Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 17:37   #1546
BANNED

THE HSRP PLATES CANNOT BE MADE BY ANYONE UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY THE GOVT. OF INDIA.

Plates available in the open market are illegal.

Last edited by agambhandari : 28th November 2012 at 17:43.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 18:34   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari
THE HSRP PLATES CANNOT BE MADE BY ANYONE UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY THE GOVT. OF INDIA.

Might be. But they look good and give some character to the vehicle. I have put mine into a frame which looks neat.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:49   #1548
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

On the prowl. The duster in heavy camouflage waiting to pounce on other unsuspecting cars, venturing into the jungles.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20121024-09.51.22-copy-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20121024-10.06.45-copy.jpg  

Docster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 19:00   #1549
vij
BHPian

I went with my FIL to Renault Showroom in Padmaraonagar, Hyd and he booked RXL Petrol. Guys, if anyone wants the petrol base RXE variant in Hyderabad immediately - a few are available for immediate delivery - no waiting period. So if you want one immediately - rush

Last edited by vij : 28th November 2012 at 19:02.
vij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 22:25   #1550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post
I am fearing that there may be problem in suspension as there is some sound as i reverse the car/ hard brake and appears to come from rear wheels. Any forum members facing same problem?
Not sure of the problem. But one thing, I can suggest is, even though, Duster can swallow all rough terrains, its still important on our part that we still negotiate with care.

Because I have seen many think that since the vehicle can swallow everything easily, they can drive over bad surfaces at higher speeds.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 23:09   #1551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I went with my FIL to Renault Showroom in Padmaraonagar, Hyd and he booked RXL Petrol. Guys, if anyone wants the petrol base RXE variant in Hyderabad immediately - a few are available for immediate delivery - no waiting period. So if you want one immediately - rush
Finally , we get to hear about the Mysterious Creature called the Petrol Duster!

Is this true only for Hyderabad or is it available in other cities as well?
Old 28th November 2012, 23:14   #1552
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Finally , we get to hear about the Mysterious Creature called the Petrol Duster!

Is this true only for Hyderabad or is it available in other cities as well?

I had visited another Renault dealership in Hyderabad just a week back and was told that Petrol Dusters waiting period is 7 months and even then no guarantee of delivery. Which is why I was surprised to see this dealer today say he had 3 petrol dusters for immediate delivery(2 silver RXE petrol and 1 red RXL petrol) - no waiting period. Other than those 3, the waiting period quoted by them for petrol duster in general is 3 months - waiting period for RXL Diesel is 4 months and waiting period for top end RXZ is 1 week.

Last edited by vij : 28th November 2012 at 23:17.
Old 29th November 2012, 10:13   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
I want to mention few things that im having a problem with.
It was raining for last few days here. Left side floor, front and back is fully soaked up in water. Had dried it once and again after a long journey its wet again. Is it something related with the door beeding.? How come only one side.?

Then on the right side front floor, below the clutch and brakes, ac water keeps dripping. Im sure its only on the right side, and left side water is not ac water. The water dripping is few drops when compared to left side which was almost a litre.

From two days some foul smell started to come from ac vents. From yesterday its become much more with some sort of chemical smell.

I will take the car to showroom today. Hope nothing serious.
I see there is an increasing list of Duster owners having this leakage problem. I am yet to take it for repair since the dealer is about 150 kms away and it means a 3.5 hour drive one way on the nightmare called NH-47 & my first service is another 800 kms away.

Meanwhile my car too has started stinking despite all the deodorants I tried and the leak seem from the AC since I have avoided washing it for the last 7 days.

It seems Renault shares this problem over their models.

Rajesh

Quote:

Not only are they illegal; the guys 'providing' them seem to be making a killing. They go for anything bewteen 1.5 - 2K in my place but you can get a plastic number plate with raised letter for less than 1K.

What is the actual status of the HSRP plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
That's a lovely piece of information. I will try such words next time I am in Bangalore.

In a lighter vein, a 13L rupees car giving only 13 kmpl is nothing to cheer about, I agree with him.
I guess 13kmpl in city is good on a Duster. I've been doing 15-16 in
town & country and in excess of 20 on four lane highways. It depends
on how heavy the foot on the gas pedal is. I'm yet to get to my first service so I'm sure these figures are bound to change shortly<br>

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th November 2012 at 12:34. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 29th November 2012, 11:12   #1554
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for audio system for my duster. Can some one comment on the following:
1. Caska unit (OE fit) : 48K which takes 6 CD/shows pressure monitor system etc
2. Caska unit (OE fit) : 38K everything else, including navigation except above
These prices negotiated ones with dealer

or go with Pioneer X5590BT(2013 model) + RGB Cable (2.5K) which can show google maps (or any app from iphone on display) + panel + interface (heard that it is available by this weekend, so that steering wheel controls work) (6-7K) : 35K

Any comments.
Thanks.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:21   #1555
AWD
BHPian

Guys what all does one miss on the Duster Diesel base model(85PS) when compared to the next/middle variant ? I need to decide between the two!
Old 29th November 2012, 13:01   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Guys what all does one miss on the Duster Diesel base model(85PS) when compared to the next/middle variant ? I need to decide between the two!
Quite a few things actually. To list a few:

ABS, EBD, BA
MID
ICE & Steering Mounted Controls
Equipments such as rear defogger, rear wiper/washer, fog lamps, electric ORVM, head rests, charger socket, reading lamps, glove box lamp etc.
Exterior wise no body colored stuff etc.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:14   #1557
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
ABS, EBD, BA MID
Thanks for the comprehensive list! ABS, EBD, MID present on 2nd variant ?

Going by this base variant looses quite a bit, its better to opt for 2nd variant.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:21   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

Going by this base variant looses quite a bit, its better to opt for 2nd variant.
ABS is available on the second variant as an option pack which will set you back by 1 lakh. Its called RXL(O) and happens to be the most popular variant.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:36   #1559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

Would suggest you to check out in renault india duster website. Very nice comparison between the variants is provided
Old 29th November 2012, 13:52   #1560
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
ABS is available on the second variant as an option pack which will set you back by 1 lakh
Yes, had called the local Renault exec. to my place & he explained all the models & features.

Im pretty much decided on the 2nd variant. Will not be stretching for the options pack because then it brings Innova into consideration.

Quote:
Would suggest you to check out in renault india duster website
Have the leaflet now in hand & most is evident.

Only concerns now remain Renault's service standards, cost of spares & availability. Cost of service for paid services is also unknown, hope its not similar to Skodas/VW's & more in tune with Toyota, Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks