be adding 20K directly to their bottomline!
And their thought process looks like: if it sells, then why not?
Old 8th May 2013, 17:27   #1101
BHPian

Rather they should have used those extra 20k to provide 50-50 breakup of last row. Anyways Maruti is known for LEs. It's Chevy Enjoy's launch effect also.
Old 8th May 2013, 17:33   #1102
BHPian

Very interesting move by MSIL, since Chevy Enjoy is just round the corner. Isn't the launch confirmed for tomorrow?

But, by Jove, what a name ! And what a hefty price increase for the 'limited edition'.
Makes sense, since limited editions are meant to remain 'limited' only !

The folks at Maruti are smoking the right thing after all.
Old 8th May 2013, 18:11   #1103
BHPian

I also happened to notice that this will be available in the VXi/VDi trims only. I am quite sure that these variants are not as much in demand as the LXi/LDi or the ZXi/ZDi.
How am I able to say this?
I have inquired for the Ertiga almost 2 months back and at that point in time the dealerships had offered me good discounts on the petrol variant and almost ready delivery of the diesel variant. When I showed interest in the 'Z' variant the dealer was quite pushy for the 'V' variant. Also 2 days back one of the dealers called and again reiterated that the discounts were good on the VXi and he could deliver a VDi in less than 2 weeks post my confirmation.

The 'LE' versions are a good way to push variants that do not move off the shelf easily. Also the things given in this LE version is quite useless.
Old 8th May 2013, 19:50   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Lol, feel this is a joke played by MSIL. Suppose the Skoda Rapid Prestige Limited Edition make/made lot of sense, where they sold the car which was priced cheaper than their mid variant but had features which even the top end did not have. That is something that can be referred to as Limited Edition instead of trying to clear some old inventory piling up in their Accessories Division and calling it as Feliz.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:00   #1105
BHPian

Interesting choice of name for a "limited" edition model. "Feliz" happens to be a spanish word which refers to being happy,lucky.

So does this "happy go lucky" edition come with ABS ? I would assume only one color would be available on this variant. The grey does not seem to be moving off their shelves easily.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:42   #1106
BHPian

Seriously Maruti!!! Ertiga Feliz!!
I guess this is just a simple gimmick to move the existing stock of 'v' variants or this might be to catch the attention of the aam junta since the Chevy Enjoy is getting launched tomorrow.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:54   #1107
BHPian

"REAR SPOILER - To give an edge above others"

What edge? Above whom?

Last edited by Kwanza : 8th May 2013 at 21:13. Reason: Too wordy
Old 8th May 2013, 21:08   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181
Feliz? really? What kind of a name is this? Why will anyone even want to say that they own the ertiga feliz? Really cant fathom the ways of the marketing personnel sometimes. All for the usual stuff, this time at an additional cost too!!!

Maybe Feliz stands for "fellows" the Ertiga Fellows! Just like SX4 the boyz are back, here for the Ertiga the Feliz (fellows) are back! Such unheard and wierd names these guys come out with!
Old 8th May 2013, 22:20   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Maybe Feliz stands for "fellows" the Ertiga Fellows! Just like SX4 the boyz are back, here for the Ertiga the Feliz (fellows) are back! Such unheard and wierd names these guys come out with!
From what I gather, "Feliz" is Spanish for "Happy". The Christian community may find the word familiar as it is found in a popular Christmas song 'Feliz Navidad', which generally refers to the Spanish phrase meaning "Happy Christmas".
Old 8th May 2013, 23:50   #1110
Senior - BHPian

This is doing stuff just for the sake of doing it.

It will be awesome if MSIL can bring in a limited Edition Ertiga with all black interiors, body cladding all-around like the Fabia Scout, 16" wheels, skid plate, roof rack etc. I will seriously consider buying that.

Both likability and practicality will go up and will certainly make people think before turning to the Duster or EcoSport. Also, this can give MSIL room till the XA Alpha is here.

Sometimes, I really feel wrong people are sitting on top of our auto companies.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed