Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 15:36   #1261
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Yes true..
In Pune The OTR of Ertiga

Ertiga Zxi (With Alloy Wheel) : 8,67,241 (with 3&4th year warranty)
The above is with or without exchange bonus and corporate bonus ?
I had a quotation of 8.76L with only 3rd year warranty .
Old 12th July 2013, 17:08   #1262
Senior - BHPian

After going through a lot of threads(including this) and waiting for almost all the new launches, i finally decided to book Ertiga Vdi(Dusky brown). After all the comparisions, i feel Ertiga is the better choice for my needs. and the choice of Vdi is purely due to budget constraints.

My choice of color was not available at the dealer, so he has promised me to arrange one in 10 days time(He had a 2012 Nov make, but I obviously did not want it). But the fast selling colors are available off the shelf currently due to Automobile crisis in india.

I thank you all for the valuable inputs and I now realize how tough it is to wait(I feel like changing the color and driving home one tomorrow)

Last edited by rajshenoy : 12th July 2013 at 17:11.
rajshenoy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 17:31   #1263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I thank you all for the valuable inputs and I now realize how tough it is to wait(I feel like changing the color and driving home one tomorrow)
Congrats Raj and I totally with your choice. Its always what you feel when you AND your family sits in the car. And Ertiga is very capable vehicle. Congrats on the buy and look forward your ownership.

I seriously think you should pen down your thought process from the Duster to Ecosport to Ertiga. People need to know that part esp the fact thats its not always about good looks and a good drive alone. Its also about what your co-passengers feel during the drive.

A case in point : When I wanted to buy I did not see Duster happening soon. I was hell bent on buying Fiesta. I was blown away by its driving dynamics. But then better sense prevailed and I shot it down, as it would not have satisfied my needs (again the culprit was rear space)
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 17:58   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt like feliz edition. And it comes with following catch:

1. Its only in V trims
2. Has only one color with extra stickers
3. Car sold to you will be 2012 model(Nice trick by maruti to push 2012 models isnt it)
4. Priced 25K costlier than regular models.
Oh! Didn't know that. It surely is a no deal then. Smart try by Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy
OTR Prices

Vdi - 10,27,xxx
Zdi-steel - 10,75,xxx
Zdi-Alloys - 11,07,xxx

These prices include zero-dep insurance, extended warranty for 2 yrs(4 yrs 80K) and the basic stuff like floor mat etc.
11.07L for ZDi with Alloys? and Pune is offering the same for 10.26L. Bengaluruuuuuu.

Quote:
Yes true..
In Pune The OTR of Ertiga

Ertiga ZDi (With Alloy Wheel) :10,26,619 (with 3&4th year warranty)
Old 12th July 2013, 18:41   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I seriously think you should pen down your thought process from the Duster to Ecosport to Ertiga. People need to know that part esp the fact thats its not always about good looks and a good drive alone. Its also about what your co-passengers feel during the drive.
Sure, why not. I can surely confuse people further.

Jokes apart, late 2014 and 2015 is going to be a good year with almost every manufacturer lining up new global models in India. It was bit of a stretch for me to wait till then. But it will be very exciting time post then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
11.07L for ZDi with Alloys? and Pune is offering the same for 10.26L. Bengaluruuuuuu.
And as i am typing here, our CM is proposing state budget and looks like he is planning to bump up the life time tax by another few thousands I hope if i can squeeze my car by then.
Old 12th July 2013, 19:00   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats Raj and I totally with your choice. Its always what you feel when you AND your family sits in the car. And Ertiga is very capable vehicle. Congrats on the buy and look forward your ownership.

A case in point : When I wanted to buy I did not see Duster happening soon. I was hell bent on buying Fiesta. I was blown away by its driving dynamics. But then better sense prevailed and I shot it down, as it would not have satisfied my needs (again the culprit was rear space)
Yeah, I agree. Ultimately needs must be determined based on all immediate individuals who will also occupy the 4 wheeler with you. Good approach by RajS, as I'd mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Sure, why not. I can surely confuse people further.

Jokes apart, late 2014 and 2015 is going to be a good year with almost every manufacturer lining up new global models in India. It was bit of a stretch for me to wait till then. But it will be very exciting time post then.

And as i am typing here, our CM is proposing state budget and looks like he is planning to bump up the life time tax by another few thousands. I hope if i can squeeze my car by then.
Oh no! I'm sure it will be implemented by the time I decide to buy my next 4 wheeler. :(

Haha. Go ahead and get some EcoSport prospects converted to Ertiga You surely are capable of it (at least you got me thinking about the option). Wish you a great ownership and pray you get a good, trouble free piece. For sure, your initial ownership thread will run a few pages (considering your wait).
Old 12th July 2013, 20:02   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
The above is with or without exchange bonus and corporate bonus ?
I had a quotation of 8.76L with only 3rd year warranty .
HI Rohit

This amount without any discount. From which dealer you are dealing with?

I have a very good experience with a Dealer in pune. If you want then i can PM you the numbers.

Quote:
After going through a lot of threads(including this) and waiting for almost all the new launches, i finally decided to book Ertiga Vdi(Dusky brown). After all the comparisions, i feel Ertiga is the better choice for my needs. and the choice of Vdi is purely due to budget constraints.

My choice of color was not available at the dealer, so he has promised me to arrange one in 10 days time(He had a 2012 Nov make, but I obviously did not want it). But the fast selling colors are available off the shelf currently due to Automobile crisis in india.

Congrats Raj....

At last..... you choose the right one. VDi also come with ABS. Good choice.
Even i can not wait for my preferred color and opt for a white one.

BTW now i have already driven 100 KM by now (in one day) and I love it.
Yesterday evening i got the car.

Now i can say petrol is very good for city drive. (100 KM total in city )

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th July 2013 at 18:51. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 21:41   #1268
BHPian

thanks kalinga, but I already have purchased my Ertiga. but, i am slightly confused where the difference is coming in. If you dont mind, can u share the breakup of the cost ?

Last edited by rohit0103 : 12th July 2013 at 21:43.
Old 15th July 2013, 12:13   #1269
BHPian

My Ertiga VDI is completing 5K (in 9 months) soon and I'll be going for 2nd service next week. So far, I didn't have any problems, except some little squeaking from the 2nd row right side area occasionally. Are there any specific things that I should look for in the 2nd servicing? I do not use the car much, so do I need to do anything (except driving in the pathetic Hyd traffic ;-) ) to keep it in good condition? I usually start the car once in a week and drive for 10 KM or so.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:25   #1270
BHPian

Hi All,

Just saw rust marks on the front wheel disk. Is it normal for rainy season.

Got my Ertiga Zxi on 11th July-2013. It was a 20th Jun-2013 manufactured car. So it was not an old car kept in dealer stockyard for a long time. Even I got the car with 7KM on the ODO.

After I got the car, i have already driven around 150 KM in the rain / mud (You know how the road in Pune now a days) .

So is it normal observation for rainy season?
Or it would vanish after use for some more KMs?
Or Do I need to take it seriously and take car to Service center?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20130714_142104.jpg  

Last edited by KALINGA : 15th July 2013 at 14:32.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:30   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Just saw rust marks on the front wheel disk. Is it normal for rainy season.

Got my Ertiga Zxi on 11th July-2013. It was a 20th Jun-2013 manufactured car. So it was not an old car kept in dealer stockyard for a long time. Even I got the car with 7KM on the ODO.

After I got the car, i have already driven around 150 KM in the rain / mud (You know how the road in Pune now a days) .

So is it normal observation for rainy season?
Or it would vanish after use for some more KMs?
Or Do I need to take it seriously and take car to Service center?
Touch the disc and see if the rust is superficial? Rust is quite common in monsoons but corrosion will be something to worry about. If its only superficial, you are ok.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:34   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Touch the disc and see if the rust is superficial? Rust is quite common in monsoons but corrosion will be something to worry about. If its only superficial, you are ok.
Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for your quick reply. Just attached a pics of it.

Last edited by KALINGA : 15th July 2013 at 14:35.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:56   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nilesh,
Kalinga, it is nothing to worry about. This happens with all disc breaks. Once you drive for a while it will get removed by itself.
Old 15th July 2013, 15:12   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nilesh,

That helps. Just run your finger over it or wipe it with a cloth lightly to see if the rust clears off. If it does, you are good. If you see uneven corrosion or deep cuts/rust in the disc, then maybe worth a check with a mechanic. But since its a new car and with the pic now, i doubt its serious at all.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:08   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Take the car out for a drive and use the brakes liberally. The rust must totally disappear and you must find a shiny, flawless surface. My Sx4s disc rusts after being washed and left idle for more than a day but the rust is not this significant though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks