Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:13   #6016
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I have 3-4 days to take a call on the new ECM.
Finally, the issue has gone away after the new ECM was installed. The part cost approximately 48,000/- (installed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
What about the alternator and the power supply condition, i am suspecting a power supply issue from the alternator and the ecu.
It was checked and found okay.
It took them 2 hours to connect the immobilizer and ECU and check everything before readying the car for a test drive.

Over the past few days we had identified a pattern which at first looked to be random occurrence of loss in power. After further digging, it was found in the manual that the loss in power would come up every 4th run cycle and it was happening just like that. Not seeing this pattern with the new ECM confirmed to us that the fault was in the ECM itself.

Car is back on the road now.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 17:22   #6017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
[indent]Finally, the issue has gone away after the new ECM was installed.
Car is back on the road now.
Wow, that was a pretty costly repair! Any specific reason as to why the ECM failed? Engine bay water wash? Did you try sourcing ECM from OEM market or from a pre used one?
Good to know the cars sorted
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:30   #6018
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Any specific reason as to why the ECM failed?

Did you try sourcing ECM from OEM market or from a pre used one?
don't know the reason for the failure, nothing physical from the outside was evident.

I tried salvage and OE replacement, but the people I spoke to went mum after an introductory chat. Wouldn't blame them since it was Diwali. Finally went with OEM through Renault.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:40   #6019
BHPian

We have Duster 110 RXL AMT.

Any recommendations for Duster Floor mats. Last time I enquired at 'Elegant' @ JC Road Bangalore, they asked for 4.5k.

Also, planning to get my tyres changed. Currently running hitting 60K kms. Two of the 4 tyres have had punctures closer to the side wall. Any recommendations for the tyres ?
Old 17th November 2019, 07:33   #6020
BHPian

I went with http://www.tyresnmore.com. The pricing was competitive and they came to my office and changed the tyres and did wheel alignment and balancing. They have a fully equipped van.

Happy with my Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA 215/65 R16.
It enhances the rugged looks. I was expecting a drop in mileage, that didn't happen

Only flaw is on water logged roads if you are in speed, there will be a huge splash on your windshield.

Last edited by HillMan : 17th November 2019 at 07:35. Reason: Punctuation
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 18:05   #6021

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
We have Duster 110 RXL AMT.

Any recommendations for Duster Floor mats. Last time I enquired at 'Elegant' @ JC Road Bangalore, they asked for 4.5k.
I have got the Cozoo 7D mats from Amazon for 4.5K. It seems to be fitting pretty good although I think the elegant 7d mats are also a good option.
naveen.maverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:02   #6022
BHPian

Guys, I have a question.

I own a 2018 Duster (RXS) with the old ICE (head unit without Android auto(AA) / apple car play (ACP)). Any idea if Renault is selling the new head unit (with AA and ACP) as an accessory? Or has anyone upgraded to a newer one?

-DB

Last edited by DBeast : 3rd December 2019 at 13:05.
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:10   #6023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
Guys, I have a question.

I own a 2018 Duster (RXS) with the old ICE (head unit without Android auto(AA) / apple car play (ACP)). Any idea if Renault is selling the new head unit (with AA and ACP) as an accessory? Or has anyone upgraded to a newer one?

-DB
I did check about this at the Silk Board A.S.S, and they flatly refused, quoting it needs change in ECM too. Moreover, the cost of this new unit itself is 40K+, so I did not feel its worth.

But they did suggest me the Sony XAV-5000 (which has Android Auto/Apple Carplay). They quoted 25K + 3K (installation, face plate, etc.) for the unit. I did check about warranty issues, and they said that this particular head unit is approved by Renault, and since the installation is done at A.S.S, there won't be any warranty issues.
Repsol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:15   #6024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I did check about this at the Silk Board A.S.S, and they flatly refused, quoting it needs change in ECM too. Moreover, the cost of this new unit itself is 40K+, so I did not feel its worth.

But they did suggest me the Sony XAV-5000 (which has Android Auto/Apple Carplay). They quoted 25K + 3K (installation, face plate, etc.) for the unit. I did check about warranty issues, and they said that this particular head unit is approved by Renault, and since the installation is done at A.S.S, there won't be any warranty issues.
Thanks Repsol for a quick turn around. I checked Sony XAV-5000 on different online stores, and I think ASS is quoting more by almost 5K on the cost. I assume if I get it done outside, they won't consider it under warranty.
Little confused on should I opt for a new head unit or make peace with the existing one.

-DB
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:18   #6025
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Repsol for a quick turn around. I checked Sony XAV-5000 on different online stores, and I think ASS is quoting more by almost 5K on the cost. I assume if I get it done outside, they won't consider it under warranty.
Little confused on should I opt for a new head unit or make peace with the existing one.

-DB
Yeah same here too. I checked online, and it is considerably cheaper. But then I still have around 3 years of warranty left. So, don't want to take chances with an aftermarket install. I am considering that difference in cost as "Peace of Mind"

Yet to take a decision.
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:26   #6026
BHPian

Quote:
I checked Sony XAV-5000 on different online stores, and I think ASS is quoting more by almost 5K on the cost. I assume if I get it done outside, they won't consider it under warranty.

-DB
Considering the fact that your car is a duster and a new one (2018 model), it is safe to put in the extra 5k here rather than in the future!

And if you consider the 7 years extended warranty, it makes a huge difference! Peace of mind!
Jagann13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:03   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

I was in a similar situation with my Duster 2016 AMT. It came with the non-touch version. When we checked with the Trident Renault guys on Mysore road, they said it costs me 45k+ for the new MediaNav. But considering what MediaNav had to offer, 45k felt tooo much for me. I brought a used unit from a friend of mine (10k) who wanted to upgrade his unit to Pioneer/Sony.

I still think, what I paid for the used MediaNav unit is very much. Its to lethargic to use. When I compare it to the sync3 on my Duster. It looks like MediaNav is ages behind. I still have the non-touch HU with me.

Can someone post some pics of aftermarket HU fitted in a duster. Just want to see how does it go with the overall center console theme.
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 23:33   #6028

Even I have experienced poor after sales with Renault during my first service itself. I sent my car for servicing and asked for installing rear cladding and fog lamps. For the entire period during the Service, the accessories team didn't tell me that they cannot install it by next day.

Now on the 2nd day when I asked the service agent whether the accessories have been fixed after service, he told me that nothing has been done by accessories team.

Now when asked the accessories executive, he said that you need to purchase 3 days before to get it installed because they don't stock. I am talking about one the biggest Renault sales and service by Trident in Whitefield. This is the situation of big ASCs unable to keep basic accessories.

This was a very poor service in terms of process as well as communication.
I worked hard for earning a sub-20 lakh car. Time and effort are one the most valuable asset which I can have. Do other service centers of different companies follow such unusual protocol like these Trident/Renault?

They are actually making the process of getting Renault accessories difficult and I am so much inclined towards cheaper but better aftermarket brands.
pritishekka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:07   #6029
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review - Knowledge Sharing (DMF)

Hello everyone,

Some of us might have had their clutch replaced by now. I was in a similar situation sometime back. in the process I read about the dual mass flywheels (DMF). The 110PS dusters use a DMF manufactured by Schaeffler Group. The OE fitment in the 110PS duster is of LUK make.

A technical summary of a DMF in my words:
Quote:
Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) which is a special kind of flywheel is used to dampen engine vibrations which pass onto the gearbox. It has two flywheels with springs in between them. First flywheel (primary mass) starts rotating when engine rotates. It compresses the springs and the spring pushes the second flywheel (secondary mass). When the load comes on the second flywheel during clutch engagement, the springs in between the two flywheels compress and smooth out the jerks.
I would like everyone to go through the attached information brochure issued by Schaeffler which will help you understand various aspects about DMFs in general, covering - construction, benefits, installation, handling, inspection and troubleshooting.

Renault Duster : Official Review-pic.jpg

Attachment: DMF_LUK.pdf

Owners complaining about a hefty cost of repairs, should note that DMFs are not easily serviceable for re-use and since they are an assembly of many moving parts, they are prone to wear and tear and have a certain useful life based on the driving pattern.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:48   #6030
BHPian

All,

Has anyone changed the stock H1 and H7 headlight bulbs with higher wattage ones? The stock ones are 12v, 55W. I am planning to upgrade with brighter ones with a better throw.
Any leads would be helpful.

-DB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks