Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 22:51   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
What kind of fuel efficiency do you guys get on this car. Have booked a candy white one, with delivery sometime next week. This is my first turbo car so any hints on driving one will also be useful.

I also wanted to check if there is a race chip or something for this. I drove the Skoda Octavia 1.4 as well and thqat went like a bomb compared to the more sedate Jetta.
I was under the impression that the jetta 1.4 was discontinued. Are VW still making it or is it kind of a stock clearance sale? Which variant have you booked?
Old 15th August 2014, 23:17   #77
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Booked the comfortline and it's an august 2014 vin car, so it is still be produced. What I hear is a majority of the tsi production has been sold to government. That's why they don't have stocks for last 6 months. My friend is the dealer, so managed to get one allocated after speaking to VW.
Old 16th August 2014, 18:21   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the comfortline and it's an august 2014 vin car, so it is still be produced. What I hear is a majority of the tsi production has been sold to government. That's why they don't have stocks for last 6 months. My friend is the dealer, so managed to get one allocated after speaking to VW.
I was also told the 1.4TSI & even the trendline variants have been withdrawn... so is the Passat.

I plan to book a 2.0 CL, what offers can u land me pal?
Old 16th August 2014, 20:13   #79
BHPian

Send me a pm and I will speak to them for sure. HL or CL.

Guys, another quick question from my side. Can I install a rcd 510 as plug and play and will the ops work?

Secondly, are the rcd 510's available on aliexpress good quality stuff? I see a few around the 150-200 mark, including shipping. Am not really interested in the Bluetooth. Is there a model no. I got to look for?
Old 16th August 2014, 21:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, another quick question from my side. Can I install a rcd 510 as plug and play and will the ops work?

OPS works if you plug in any HU that supports it. I am speaking just from my experience of trying out a few CAN compatible HUs both OE and Non OE, in a Skoda. RCD 510 does not need coding to enable OPS display. It's plug n play.
Old 16th August 2014, 21:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I also heard something similiar to this. In my case I was told that VW are only giving this car in bulk orders i.e. 3 cars or more. This was told to me by a guy living in my lane as he had bought 2 of them. He said that once the backlog stock clears up they will only produce the 1.4 on bulk orders.
Old 17th August 2014, 12:24   #82
BHPian

The issue is that a lot of the parts are imported for the current jetta. Now all those parts are going towards producing cars for a bulk order. It also seems that they are making only white. Post this order, from what I was given to understand, the supply to dealerships will be resumed.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:35   #83
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I am probably one of the few heros around to have gone and booked a 1.4 TSI Jetta. As you all know the trendline is not available any more and is anyway quite bereft of features and there is no highline varient. The comfortline I have booked, comes with the 300 plus music system. I want to get that changed to the delphi RCD 510.

My question is would that be a plug and play or would it involve a lot of other wiring. I am unable to find any details on this 300 plus system.

I dont want the BT function anyway, so am quite happy with a delphi unit.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:49   #84

have been using the tsi for nearly 2 years with nearly 25000 kms on the odo.
Good to drive on our roads in the traffic conditions prevalent.Understand the limitations of the small engine, use the decent gear box,learn to use the torque as a ally and you will be more than happy with the drive.Good mileage of around 14.5 to 15 in moderate traffic conditions is the icing on the cake.
totally agree with you when you say that the jetta has that something going for it that you cannot explain which according to me is a sign of a mature driver and owner who has the courage and gumption to look beyond the bells and whistles and follow his inner soul.
happy driving the timeless elegant lady.
Old 19th August 2014, 00:11   #85
BHPian

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The milage figures are fantastic. But I guess Bangalore should be lower. Hopefully highway runs will give me better figures.

Which system did your car come with
Old 21st August 2014, 16:05   #86

Use a Sony system with bluetooth and dvd. Had also retrofitted a reverse camera and connected to the system but unfortunately the rev cam picture would start jumping incessantly on engaging the reverse gear. Could not solve the issue with any local electrician neither could the workshop in Goa help me with the issue. Have learnt to use the inbuilt reverse sensors and am not missing the reverse camera as much as I thought I would. Would still say that a functioning rev camera is asset.
The speakers provided by VW are excellent.
regards
Old 21st August 2014, 16:20   #87
BHPian

That is not possible as VW are quite nuts about after market stuff and warranty. I was more interested in getting a RCD 510 or Blau 835, but both those options seem difficult as well.

The blau is now selling at 55k in showroom and Blaupunkt has stopped selling this in the outside market. They are selling this only through VW as per them

On the other hand, the dealer is not completely comfortable with fitting a 510 sourced from outside.

That leaves only the 55k 835 as an option, which really makes no sense.
Old 28th August 2014, 14:29   #88
BHPian

Got my car this morning and promptly went for a tyre change. The jetta cl now comes with the 320 system including Bluetooth. Also the sharkfin antenna. New type of alloys as well.

Guys since this is my first turbo car, any precautions I need to take?
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 14:44   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Got my car this morning and promptly went for a tyre change. The jetta cl now comes with the 320 system including Bluetooth. Also the sharkfin antenna. New type of alloys as well.

Congrats on your ride mav2k. You'll enjoy every minute you spend with your new Jet.

Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Hey - where did you do your tyre-replacement? What were the prices quoted?

What color is your car? Pics pls! Did you also take a look at the new A3 when taking your decision?
Old 28th August 2014, 15:46   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Congratulations on the New Jetta. Wishing you thousands and thousands of happy motoring! Do post some pictures. Which tires did you change to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks