Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 21:24   #1921
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
this is as classic a case of "make hay while the sun shines" , as it can be.
Way to go Renault India !
Renault seems to be on the greed path :(
"make hay while the sun shines" shouldn't become "killing the goose that laid golden eggs".

Just ask Honda if you need a history lesson about becoming overconfident of the product and raising prices at will. When a proper competitor appears on the market (say EcoSport, Chevy Trax?), you'll be cornered so badly.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:20   #1922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Is it possible to do a custom mod on the Duster's interiors? A better designed dashboard maybe with better plastics. If yes, what would be the ballpark for the pricing.

The Duster seems good enough in most areas, but the Interiors are a major letdown.
The dashboard may be uninspiring in terms of design but as long as it's functional, it shouldn't bother me.

What really bothers me about the Duster's interiors are the seats. They aren't very supportive and they do not compliment the good ride quality that the car delivers.

If I were to 'custom-mod' the interior, I'd start with the seats. I'd also add damping to the doors - this will not only improve sound quality from the ICE but also add some weight to the flimsy doors. It must be noted that this only gives you a false sense of security and must not be done only for the purpose of adding 'solidity'.

But all this would come at a price. I'm sure custom seats all round won't cost less than 50k if done at a reputed place. ICE (must) + damping would cost another 50k.

If I'm spending 15 lakhs on a car, I would expect the car to have decent ICE, supportive seats and solid / adequately damped doors right from the start. The thought of spending 15 lakhs on a Duster and then spending 1 lakh just to 'improve' it puts me off.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:36   #1923
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

The dashboard may be uninspiring in terms of design but as long as it's functional, it shouldn't bother me.
The thought of spending 15 lakhs on a Duster and then spending 1 lakh just to 'improve' it puts me off.
The dashboard is not only uninspiring but also seems to be made for a car that costs a fraction of the duster's price.

As for the thought, it puts me off too . But then the EcoSport seems to be delayed again and the family is in a dire need of another car.
Old 15th January 2013, 23:15   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan View Post
Congrats desidino. I have booked the same model. I definately would have loved to book a higher model, but my finances restrict me. Wish your family many happy miles in your duster!!!
Thank you for your wishes Phukan ! Yes, price was a constraint for us too. Even close to 10 lacs on road was over stretching our budget quite a bit.

We do look forward to many happy miles. Duster gave us a glimpse of the future on the way back from Dehradun to Haridwar. As per my brother, the 2 hour ride was effortless !
Old 16th January 2013, 06:18   #1925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
As for the thought, it puts me off too . But then the EcoSport seems to be delayed again and the family is in a dire need of another car.
Only point I can add is if you are looking at a car for the family where every one needs to good (e.g. 5 and with boot).
I doubt if Ecsoport would give you that much space. Do take that into consideration and have a alternate choice.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:49   #1926
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Only point I can add is if you are looking at a car for the family where every one needs to good (e.g. 5 and with boot).
I doubt if Ecsoport would give you that much space. Do take that into consideration and have a alternate choice.
Actually, EcoSport seems to have everything that we are looking for. We dont need a large boot as much as a Duster, the EcoSport's will do just fine.
My only real requirement is to buy a niggle free SUV under 10 lacs.
Also, we are more interested to buy a Petrol car. Compare the Duster's petrol ill equipped variants to the EcoSport's flagship EcoBoost, and there is a clear winner! If only Ford could Boost the launch....
Old 16th January 2013, 12:55   #1927
BHPian

I see the first duster for sale in T-BHP classifieds. Sign of things to come?!
Old 16th January 2013, 13:45   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I see the first duster for sale in T-BHP classifieds. Sign of things to come?!
Not necessarily a bad sign. I have seen few XUV's up for sale during the initial launch window. And also some reliable and fast selling models with less than 5K on the odo ...

May be the seller is leaving country or he found something that suits him/his needs better !

Regards
Bugs
Old 16th January 2013, 14:41   #1929
BHPian

I'll be taking the Duster for its first long drive on the 23rd, going from Indore to Aamby Valley for an aeromodelling show. Any suggestions as to what route should we be taking and any tips on this drive.

As for the door dampening, the dealer here put some heat shrink on the door latch and now the doors close much sweeter.
Old 16th January 2013, 17:46   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post

As for the door dampening, the dealer here put some heat shrink on the door latch and now the doors close much sweeter.
Hey Docster, can you please elaborate this procedure further? Did they put any heat shrink film on the latch on door?
Old 16th January 2013, 18:34   #1931
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I'll be taking the Duster for its first long drive on the 23rd, going from Indore to Aamby Valley for an aeromodelling show. Any suggestions as to what route should we be taking and any tips on this drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hey Docster, can you please elaborate this procedure further? Did they put any heat shrink film on the latch on door?
Quote:

You can add damping sheets to the door's inner and outer lining. It can a bit costly as the damping sheets are expensive. Since you damp both inner and outer lining, the sheets used would be more in number.
But do note they give you a heavy feeling which is only NOTIONAL. (Thanks to Condor from whom I got my dump of info!)
Old 16th January 2013, 21:15   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
The silver knob on the inside of the body..... they opened it and put on the heat shrink like a sleeve and screwed it on again. The doors close much better now.
Old 17th January 2013, 00:41   #1933
BHPian

Anybody know the accurate pricing for the 85 RXL? Most of the prices on the net are varying and I want a reliable source. If prices have increased by 25-30k, Dad is seriously considering cancelling the booking (It was 10.89L when launched, then hiked to 11.39L).
Does the price hike affect customers who are already in queue or is it only for new bookings?
Old 17th January 2013, 09:09   #1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Anybody know the accurate pricing for the 85 RXL? Most of the prices on the net are varying and I want a reliable source. If prices have increased by 25-30k, Dad is seriously considering cancelling the booking (It was 10.89L when launched, then hiked to 11.39L).
Does the price hike affect customers who are already in queue or is it only for new bookings?
Dude I have spoken to the customer care on this matter and they are saying you will be given price protection, if the price increase is not because of any new tax levied by the government. Moreover as per the customer care executive, Renault has not come out with the revised updated price list as of now. Even their website (http://www.renault.co.in/cars/Duster/Price.html) says the same.

I am too in the same boat and any further increase of price would jeopardise my planning.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:53   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan View Post
Dude I have spoken to the customer care on this matter and they are saying you will be given price protection, if the price increase is not because of any new tax levied by the government.
I hope we do get the price protection. Else it will be tough for me to justify the holes in my pocket if i do manage to buy Duster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks