Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:09   #1156
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hi apologies for the fonts - not able to edit the same but how ever here are some details on what is being offered

reverse camera
side beeding
Designer Mats
steering cover etc -

went ahead and booked one - vxi grey expect delivery next week - will post

[quote=hiunni;3133389]Mod team note: Please use Preview to check the post before submitting, also avoid Copy Paste from external sites, font editors etc. Thanks.

Thanks Rohit let me check this is what is getting me confused - the last line....
"Add New Car Accessories to New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in Chennai

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

XXXXXX caters to all your car accessory needs. Click, pick and add car accessories that you would like to see added on your car and discover how much we help you save on each add-on. Get a final deal summary to find out how much or how little it will cost you to build your car to your taste.

Accessory Name
MRP
(Rs.)

You Save
(Rs.)[/b]

Net Online Price (Rs.)
Body Graphics
-

Side Moulding (Beeding)
-

Steering Cover
-

Styling Kit
-
22,990.00"
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:48   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Drove my cousin's Ertiga VDI yesterday. its a new car which has done about 5k kms so far. what I liked about the car was its packaging which is quite clever, esp the sliding middle row, and the driving position which is spot on (swift derived, so no surprises here). the overall dash design is smart, esp the design of the airvents, but IMHO this design works better in the all black swift interiors.

what i was very surprised about, was the drive. I was expecting the ertiga to be quite sprightly and refined but there is hardly any action under 2000 RPM and even after that, there is no punch like you have in the swift (DISCLAIMER- My experience with the Swift Deisel is of the previews gen Swift and i have never driven the new gen swift)

Moreover, after 2000 RPM, the engine sounded very coarse and unrefined, which really took away from the driving experience.

Also, for all its "car like" driving dynamics, the Ertiga is not very involving to drive. I had really taken a liking to the ertiga when launched, thinking it to be the near perfect balance between MPV and a car, but this drive disappointed me no end. Maybe the petrol engine is better? But the diesel is certainly not worth the hype and just reinforces my belief that diesels make sense only if you have a big vehicle with a large displacement engine. For small displacements, (under 2000 cc) petrols are still the way to go

These are just my personal thoughts and no offence to any ertiga owners.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 12:14   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Drove my cousin's Ertiga VDI yesterday. its a new car which has done about 5k kms so far. what I liked about the car was its packaging which is quite clever, esp the sliding middle row, and the driving position which is spot on (swift derived, so no surprises here). the overall dash design is smart, esp the design of the airvents, but IMHO this design works better in the all black swift interiors.

what i was very surprised about, was the drive. I was expecting the ertiga to be quite sprightly and refined but there is hardly any action under 2000 RPM and even after that, there is no punch like you have in the swift (DISCLAIMER- My experience with the Swift Deisel is of the previews gen Swift and i have never driven the new gen swift)

Moreover, after 2000 RPM, the engine sounded very coarse and unrefined, which really took away from the driving experience.

Also, for all its "car like" driving dynamics, the Ertiga is not very involving to drive. I had really taken a liking to the ertiga when launched, thinking it to be the near perfect balance between MPV and a car, but this drive disappointed me no end. Maybe the petrol engine is better? But the diesel is certainly not worth the hype and just reinforces my belief that diesels make sense only if you have a big vehicle with a large displacement engine. For small displacements, (under 2000 cc) petrols are still the way to go

These are just my personal thoughts and no offence to any ertiga owners.
Surprised at your observation about 'above 2000rpm, engine sounded very coarse and unrefined', since we have an Ertiga and never had any issues with refinement.

'Not very involving to drive' is a generic comment, can you elaborate..?
Old 4th June 2013, 19:16   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
reverse camera
Are you sure? I dont think so. They just give reverse sensor with a small LED display that shows you the distance alone in mm/cm like the xenos had some 8/10 years back. Its very much useful though.

Quote:
went ahead and booked one - vxi grey expect delivery next week - will post
Congrats!

Whats the On the Road cost please? Any discounts? Please share as I too am planning for a VXI

Surprisingly, Diesel Ertiga had 25k discount and then some exchange bonus of 20k i guess. But petrol variants had only the 20k exchange bonus and no discount.

Quote:
Accessory Name MRP (Rs.)
Body Graphics - 2,250.00
Side Moulding (Beeding) - 1,390.00
Steering Cover - 510.00
Styling Kit - 22,990.00"
This is what I understand.

Some more details:
Details

Feliz
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
IMHO this design works better in the all black swift interiors.
+1

Quote:
Quote:
Also, for all its "car like" driving dynamics, the Ertiga is not very involving to drive.
While its more comfortable to be on the driver seat, it was not that interesting to drive. Being a Maruti, it was of course simple to drive with everything within reach but as you said, it was not involving.

Quote:
Maybe the petrol engine is better? But the diesel is certainly not worth the hype and just reinforces my belief that diesels make sense only if you have a big vehicle with a large displacement engine. For small displacements, (under 2000 cc) petrols are still the way to go
Yes, The diesel sounded harsh and was not super silent as it used to be in Swift Gen 1. I felt the same way with the Petrol too during my test drive but not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Surprised at your observation about 'above 2000rpm, engine sounded very coarse and unrefined', since we have an Ertiga and never had any issues with refinement.
I thought it was an issue with that test drive vehicle I tried but then heard the same comment from many. Its not crude but coarse.

Quote:
'Not very involving to drive' is a generic comment, can you elaborate..?
Unlike say a Ford... Well, In some way it feels like a car and in some way like a van (which it is). Don't know how to say :|

Ertiga/Maruti owners, Is it easy to laminate the upholstery say near the hand rest in door and all like we used to in olden Amby days? Just concerned as its really hard to maintain such exposed areas I feel. Maruti should have had some sense.

Last edited by ganesc : 4th June 2013 at 19:25. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 7th June 2013, 21:35   #1160
BHPian

"[quote=ganesc;3140200]Are you sure? I dont think so. They just give reverse sensor with a small LED display that shows you the distance alone in mm/cm like the xenos had some 8/10 years back. Its very much useful though.

Congrats!

Whats the On the Road cost please? Any discounts? Please share as I too am planning for a VXI

Surprisingly, Diesel Ertiga had 25k discount and then some exchange bonus of 20k i guess. But petrol variants had only the 20k exchange bonus and no discount."

Hurray - got delivery - yes sure it is a reverse cam not a parking sensor - no discounts - 8.24 on road for the Vxi in chennai here is the car displacing the Skoda ocatavia and the City for the priced parking lot at home ( well the octavia is the king for me still for the record )
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0077.jpg  

hiunni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 06:17   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
"
Wow, Congrats! This colour is nice looking even in a night shot. Please share some more exterior and interior shots when free.

Is it Feliz? If yes, then you are first here and so pics will def help others.

Ok, reverse cam? Good. But then thats not mentioned in Maruti Feliz site, so may be your dealer customised it for you I think. I dont see silver grey finish for grill, fog lamp housing or ORVM? as that was a package to Feliz.

Is the driving position without seat height adjuster in Vxi any good? Zxi with seat height adjuster was really good providing very good view even for the shortest drivers.

Last edited by ganesc : 8th June 2013 at 06:24.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 06:42   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Wow, Congrats! This colour is nice looking even in a night shot. Please share some more exterior and interior shots when free.

Is it Feliz? If yes, then you are first here and so pics will def help others.

Is the driving position without seat height adjuster in Vxi any good? Zxi with seat height adjuster was really good providing very good view even for the shortest drivers.
Thanks !

No it is not the Feliz , the other pics are already here - so let me knw if you want me to click something specific and will do that .

wanted to replace a car for the kids as said earlier so just shortlisted and bought the Ertiga in the last two weeks - (did a bit of back and forth between the Vdi and the Vxi for a bit )- so drove it for the first time yesterday and hence don't have a point comparison vs the Z(x/d)i , now that you bring it up i assume it would feel nice if i could adjust the height it feels fine as is anyway ....
Old 14th June 2013, 11:54   #1163
BHPian

Hi,
I am trying to find Dahsboard Trims for Ertiga ZXi, but not able to find it online anywhere.
Have many for other models of Maruti, i.e. Swift ZDI, Dezire ZXI, SX4 ZXI.

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_nkw=d...at=0&_from=R40

So, will any of them fit the Ertiga ZXI based on similarity ?

Secondly, the steering wheel of Ertiga- what Size it resembles closely of other Maruti models, Dezire, Swift, SX4 ? i.e. Small. Medium, Large ??
Old 14th June 2013, 20:50   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Hi,

Secondly, the steering wheel of Ertiga- what Size it resembles closely of other Maruti models, Dezire, Swift, SX4 ? i.e. Small. Medium, Large ??
hey rohit while i don't know the answer to the first , see if this helps for your second - Just measured it - 14 inches is the diameter - assume it would be medium
Old 14th June 2013, 21:45   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
hey rohit while i don't know the answer to the first , see if this helps for your second - Just measured it - 14 inches is the diameter - assume it would be medium
Thanks hiunni, however it would be helpful only if someone can tell aby Dezire or any of the Maruti's car size for reference, as the online seller is selling based on size (S,M,L) and suitable for which model.
Old 14th June 2013, 21:58   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks hiunni, however it would be helpful only if someone can tell aby Dezire or any of the Maruti's car size for reference, as the online seller is selling based on size (S,M,L) and suitable for which model.

hmm - going by this http://www.easytradestore.com/easyma...swc-black.html dzire seems to be 15 inches dia -
Diameter: 38cm/15inDiameter: 38cm/15in
Old 14th June 2013, 22:04   #1167
BHPian

Quote:

hold on - http://www.easytradestore.com/easyma...swc-beige.html this seems to list ertiga at 15 inches dia too ! so it is the same as the Dzire - may be i goofed while measuring -
Old 14th June 2013, 23:05   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
hold on - http://www.easytradestore.com/easyma...swc-beige.html this seems to list ertiga at 15 inches dia too ! so it is the same as the Dzire - may be i goofed while measuring -
Thats funny, because all 3- Dzire, Ertiga, and SX4 are being shown of same size i.e. 38cm/15 inch.

While as the online lists Dzire as S and SX4 as XL
http://www.tradus.com/nikken-wave-ca...g-cover/d/2362.

But, I guess, it will match Dzire more than SX4.
No other size than Small for Maruti cars except SX4 in Sellers list. will go with S.

Thank Unni, appreciate it.

Last edited by rohit0103 : 14th June 2013 at 23:06.
Old 14th June 2013, 23:53   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am trying to find Dahsboard Trims for Ertiga ZXi, but not able to find it online anywhere.
Have many for other models of Maruti, i.e. Swift ZDI, Dezire ZXI, SX4 ZXI.

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_nkw=d...at=0&_from=R40

So, will any of them fit the Ertiga ZXI based on similarity ?

Anything that fits a current generation swift or dzire will fit a ertiga mate, the dashboard parts are exactly the same.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:42   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Anything that fits a current generation swift or dzire will fit a ertiga mate, the dashboard parts are exactly the same.
Thanks. I am assuming you mean the dashboard of variants across models but in the same category are same. i.e Swift Zxi/Zdi vs Ertiga ZXi/ZDi.

Swift LXi wont fit Dezire Zxi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks