Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:17   #3001
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Some pictures of the Exquisite Maroon version taken at the Yard
Some more pictures with Premium Seats Covers and Wooden Interiors Styling Kits. Thanks to my friend for sending them to me.

To be launched on 24/02/16.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20170222photo00000058.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0380.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0381.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0382.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0383.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0384.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0385.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_0386.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20170222photo00000058.jpg  

snaseer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:48   #3002
BHPian

The black interior and glossy finish look so nice; I was inclined to book one. But in the absence of height adjustable driving seat, I let it go. I suffer from back-ache sometimes, so it became a deal breaker for me. I can live without a touchscreen HU or reverse parking camera from ZDI / ZDI+, but cannot compromise on driver seating posture & position.
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:20   #3003
BHPian

The all black interiors seems to be go well and is a practical color as far as long term cleanliness can be ensured with minimal effort.
I have a swift which is 4 years old with 60k on odo. I can vouch maintaining black interiors is easy.
But let me say the wooden additions to the black doesnt go well with the black interiors; personal opinion.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 18:50   #3004
BHPian

We did a Chennai<>Tuticorin road trip last week in our Ertiga ZDi with 6 average sized adults and a 4 year old kid and loads of luggage. We packed most of the stuff in soft bags to utilize the limited luggage space. The sliding/reclining middle row seats were extremely useful in creating optimum leg space for all passengers. Even the third row passengers had no complaints. I think Ertiga has one of the best third row seat with good under thigh support and you don't sit low with knees up. From the 1200kms round trip got an overall fuel efficiency of 17.2kmpl by tank full method. Maintained a cruising speed of 120kmph with the engine revving just below 3000rpm. In contrast, my friend's Ertiga averaged 19.5kmpl during a similar road trip while maintaining 100kmph in open roads. The twin AC setup kept the cabin cool throughout the day time journey. Stability wise, with full load the car felt composed at speeds and the suspension helped in gliding over most of the road undulations. Overall the Ertiga managed to be a comfortable long distance cruiser for 6 adults with limited luggage space.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170224_182937427_hdr.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170224_182050959_hdr.jpg
Torino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:55   #3005
BHPian

Guys,

Reposting my post from the official "Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread" as I haven't seen any responses there.

Link

Upsizing with better handling in mind.

After almost 55000 kms on the stock MRFs, I'm planning to finally move to some better rubber on my 2014 ZDi

Usage Pattern:
80% City + 15% Highway +5% Rural roads

Passengers/Load:
65% Driver only (Me! )
25% 2 to 5 passengers
10% 7 Passengers + Full Luggage

Main criteria for tyre selection would be better/improved handling followed by less road noise.

I'm planning to upsize to 195 or even 205 without decreasing overall diameter - 195/65 R 15 or 205/60 R15.

Primary contenders:
1. Primacy 3ST
2. Conti Max Contact MC5

Talking about tyre life, I would be happy with anything around 40000 kms or more. I just did a random inquiry into prices and 3STs are coming out to be 1000 more than MC5s, per tyre. Is the difference worth the performance/efficiency gains? I had used 2 sets of ContiEcoContacts in my previous car (Tata Indigo TDI) and was quite happy with their performance and life - they lasted around 110000 kms, combined.

One more thing to consider would be that I would also be going for a remap, after 30-45 days of the tyre change, so my belief is that the larger contact area of upsized tyres would be suitably compensated with increased performance coming from the remap. A suspension upgrade to better options is also in pipeline but that would come 15-20k kms down the line (Bilsteins are not available for Ertiga, will try something else).

What do the members here recommend? Are there any other brands/models that I should also consider?

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh.
Old 12th March 2017, 08:21   #3006
Distinguished - BHPian

Attention all 1st gen Ertiga owners

I remember reading many posts where people wanted to retrofit the chrome grill from Ertiga's limited edition, but weren't able to find the part number.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-571536ertigafie.jpg

The part number of the above grill is=71740M77M10-C48

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 08:46   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attention all 1st gen Ertiga owners

I remember reading many posts where people wanted to retrofit the chrome grill from Ertiga's limited edition, but weren't able to find the part number

The part number of the above grill is=71740M77M10-C48
Do you know how much does the new grill cost??
Old 12th March 2017, 08:54   #3008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Sorry, I could just manage to note down the part number. You can easily quote the part number to your MGP store/MASS and they'll tell you its price.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 10:00   #3009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, I could just manage to note down the part number. You can easily quote the part number to your MGP store/MASS and they'll tell you its price.

Regards,
Shashi
I recall the same query right here on this thread few years back and I had mentioned the Part Number as well as its price that I assume wasn't more than 4500.

I am on mobile phone while I post this. Perhaps searching this these with the same part number will yield result of my post with the price.

Edit: Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ertiga Anniversary Edition Front Grille -

Part Number - 71740M77M10-C48
MRP - 5225/-

So I was provided wrong information earlier on the price as 6500. This one (Price) suddenly seems interesting now .

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th March 2017 at 10:02.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:42   #3010
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Apologies for being a bit off the current topic. Does anybody here have any suggestions on a better position for the horn on the Ertiga?
Reason: The horn is currently behind the bumper below the left headlight.I just lost a brand new Roots trumpet thanks to the heavy rain in Bangalore last week, when I had to encounter a water logged stretch. I am told that there is no space behind the front grill.
Just thinking what could be a better location.

Cheers
Rahulb22
Old 13th March 2017, 13:58   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Hello Folks,

Apologies for being a bit off the current topic. Does anybody here have any suggestions on a better position for the horn on the Ertiga?
Reason: The horn is currently behind the bumper below the left headlight.I just lost a brand new Roots trumpet thanks to the heavy rain in Bangalore last week, when I had to encounter a water logged stretch. I am told that there is no space behind the front grill.
Just thinking what could be a better location.

Cheers
Rahulb22
I cant say if the placing is ideal or not, but this position is behind the bumper and prevents direct splashing of water to horn. Its been 2 years since I installed red grills and no issues so far except that I can feel the horn vibrations at steering ( kind of expected due to the horn size)

Refer the last pic here
Old 13th March 2017, 14:18   #3012
BANNED

Quote:
.. and no issues so far except that I can feel the horn vibrations at steering
Have you tried adding rubber in between the chassis mounting point and the horn stem?

I too had the issue but the vibration went after I added small piece of rubber cut just like a washer in between.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 14:25   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I recall the same query right here on this thread few years back and I had mentioned the Part Number as well as its price that I assume wasn't more than 4500.

I am on mobile phone while I post this. Perhaps searching this these with the same part number will yield result of my post with the price.
Came across this wonderful site with most of the parts catalogs

http://oriparts.com/7/84

Go to home page for other manufactures and models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have you tried adding rubber in between the chassis mounting point and the horn stem?

I too had the issue but the vibration went after I added small piece of rubber cut just like a washer in between.
No I didn't - will do that next time I remove front bumper for any reason.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 15:09   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came across this wonderful site with most of the parts catalogs
http://oriparts.com
The exact site was discussed in another thread just yesterday by Senior Bhpians Dr.Naren and Leoshashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This link is also very helpful for MGP parts and pricing.

http://oriparts.com/7?_ga=1.84868121...107.1486722219

It covers all models except new launches like Ignis, Brezza. Also pricing of few spare parts are not available.
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. However, some of the part numbers mentioned on this site are wrong/part numbers and description missing.

I used to heavily rely on this site earlier, but slowly realised that only about 80% of the mentioned part numbers are correct.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4162172
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 01:16   #3015
BHPian

The 3rd row in ertiga: is it accessible only through the left rear door?Or through the right rear door as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks