Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 01:00   #1111
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

This is regarding a query from my father. He is currently looking for a car to go on long vacations with (price is not an issue to an extent).

He recently showed some interest in the Ertiga but was put off by the presence of the third row seats (he wants to go on vacations only with my mother), the reduced boot space with those third row seats as he likes to collect potted plants from wherever he travels and the spare tire 'dangling below the car on a string' (my father's words and also the fact that he will soon be 65 years old and it would be difficult for him to change the tires as he is not used to that setup).

A solution that he found very interesting was to remove the third row seats completely and create a space to attach the spare tire in a corner of the boot.

I know it may sound daft to some members but he has not liked the offerings from Tata or Mahindra, he is doubtful about Skoda's plans for the Yeti, and my mother has problems getting in and out from most of the big cars including the Honda CRV. The Ertiga was just about the car he liked except for the 3 problems i mentioned earlier.

So let me know what you all feel.
Old 9th May 2013, 08:23   #1112
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches Ertiga 'Feliz' limited edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sometimes, I really feel wrong people are sitting on top of our auto companies.
You said it.

Not just in India, but globally, maybe barring Ghosn and a select few, auto industry honchos are drab.

It's high time we get a Steve Jobs for the industry!
Old 9th May 2013, 10:35   #1113
BHPian

I really don't understand why people at Maruti are so insecure

Every time a competitor launches a new car, Maruti is quick to launch their so-called "special edition". I have seen this over time that when Hyundai launched Eon, they added some stickers and called "Alto Xplore" as a special edition. Honda launches Amaze, they give special edition of "Swift Dzire". Now, Chevy is about to launch Enjoy, here comes Ertiga Feliz. Do the folks at Maruti really so insecure. The so-called women being jealous of another, apologizes to ladies in general and them at TBHP in particular, and wanting to have everything the other women has is so appalling among Maruti
Old 9th May 2013, 10:45   #1114
Senior - BHPian

I think Feliz could be a short-form for Felicitation (of the car doing a successful 1-year).
But given that the name Ertiga itself sounds like some strange disease, Feliz isn't really going to make any difference.

Seriously these guys should stop these LE drama - even the layman would be able to see through the useless Limited Edition versions and that they offer no value.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:05   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I think Feliz could be a short-form for Felicitation (of the car doing a successful 1-year).
Given the history of Maruti with Spanish fascination (Estilo), most folks would be more inclined to refer Feliz as 'happy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But given that the name Ertiga itself sounds like some strange disease, Feliz isn't really going to make any difference.
Some disease? Well, in fact that's true. Even may sound like some vaccine (like some 'tika' )

And what is the matter with branding it as LUV? What is a Life Utility Vehicle by the way?
Old 9th May 2013, 11:44   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Maruti has just launched a limited edition of its Ertiga MUV, rather oddly called the 'Feliz'. The Feliz in Maruti's time honoured 'Limited Edition' tradition features the usual graphic upgrades, soft pillows, et al. The new edition celebrates the first anniversary of the Ertiga and buying into the privilege will cost Rs 20,000 extra over the VXi (Petrol) and VDi (Diesel) trims.

Images source Cousins on Cars FB page

Attachment 1081869

Here is what you get on the Ertiga 'Feliz':

Outside
  • Silver Colored Grill and fog lamp surrounds.
  • Side body graphics.
  • Silver colored outer rear view mirrors.
  • Rear spoiler.
Attachment 1081870

Inside
  • Interior styling kit.
  • Back pocket organiser.
  • Steering wheel cover.
  • Reverse parking sensor with display.
  • Seat covers and pillows with 'Feliz' branding.
  • Side step garnish and floormats.
Attachment 1081871
OK-leaving aside whatever they could have done for the LE -all the cosmetic stuff they are providing for 20k, is it VFM ?
I mean, if I were to go and get it done from outside, will it be worth 20K ?
A genuine query- no sarcasm.

Secondly, is it only for VXi/VDi or also applicable for Zxi/ZDi ?

Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 12:47   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.joshi View Post
This is regarding a query from my father. He is currently looking for a car to go on long vacations with (price is not an issue to an extent).

He recently showed some interest in the Ertiga but was put off by the presence of the third row seats (he wants to go on vacations only with my mother), the reduced boot space with those third row seats as he likes to collect potted plants from wherever he travels and the spare tire 'dangling below the car on a string' (my father's words and also the fact that he will soon be 65 years old and it would be difficult for him to change the tires as he is not used to that setup).

A solution that he found very interesting was to remove the third row seats completely and create a space to attach the spare tire in a corner of the boot.

I know it may sound daft to some members but he has not liked the offerings from Tata or Mahindra, he is doubtful about Skoda's plans for the Yeti, and my mother has problems getting in and out from most of the big cars including the Honda CRV. The Ertiga was just about the car he liked except for the 3 problems i mentioned earlier.

It looks like you are never interested in a 7 seater. So why Ertiga ?
Looking at your requirement of carrying flower pots along with luggage - why dont you consider Duster as well ? it has huge boot.

If you want to stick to maruti brand, then you can surely get the last row seat removed and some people have used scorpio mat at the boot to make it a nice 5 seater with a big boot.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:46   #1118
BHPian

@bharat.joshi you are just in time. The people from Ford called me this morning saying ecosport is being launched this month end and they are taking bookings from 20th! Ticks ALL your boxes. ;-)
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:56   #1119
Senior - BHPian

@bharat.joshi, your parents do not really "need" the Ertiga, which is more for those who travel 6-7 in a group. The Duster or EcoSport will be perfect for your parents.
Old 14th May 2013, 01:26   #1120

Greetings to all Team-BHPians.
I have two questions for all Diesel Ertiga owners.
1. How much mileage is the car giving in city traffic, with AC on full time, both the front and the rear vents?
2. Was there any change in the mileage of the car after the 2nd service?
I am getting a mileage of 15.5 - 16 kmpl in traffic of Delhi, with the AC on full time.
Are the other members getting similar figures?
I have crossed 13,500 kms on the ODO.
Any inputs from fellow BHPians will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:29   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PK View Post
Greetings to all Team-BHPians.
I have two questions for all Diesel Ertiga owners.
1. How much mileage is the car giving in city traffic, with AC on full time, both the front and the rear vents?
2. Was there any change in the mileage of the car after the 2nd service?
I am getting a mileage of 15.5 - 16 kmpl in traffic of Delhi, with the AC on full time.
Are the other members getting similar figures?
I have crossed 13,500 kms on the ODO.
Any inputs from fellow BHPians will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sir, you seem to be getting very good mileage in city. I get city mileage of 14-15kmpl with AC on full time. I cannot say whether there was an improvement after 2nd service (10k service, that is) because I got it serviced just before the summer started after which AC usage increased to 100% and the mileage obviously is lesser than earlier.
Old 15th May 2013, 09:00   #1122
BHPian

i feel dealers are not interested in selling top end models. Enquired at 2 dealers- no callback after told them interested in ZXi.
Old 15th May 2013, 09:10   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
i feel dealers are not interested in selling top end models. Enquired at 2 dealers- no callback after told them interested in ZXi.
Perhaps they are already too busy handling the walk in customers in there showroom than pay attention to other customers. Its the same story with every dealer across various car makers. I have learnt to stop judging them on these parameters and rather make a trip to the showroom myself if I am seriously interested in the product.
Otherwise I see no reason for them to not be willing enough to sell of top end models. What kind of waiting period is Ertiga commanding these days?
Old 15th May 2013, 10:39   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.joshi View Post

Hey Bharat, our requirement was just like yours. Our Ertiga will very rarely see more then 4 people at a time. Right now we have removed the head rests from the last row and folded down the seat. Removing the head rests allows the middle row to slide back one more notch and the leg room is pretty decent, unless there are very tall people who will be using the car.

Talking about luggage with flower pots, I have just the pic for you..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20130426_113334_716.jpg  

fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 11:53   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Perhaps they are already too busy handling the walk in customers in there showroom than pay attention to other customers. Its the same story with every dealer across various car makers. I have learnt to stop judging them on these parameters and rather make a trip to the showroom myself if I am seriously interested in the product.
Otherwise I see no reason for them to not be willing enough to sell of top end models. What kind of waiting period is Ertiga commanding these days?
Not on phone inquiry- met them in person at so called out of showroom display/mela. And they kindda sound disappointed when I tell then about ZXi. And they try to push VDi/VXi. Currently quoting 2 months waiting for the Top Ends.

Mid level- for which Feliz was launched- are available off the rack.

And thats what the problem as per my understanding is- whatever additional features are there in Top end- ABS and Alloy wheels- that is where the part supply crunch would be. Maruti has still not able to resolve that even after a year of launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks