Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 11:32   #1411
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Planning to buy a new car as I am expecting twins by the end of the year . As my parents are joining me shortly, I am planning to go for Ertiga in December. Will keep it for atleast 5 years.

Has anyone used Car Seat/s for Kids in the last row? Is it possible to place two car seats in the last row? How easy or difficult for kids to travel in these seats? If the last row turn out to be bouncy or AC is not effective, Infants may refuse to sit there.

If I place two car seats in the second row, Is it possible to get into third row? My aging parent may find it difficult to get to the third row. I am confused, any help/advise will be really helpful.
Old 19th August 2013, 12:00   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
Planning to buy a new car as I am expecting twins by the end of the year . As my parents are joining me shortly, I am planning to go for Ertiga in December. Will keep it for atleast 5 years.

Has anyone used Car Seat/s for Kids in the last row? Is it possible to place two car seats in the last row? How easy or difficult for kids to travel in these seats? If the last row turn out to be bouncy or AC is not effective, Infants may refuse to sit there.

If I place two car seats in the second row, Is it possible to get into third row? My aging parent may find it difficult to get to the third row. I am confused, any help/advise will be really helpful.
while the third row can easily seat two adults, its not easy to get there.

that is why many here say its for kids only. i have sat on last row and also collected feedback from other ladies who have sat there. its same as other muv such as innova or xylo

if you keep in mind that you are driving a van or muv and slow down on bad roads and curves, it will be sooth for last row passengers

rear ac blower is effective and reaches last row. its favorite place for my toddler. in my relatives ertiga we stuffed two short ladies and two kids in the last row for 40 min drive and they only felt the driver was rash but seating was comfortable

coming to car seats for children, if i am not wrong you attach it to seat using center seat belt. but the last row of ertiga has only two seat belts, plus you would need twin seats, so please check this aspect personally before you buy
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 05:23   #1413
BHPian

Has anyone experienced excessive wind noise? These is a strange hissing soung originating from the ORVM's on speed above 100. Does adding door visors help in diverting the airflow?
The cabin feels pretty insulated otherwise.

Or else will have to seriously upgrade the stock speakers to overcome the wind noise.
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:59   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na_sh View Post
Has anyone experienced excessive wind noise? These is a strange hissing soung originating from the ORVM's on speed above 100. Does adding door visors help in diverting the airflow?

Or else will have to seriously upgrade the stock speakers to overcome the wind noise.
Do you get to hear this noise with the windows rolled down? A certain amount of noise is to be expected but it's not excessive. My Ertiga has an MGA Roof Rack which cause a humming noise in the 80 - 100 kph speed band when not loaded. Strap a few bags on and the noise disappears.

Door visors will not help in diverting airflow. What they will allow you to do is to enable fresh air to circulate through your car during rains while keeping the water out.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:22   #1415
Senior - BHPian

My initial ownership review is live now. If anyone is interested in Ertiga and confused between other options in same price range, Hope this can be of some help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...stretched.html
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:04   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post

I don't recommend a baby seat in the last row. Just a personal preference maybe but judging by the way traffic snarls right up to your neck, I always worry about the safety of infant seats in the last row. Remember there are no side/ curtain airbags in these models.

I have fitted an infant car seat in the second row (RHS). RHS because, you need the left section free to unfold and access the 3rd row if you need to do so.

As someone already mentioned, it is not advisable to add an infant seat in the middle seat with lap belt only.

Considering you are expecting twins, and WILL need two infant car seats AND a couple of extra seats for parents, why don't you look at a pre-owned Innova (the other car I have and love). Go for the 7-seater version with captain seats in the middle row. You can have two infant seats (safely) permanently installed in the middle row, and have the last row free for extra passengers. Access through the aisle is a breeze. Both my mother and MIL (both elderly) have no trouble accessing the last row through the aisle. To boot, a good, pre-owned Innova would come at exactly the same price point. Buy it from Toyota Utrust and you cant go too wrong on the quality of the car you buy.

Hope this helps.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 03:34   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuda View Post
Do you get to hear this noise with the windows rolled down? A certain amount of noise is to be expected but it's not excessive...
No it is not disturbingly noisy, but there is a shrill whistling sound while cruising with the glass up. My car doesnt have a roof rack yet.

I'll check in once again when i take her out on the highways.
Old 26th August 2013, 03:10   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
No it is not disturbingly noisy, but there is a shrill whistling sound while cruising with the glass up. My car doesnt have a roof rack yet.

Yes, I have observed this on my 3 week old ZDI as well, when doing 80 kmph. I hope it's RHS ORVM and not something else causing it. I've seen this on the highway and in the city.
Old 28th August 2013, 17:37   #1419
BHPian

Hi all,
Am planning to take Ertiga ZDI with alloy and am being told that the older stock will be the one to be sent to Madurai from Bangalore yard. Is this true that I cant ask for the latest?

Has anyone got delivery of ertiga manufactured in august 2013?

Expecting a fresh piece as the previous car Ford Fiesta I took was 15 days old when I took delivery. But Maruti has the policy of pushing the older stock first it seems which makes sense but still.
What if there was any fix on august model that July one didn't have

(Has posted the same in VIN check thread, please remove if you feel its redundant.)

Oops, browsing from phone and didn't realize that I attached the same sheet thrice. I couldn't remove. Please help remove except one.
Attached Images

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th September 2013 at 16:12. Reason: Removing duplicate images.
Old 29th August 2013, 16:48   #1420
BHPian

I have taken a July 2013 manufactured Ertiga ZDi delivered on 12th August.

Stock reached on 4th of August to hyderabad.
One or two months should not matter.
I couldn't understand your concern correctly, , can you elaborate?
Old 5th September 2013, 11:04   #1421
BHPian

Quote:

I have observed this hissing noise on my Ertiga ZDI on highways at high speeds i.e. above 70 kmph. This is due to the wind buffeting around the ORVM's.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:52   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Can it by any change the sound of air intake?
Old 5th September 2013, 12:11   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobat View Post
I have observed this hissing noise on my Ertiga ZDI on highways at high speeds i.e. above 70 kmph. This is due to the wind buffeting around the ORVM's.
Please check the right front quarter glass area / rubber beading in this glass.
Even the right front door rubber beading need to check.

I got this information some other forum on the internet. Even the owners reported the sound over 70 / 80 KMPH of speed.

Mine is Ertiga ZXi. But I did not observe this type of sound. I will check again on my next highway trip.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:42   #1424
BHPian

Car Audio - Video Head Unit for ERTIGA

Got some good 2DIN Car Audio - Video Head Unit for ERTIGA.

- 6.2" / 6.5" / 7" High Quality IPS LCD panel with 1080p full HD resolution support (panel resolution 1280x800 (16:10) / 800x480 (16:9))

- Audiophile grade internal DAC / external USB DACs.

- Hard Disk support: 1GB - 5TB and *any USB storage device

- Audio format supported : FLAC, FLAC(HD), WAV, MP3, APE, AAC, OGG, AC3

- Video Format supported : WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, AVI, 3G2M4V, MJPEG, RV10, VC-1, DivX, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264,1280x720P HD 30fps,1080P/720X480 D1 30fps

- Audiophile grade PreAmp section with 2v o/p (need to finalize)

- OBD reader with Torque as default reader app

- High quality GPS receiver that can be used with Google Maps / Sygic / similar app

- Reverse / Front parking camera support

- HeadUnit navigation using external remote

- All upgrades will be Modular so that the previous owners can upgrade their existing HU by paying the extra charge.

- Optional basic Internal Amplifier.

Is this a good idea to swap my ERTIGA ZXi head unit with this one ?

Note from Mod : Please do not post links and ask members to go there for more details. If you wish to share the details, please share the content on this forum. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2013 at 10:18.
Old 7th September 2013, 01:09   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can it by any change the sound of air intake?
Doesnt seem so. (Wished it was intake sound!) It is clearly wind noise. Mirrors are the most probable source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Please check the right front quarter glass area / rubber beading in this glass.
Even the right front door rubber beading need to check.
Yeah. Will check all the possible sources. things do get chaotic inside. Wind noise+Diesel engine noise+AC blowers! Have to get used to it i guess. My car is crying for components speakers up front!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks