Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:50   #1306
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
Can anyone let me know the battery prices of diesel and petrol ertiga s please ? In the case of swift, i know that the battery for diesel model costs almost double of that of petrol model.
Diesel car batteries are typically double the cost of their petrol counter parts. So same applies for Ertiga as well.

I dont think Ertiga has any bigger capacity battery. It should be same as Swift diesel/SX4 diesel. Batterybhai.com quotes 7000rs for the same.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:31   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks View Post
Thanks Vinod and Cardeep.

High speed crash nobody is safe.

But if even minor bump can result in serious injury - then I am worried. Especially since the whole idea is that the kids will sit at the back. I have almost finalised the choice of Ertiga but this one thing is causing some qualms.
@Venkytalks - Congrats for the sane choice.

But, isn't the gap at the rear similar as any MUV with front facing seat you could have bought (Innova, Xylo, etc).

I think you are being scared for something which you should not. I would suggest you to enjoy the MUV when it is at home.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd July 2013 at 12:32.
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:09   #1308

Received my Granite grey Zxi after NINE weeks from booking date. What i found galling is the fact that no feedback is available even to the dealer it seems. On 27 Jun i was told that no news is available and only on 02 Jul would any likely dates be available. However the vehicle was received by the dealer on 30 Jun itself and delivered on 02 Jul!!! It seems that the japanese "Just in time" concept revolves on the information being made available just in time. Anyways time to enjoy my ERTIGA
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:42   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygoa View Post
Received my Granite grey Zxi after NINE weeks from booking date. Anyways time to enjoy my ERTIGA
Congratulations on your new Car. Please start an ownership thread and share the pics and your buying experience.
Old 24th July 2013, 09:02   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygoa View Post
Received my Granite grey Zxi after NINE weeks from booking date. What i found galling is the fact that no feedback is available even to the dealer it seems. On 27 Jun i was told that no news is available and only on 02 Jul would any likely dates be available. However the vehicle was received by the dealer on 30 Jun itself and delivered on 02 Jul!!! It seems that the japanese "Just in time" concept revolves on the information being made available just in time. Anyways time to enjoy my ERTIGA
Congratulations. Goa is a heaven for petrol cars now. Even i am waiting for my car(just 10 days wait) and whenever i call my SA, he says I will deliver it to you in 10 days !!

Hope my case is similar to yours .
Old 24th July 2013, 10:44   #1311
BHPian

Anyone has got the CNG version? I'm planning to buy one and feedback will be appreciated .Tried searching test drive report of CNG but couldn't find any.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:43   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Yes Rohit, I got some discount on 4th year EW so bought it.
I got the car in flat 2 days.
My car was a Jun-2013 manufactured car (Confirm with VIN number). I got the car with 7 KM in ODO.
I took delivery of the car on 11th July -2013
@Kalinga, what proof has your dealer provided to you regarding LBT ?
Have you accounted for all the amount you have paid to the dealer v/s receipts provided by the dealer ?
Old 25th July 2013, 15:56   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
@Kalinga, what proof has your dealer provided to you regarding LBT ?
Have you accounted for all the amount you have paid to the dealer v/s receipts provided by the dealer ?
Yes they have given a "DEBIT NOTE" with Debit No on it for LBT. It's a separate receipt. Also got 2 separate note/ receipt for vehicle value and value for RTO / Insurance etc.

Also got a separate note for Ex. Warranty.

I have paid 2700 extra. So the dealer sent me a refund cheque of 2,700.

Roughly calculated and found ALL IS WELL..

Did you paid extra for anything??

Please share. So that i can tally with my transaction. You can PM me.
Old 27th July 2013, 21:15   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
After driving my latest acquisition for last one week, I have these observations to make :

1) Ertiga ZDi seats, especially the front ones are big and soft, but the lumbar support could have been a little more enhanced especially maintaining the normal lumbar lordosis . I am not sure how comfortable this will be in long journeys, as I bought mine specially for loooong highway cruises. Considering the fact that my other car is a Zen Estilo, and I have made loads of long distance travels, without an iota of back pain , I am a bit skeptical. Only time will confirm.
I presume you have logged quite a few KMs in the car by now. Can you please share your long term usage experience on lumbar support, especially over long travel time/ distance. I am trying to finalize a car, but ergonomics and safety are my foremost criteria, rather than aesthetics. More so since I have had lingering back pain issues over the years.

Any input you have on this will be greatly appreciated.
(I scanned and could not find an update post, apologies if you have already done so)...
Old 27th July 2013, 22:02   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I presume you have logged quite a few KMs in the car by now. Can you please share your long term usage experience on lumbar support, especially over long travel time/ distance. I am trying to finalize a car, but ergonomics and safety are my foremost criteria, rather than aesthetics. More so since I have had lingering back pain issues over the years.

(I scanned and could not find an update post, apologies if you have already done so)...
Mine will complete a year soon and we have logged 15000 kms approx so far. We have done trips of 5-6 people, ranging from 100 to 1200 kms journeys, and so far no one has complained of either poor leg or back support. However, the front headrest is not something that some people are comfortable with. Longest single continuous journey for us is typically 150-200 kms before we take a halt.
latentpotential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 20:24   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
However, the front headrest is not something that some people are comfortable with.
I too felt the same initially. The angle of the head rest is slightly odd, but one get used to it after some time as well. Initially I thought that my head is flexed more and thus I started using very soft , neck-pillows for the front two seats. My dad , who sits beside me hated the neck-pillows initially and thus we had to removed them initially, but then he now has got habituated with the neck-pillows. I on the other hand, like and use the neck-pillows always because of the slightly forward bend of the head rests.
But saying that, these front seat head rests are much better than the extremely-bent ones on XUV 500 , which started giving me neck pain after half n hour of test driving !
I use neck-pillows on my other car as well,as it helps to slightly extend your neck,and thus in long journeys, it feels comfortable as well as gives rest to your neck muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post

Unfortunately, I am having serious trouble with my Ertiga ZDi and it has spent more time at the MASS workshop than with me.
My Ertiga has clocked only 3055 Kms since January 2013, and I have written countless emails to MSIL and two identical letters, one each to Chairman,Maruti Suzuki India Limited and Managing Director,MSIL regarding the recurrent problem my Ertiga is having. Till date I have NOT GOT ANY OFFICIAL RESPONSE/LETTER from MSIL. My car is with the workshop for last one month,and I am plain disgusted with Maruti and its pitiful After Sales Service, the very reason I bought my 3rd Maruti.

I don't know whether I will write here, in this thread , about my problematic Ertiga or start a new thread in the "Initial Ownership Reports " . Mods please guide me. Thanks
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 20:51   #1317
Team-BHP Support

ultimatechamp - Would request you to start your own thread and post about the issue/problems you are facing.
Old 28th July 2013, 22:02   #1318
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know whether I will write here, in this thread , about my problematic Ertiga or start a new thread in the "Initial Ownership Reports " . Mods please guide me. Thanks
Kindly do it ASAP, as
I am almost on the verge of booking an Ertiga . We can take some steps to prevent if it's possible.
Probably we can take initiative and pool all the problems faced by particular car in specific devoted thread, where each problem has a mention in the first post itself edited periodically.
Old 28th July 2013, 22:16   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am having serious trouble with my Ertiga ZDi and it has spent more time at the MASS workshop than with me.

Sorry to know about your plight with your Ertiga. How did this all start? What were the problems you were facing initially. Request you to share more details over here or better still start your ownership thread & share the link here (By the way do we have a niggles thread for Ertiga?)
Old 28th July 2013, 23:18   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Sorry to know about your plight with your Ertiga. How did this all start? What were the problems you were facing initially. Request you to share more details over here or better still start your ownership thread & share the link here (By the way do we have a niggles thread for Ertiga?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Kindly do it ASAP, as
I am almost on the verge of booking an Ertiga . We can take some steps to prevent if it's possible.
Probably we can take initiative and pool all the problems faced by particular car in specific devoted thread, where each problem has a mention in the first post itself edited periodically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
ultimatechamp - Would request you to start your own thread and post about the issue/problems you are facing.
Thanks for the response guys. I still love my Ertiga and miss it dearly.
The very reason why I bought it, was NOT served on two occasions that I went out of town on long journeys,and on both these occasions, I had to turn to my trusted Zen Estilo ( which incidentally is another car from MSIL stable ).

Please bear with me to prepare a detailed incident report and make a thread,and then put a link here.
ultimatechamp is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks