Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 19:59   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Is there any PDI document specifically for ertiga? Please share.
Team-BHP PDI checklist is exhaustive. Its applicable to all cars including Ertiga.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

To summarize:
1. Before making full payment(registration), visit the stockyard and perform inspection. Its not really PDI, but pre-registration inspection.
2. Payment, Invoice, cross-check VIN,chassis number,engine number etc. Once you get back to dealership
3. Post registration, While taking delivery you can once again go through the checks to cross check nothing changed recently.

Taking the camera helps during stockyard inspection to capture anything just in case.
I also took USB drive to test music system. USB/CD should do.

In my case, the car had arrived at the stockyard in the previous evening and it was very obvious since there was hardly any dust. If a car is parked in stockyard for prolonged period, do pay more attention as the PDI says.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 09:43   #1367
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone installed a child seat in the middle of the second row seat?

I tired to install it but because of the hump in the middle the seat would slide off.
Has anyone else experienced the same?

I was trying with a infant (0-9) lap belt based child seat.
Old 5th August 2013, 19:44   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Whats the 3m film called? I will have to consider it too

So decision is clear for me; no Chassis mounted ball bars, if good fiber based rear fenders are available I'll consider.

Reverse parking sensors or Cameras ?
Which one is better. Camera would be better I think. Any ideas?
If you are in Hyderabad, try Reliance Autozone (there is one in Tolichowki). I have installed "RajatDeep (RD)" brand reverse parking sensors & camera and Xenos 3.5 inch TFT LCD monitor. The whole set-up costed me around 7.5K (installation is free). Don't replace IRVM with integrated display units - they perform very poorly even during day time, forget about night time. See attached pics of the set-up in my VDI. Xenos 3.5 inch display unit is mounted on the dash (at the place that is meant for a tweeter) and reverse parking sensors display is mounted on the top of IRVM.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-dashmounted_xenosdisplay.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-displayon.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-parkingsensordiaplay.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-reversecamera.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-reverseparkingsensors.jpg  

nistala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 21:51   #1369
BHPian

I was considering the IRVM replacement type to avoid an extra gadget on dash. Any better quality products? I am impressed with the one on Verna. Quality depends upon the camera, ifyou add a better camera than the one provided will there be a good quality?

What about Garmin or Satnav with GPS and reverse camera support?
They're pretty affordable and will have added advantage of GPS. Some combine bluetooth functionality too. Anyone in the forum using them. How is the quality? Performance?
Old 6th August 2013, 11:35   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If the idea of rear bull bar is just to protect from two wheelers nudging your back in traffic, then one can also try stuff that 3m provides. Some sort of transparent films that provides bumper protection. I might explore that option

Having said that, only the tyres of two wheelers typically nudge which are made of rubber anyway

Only place you might damage the bumper is hitting some obstacle while reversing and that can be avoided by installing sensors.
I am not interested in scratch protection so much as crash protection - for the occupants and not for the bumper - which I would be happy to see crumple in a collision to save occupant.

Reason for worry is lack of data on rear collision safety with Ertiga - if another vehicle crashes into Ertiga from behind, especially by trucks and buses having bumper levels higher than the Ertiga bumper as is common on Indian roads with old fashined trucks and buses - which hit in the middle of a hatchback rather than on bumper level.

Would a rear bull bar protect or not in such a situation is the question

Last edited by Venkytalks : 6th August 2013 at 11:37.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:17   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was considering the IRVM replacement type to avoid an extra gadget on dash. Any better quality products? I am impressed with the one on Verna. Quality depends upon the camera, ifyou add a better camera than the one provided will there be a good quality?

What about Garmin or Satnav with GPS and reverse camera support?
They're pretty affordable and will have added advantage of GPS. Some combine bluetooth functionality too. Anyone in the forum using them. How is the quality? Performance?

Do take a look around DX.
I have 3 cameras, in three of my cars, all sourced from DX. two are connected to the stereo, while the dzire has a seperate screen(warranty etc).
Cost for cameras - 900 bucks.
cost for the screen - 1700 bucks.

you can pick up a more expensive camera with wide angle and LEDs, its still cheaper than anything on ebay or from any vendor.
Quality is perfect(I havent hit anything while reversing, ever), and the one on the fiesta has lasted for 3 years with 0 issues.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 13:49   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
The AC was stinking , was told that ertiga doesnt come with a AC filter , so got it fixed for 1400 Rs .
You mean your AC filter needed replacement? or you really mean Ertiga AC does not come with a cabin air filer, but if you pay 1,400 bucks, they fit it - from some other car's parts bin?
Old 7th August 2013, 14:33   #1373
BHPian

You mean the AC Filter cost Rs.1400 from MGA.
But somewhere here in this thread, a member reported that the AC filter is around Rs.400.

Kindly confirm.

Did anyone install a front driver Armrest in Ertiga?

I am seriously considering one. Where in Pune I can get an armrest for Ertiga?
Old 7th August 2013, 15:59   #1374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
You mean the AC Filter cost Rs.1400 from MGA.
But somewhere here in this thread, a member reported that the AC filter is around Rs.400.
Yes, I too have seen AC filter quoted above 1K by few members. However 2 weeks back on my visit to MASS (Surakshaa Bomanahalli Bangalore) saw AC filter on display at ~380 rs. It was mentioned as general / universal filter or so (meaning can be fitted in all models). So guess it will be worth checking with MASS about the rate.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:55   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Do take a look around DX.
I have 3 cameras, in three of my cars, all sourced from DX. .
Sorry for the noobish question, what is DX ? None of the vendor knows about it. Saw many IRVM type ones ranging from 5k to 8k. Seemed okay with BT and mp4 player and 7 inch screen.

Checked for tyre upgrades
An experienced dealer discouraged me for 205/ 60 R15 , it would touch wheel bay with full occupants and steep road humps. Advised to go for either 195/60 R15 or 205/55 R15 ! Anyone facing issues with 205/60 R15 ?

Getting Plati alloys ; setof 4 will cost 17.5k and 12.5k difference for changing the tyres to Michelin XM2 195/60 R15 .
Is this a good bargain?
Old 7th August 2013, 19:17   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
You mean your AC filter needed replacement? or you really mean Ertiga AC does not come with a cabin air filer, but if you pay 1,400 bucks, they fit it - from some other car's parts bin?
The Ertiga doesnt come with a AC filter . They have a AC filter specifically for the Ertiga , however you have to buy it separately . I was asked to pay 1400 for it Sai Service Pune .

Do you guys remember , there was a special accessories pack launched for Ertiga , sometime back for 19000 , one of the things in that accessories pack was the AC filter .

I know its crap , but what to do !
Old 7th August 2013, 20:17   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
The Ertiga doesnt come with a AC filter . They have a AC filter specifically for the Ertiga , however you have to buy it separately . I was asked to pay 1400 for it Sai Service Pune .
At least the sales advisor should mention it like statutory warning of something. I am taking delivery of an Ertiga ZDI tomorrow- let's see if I can get it done before delivery. The trouble is that I am taking delivery from a showroom that does not have a workshop attached
Old 7th August 2013, 20:18   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for the noobish question, what is DX ? None of the vendor knows about it. Saw many IRVM type ones ranging from 5k to 8k. Seemed okay with BT and mp4 player and 7 inch screen.

Checked --------------SNIP ---------n?
Dx is dealextreme.
Online shopping. If you can wait about a month for your stuff, you won't get better bargains. And most accessory shops use dxs bulk shipping only, selling at 2-300 percent mark ups.
Old 7th August 2013, 20:43   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Got the delivery of my Dusky brown Ertiga today. Initial feeling is just awesome. Too early to comment on factors like FE and rattles but Maruti has surely improved the quality as compared to my old Swift. They have gone long way in terms of quality i must say.

Even the suspension is much better in comparision to my Swift and soaks up bad roads very nicely

I will try to pen down a review later. As of now busy staring at my beauty

Last edited by rajshenoy : 7th August 2013 at 20:46.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 21:49   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
At least the sales advisor should mention it like statutory warning of something. I am taking delivery of an Ertiga ZDI tomorrow- let's see if I can get it done before delivery. The trouble is that I am taking delivery from a showroom that does not have a workshop attached
AC filter costs 300-350 rs. I am talking about MGA AC filter and this is what multiple dealers say. If some dealer is charging you 1400 rs, I request you to lodge a complaint with Maruti.

Its a pity that 10 lakh rupee vehicle does not come with AC filter by default. But since the price is hardly 350rs, I dont bother. But it is not mandatory either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks