Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:19   #3226
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMonk View Post
Hello there, need some help with the left ORVM for my ZXi Ertiga in Bangalore. Searched the threads but couldn't find anything relevant to my question. Apologies if this has been asked and answered.
I am sure there was a discussion on mirror assembly earlier on this thread itself.

+1 on what Parag said. Buy a cover first and see if it fits well. You said the mounting fins sre damaged, can you post some photos?? You may be able to do some fevikwik fixes.

The other cheaper option is to get a non motorized mirror instead of the motorized one on your car. You can also explore the option of buying a non motorized one and using those parts, fix your motorized one.
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 23:50   #3227
BHPian

New ertiga launching in 2018? Spy shot showing LED tail lamps

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-newmarutiertiga1750x430.jpg

https://www.rushlane.com/new-maruti-...-12202110.html
Old 7th February 2018, 15:47   #3228
Senior - BHPian

I need a small help here regarding my Ertiga Vxi. Recently while applying light brakes I am hearing some sort of frictional sound inside cabin. It is something like if I lightly pump the brakes it sounds like a small beep (very light) but when the brake is deep pressed it goes away. It is consistent.

Another observation is if I do a cold start this does not come out immediately. After a drive of say 4-5 KMs it starts. It happened that I went to MSS (Pratham Motors ORR) and on way it was not heard. Again the SA tried to reproduce, it was not heard. But they cleaned the brakes. As soon as I started back, after 3-4 Kms it started reappearing.

Could somebody please help to understand the real issue here? Could it be just friction or something worse?

Last edited by Zappo : 7th February 2018 at 15:58. Reason: Multiple typos corrected. Breaks -> Brakes
Old 7th February 2018, 18:43   #3229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I need a small help here regarding my Ertiga Vxi. Recently while applying light brakes I am hearing some sort of frictional sound inside cabin. It is something like if I lightly pump the brakes it sounds like a small beep (very light) but when the brake is deep pressed it goes away. It is consistent.

Another observation is if I do a cold start this does not come out immediately. After a drive of say 4-5 KMs it starts. It happened that I went to MSS (Pratham Motors ORR) and on way it was not heard. Again the SA tried to reproduce, it was not heard. But they cleaned the brakes. As soon as I started back, after 3-4 Kms it started reappearing.

Could somebody please help to understand the real issue here? Could it be just friction or something worse?
Is the beep a continuous one (for the full time of you press the brake pedal) or repeating like beep beep one? if repeating will the frequency increase as you pick up speed?

What is the condition of brake pads and rotors?

Do you have a ABS model or non ABS model? if ABS model, what is the status of the check ABS light while running? DId you scan OBD for any error codes?
Old 7th February 2018, 22:04   #3230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been living with similar issue for a month now. Once showed to the SA who said something like a brake rod bush issue. I could not wait for 2-3 hours for him to repair, and told him I will be back next week. However the issue vanished after few days and it is again back now since a week.

SA had told that it won't be urgent and can be rectified when I leave car for service.

For others, there is a grinding noise while applying light brake(coming from front left wheel in my case). It immediately goes away if I increase brake pressure. Bit irritating if the cabin is silent. Mine is a Vdi
Old 8th February 2018, 09:20   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Is the beep a continuous one (for the full time of you press the brake pedal) or repeating like beep beep one? if repeating will the frequency increase as you pick up speed?

What is the condition of brake pads and rotors?

Do you have a ABS model or non ABS model? if ABS model, what is the status of the check ABS light while running? DId you scan OBD for any error codes?
This just single beep sort of noise. It is difficult to explain since if this is through some spring friction it will sound like a small beep but not a real beep. As you said it will sound with light application of brakes but goes away with deep press.
Mine is October 2016 Vxi Model with ABS. No lights are coming up. Will get the OBD scanned over weekend. Brakes are all fine according to SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I have been living with similar issue for a month now. Once showed to the SA who said something like a brake rod bush issue. I could not wait for 2-3 hours for him to repair, and told him I will be back next week. However the issue vanished after few days and it is again back now since a week.

SA had told that it won't be urgent and can be rectified when I leave car for service.

For others, there is a grinding noise while applying light brake(coming from front left wheel in my case). It immediately goes away if I increase brake pressure. Bit irritating if the cabin is silent. Mine is a Vdi
I too got similar comments from SA, may be they are trained to answer that way. He said your brakes are all fine nothing to worry etc. I cannot blame him since the issue was not happening in front of him. He assumed this could be due to dust on front disks and cleaned the brakes. But this did not seem to have helped.
Bit concerned though since I am not the alone person seeing this kind of problem.
Old 8th February 2018, 10:10   #3232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This just single beep sort of noise. It is difficult to explain since if this is through some spring friction it will sound like a small beep but not a real beep. As you said it will sound with light application of brakes but goes away with deep press.
Mine is October 2016 Vxi Model with ABS. No lights are coming up. Will get the OBD scanned over weekend. Brakes are all fine according to SA.

I too got similar comments from SA, may be they are trained to answer that way. He said your brakes are all fine nothing to worry etc. I cannot blame him since the issue was not happening in front of him. He assumed this could be due to dust on front disks and cleaned the brakes. But this did not seem to have helped.
Bit concerned though since I am not the alone person seeing this kind of problem.

In this case the fix is to replace the brake rod bush(and if needed the brake rod itself) not sure about the technical aspects but he quoted me around 500rs. As i had to rush elsewhere i moved on, Also the issue vanished and re-appeared 2 weeks back for which he told on phone not to worry and drop by when i have time.

If you can, just get it repaired. I am just delaying due to busy schedule.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:59   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Today i got the car checked again with my regular SA and he diagnosed the noise during braking as that from Bearing which is beginning to show its age. That seem to be the cause of grinding noise and he recommended me to change it within a month or two. Nothing serious though. being ABS model it seems it costs around 2-3K to get the work done.
Old 16th February 2018, 14:22   #3234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Today i got the car checked again with my regular SA and he diagnosed the noise during braking as that from Bearing which is beginning to show its age. That seem to be the cause of grinding noise and he recommended me to change it within a month or two. Nothing serious though. being ABS model it seems it costs around 2-3K to get the work done.
I changed the bearing of front right wheel before my Ladakh trip, it costed around 2500 (1600 for parts snd 900 for labour)
Old 16th April 2018, 17:34   #3235
BHPian

I was thinking of getting an Ertiga for my business. The vehicle would have heavy usage, 150kms per day with 80% being city driving, with 5-6 people sitting in it and the AC on full time. The base model Lxi/Ldi would be enough.

I was wondering if a few owners could give their real world figures for both the petrol and diesel in city usage. I've been told numbers ranging from 12-15 for petrol and 15-18 for diesel. Both seem a little high considering my usage. The price difference between the two models after all discounts is a little over 2.5lakh.

My key requirements are space and mileage. The space is not an issue in the Eritga but the mileage is unclear. Do you think the Ertiga makes sense?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th April 2018, 17:48   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
The space is not an issue in the Eritga but the mileage is unclear. Do you think the Ertiga makes sense?

Thanks in advance.
Space when you use all 3 rows and all adults all the time will be an issue if that is a primary criteria. However, passengers won't complain if first 2 rows are adjusted to allow all of them adequate leg room.

In terms of mileage, with 5-6 people on board, AC working all the times, you can certainly expect FE anywhere between 15-17 KMPL in thick traffic and 14-16 KMPL in Bumper to bumper traffic and 12-14 KMPL In crawling traffic all the times; This is for the Diesel variant.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 18:20   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
The base model Lxi/Ldi would be enough.

I was wondering if a few owners could give their real world figures for both the petrol and diesel in city usage. I've been told numbers ranging from 12-15 for petrol and 15-18 for diesel.
Thanks in advance.
The Lxi / Ldi miss out on the head rests on the second and third row.

Consider that as all the 7 seats will be occupied.

The 12-15 of the petrol variant can fall to 10 in very heavy traffic with Ac.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 18:41   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Space when you use all 3 rows and all adults all the time will be an issue if that is a primary criteria. However, passengers won't complain if first 2 rows are adjusted to allow all of them adequate leg room.

In terms of mileage, with 5-6 people on board, AC working all the times, you can certainly expect FE anywhere between 15-17 KMPL in thick traffic and 14-16 KMPL in Bumper to bumper traffic and 12-14 KMPL In crawling traffic all the times; This is for the Diesel variant.
Chennai day time traffic isn't as bad as bangalore or other cities but I'd say thick traffic is fair (average about 25kmh). We are getting 10 in peak summer in our Duster 85ps, and 12-14 during the cooler months. Also, the people traveling are smaller in stature so the seating will not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
The Lxi / Ldi miss out on the head rests on the second and third row.

Consider that as all the 7 seats will be occupied.

The 12-15 of the petrol variant can fall to 10 in very heavy traffic with Ac.
10 is what I'm thinking worst case for petrol in peak summer too.

Any idea if there's a different pricing for services? I know something like a clutch assembly will be cheaper for a petrol car vs a diesel car. Will the oil costs and filter cost be less in a petrol car?
Old 16th April 2018, 19:07   #3239
BHPian

Quote:

Any idea if there's a different pricing for services? I know something like a clutch assembly will be cheaper for a petrol car vs a diesel car. Will the oil costs and filter cost be less in a petrol car?
Copying from my post in Maruti Service Thread.

This will give you an idea regarding the service cost of Petrol vs Diesel.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4206538
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170528_1231502.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:04   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Copying from my post in Maruti Service Thread.

This will give you an idea regarding the service cost of Petrol vs Diesel.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4206538
This chart is exactly what I needed. Meeting with the sales person for a test drive tomorrow. Will see how low they are willing to go with the new model just around the corner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks