Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 22:22   #1936

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

My dealer mentioned that there will not be any price protection this time around - I have been asked to cough up 20K more...
Old 17th January 2013, 23:09   #1937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
My dealer mentioned that there will not be any price protection this time around - I have been asked to cough up 20K more...
Please do call up the customer care & then pay up based on the feedback. Also please get in writing if they offer you price-protection. The dealer might be taking you for a ride, you never know that.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:18   #1938
Senior - BHPian

I took delivery of my Duster RXL 110 yesterday. Also did a quick trip to Mysore the same day. The ride and the pickup is excellent. It was an effortless drive along the crowded highway and the mileage as per the MID was 14.7 kmpl.

Is this a good mileage for the duster? I did not cross 110 kmph or 3k rpm even once during the trip. A/c was on the whole time.

I also noticed that the engine noise is a bit loud when I turn on the a/c. It is like an extra fan being turned on when I press the AC button, something which I have observed in old Maruti 800s and Hyundai Santros. Once I turn off the a/c (with blower still on), the sound remains for about 10-15 seconds and then turns off. Is this normal?
Old 17th January 2013, 23:20   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan View Post
I am too in the same boat and any further increase of price would jeopardise my planning.
It seems the price hike is inevitable for existing customers in queue also (Please prove me wrong Renault).

This clearly shows how greedy Renault is becoming now. This is just daylight robbery if they can't justify the price hike (let's hope the rattling issues and build quality is atleast improved).

Way to go Renault India
Old 17th January 2013, 23:48   #1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please do call up the customer care & then pay up based on the feedback. Also please get in writing if they offer you price-protection. The dealer might be taking you for a ride, you never know that.
Customer care folks seem to know nothing !

I dont think the dealer can bluff - he will have to give me an invoice with the correct amount and date. Anybody can take the dealer to a consumer court if the price on the invoice is incorrect !
Old 18th January 2013, 08:46   #1941

I am driving down from Mumbai to Mangalore (non-stop) on my Duster RXE 85 PS (diesel)...Any handy tips guys?
Worried as the Renault on road service reports have been consistently bad...
Old 19th January 2013, 10:04   #1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I also noticed that the engine noise is a bit loud when I turn on the a/c. It is like an extra fan being turned on when I press the AC button, something which I have observed in old Maruti 800s and Hyundai Santros. Once I turn off the a/c (with blower still on), the sound remains for about 10-15 seconds and then turns off. Is this normal?
I have observed it in my Santro. I think it is the sound of AC compressor getting engaged with the engine once you turn on the AC. TO control the temperature as per AC setting, the controller keeps switching on and off the compressor and thus the sound comes and goes off. I think it is normal and happens with every car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2013 at 15:53. Reason: fixing quote tags :)
Old 19th January 2013, 10:16   #1943

Renault Duster 2013: Changes worth the new price? Or shall I cancel it?

Dear Team BHPians,

Need your help and advice to how to proceed.

This is the mail I got from Renault dealer yesterday:

- "Regarding the booking with Rs.50,000/- of the top end with leather - Renault Duster RXZ (O) which you had booked on first week of August 2012, asking for delivery mandatorily on Feb 2013 model. I am writing this mail to inform you that there are certain changes on the model you have booked in terms of pricing and features. Firstly the model will be getting an in dash navigation system and prices is on road Rs 1493199.00. The delivery may happen towards the last week of February or the March. Request you to call me."

My first reaction is:

I booked the Duster for February delivery as I am shifting to a new house which could accomodate parking for Duster too and to get the Feb 2013 model Duster (not Dec/Jan make). Now:

1) Is the new features or change worth paying for? Checked the net and couldn't find any information => Will there be a Automatic Climate Control, will there be better Leather seating, Mapmyindia doesnot cost as much as the 50k increase they have mentioned here. So what is in store?

2) All bookings before Aug 28,2012 should get a price protection from the Rs.40,000/- increase announced later in 2012. Shouldn't I get this benefit? (I am ready to pay for the extra pricing increase for the new features introduced in 2013 model)

3) Shall I cancel my booking for Duster if I am not getting any benefit for paying the advance and waiting for so long? - Only advantage I see now for Duster is its best in class Ride Quality . Current model, I am very unhappy with lack of Automatic Climate Control, the leather quality and quirky and cheap interiors I am getting for 14.5 lakhs. Also saw many reviews that 110PS is giving only 11.5kms in city ride. (Ecosport would also be suitable for me, as mostly city drive is involved.)

Awaiting your informed reply to make a correct decision, before I get back to the dealer.

Regards,
CowBoy

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2013 at 15:52. Reason: Please read the Announcements before proceeding. (1) Three smileys not allowed (2) Please avoid using external word processor
Old 19th January 2013, 10:20   #1944
Senior - BHPian

What I'm saying is that the noise is a bit on the higher side. So much, that I hear it even with the music on.
Old 19th January 2013, 11:55   #1945
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 2013: Changes worth the new price? Or shall I cancel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Shall I cancel my booking for Duster if I am not getting any benefit for paying the advance and waiting for so long? - Only advantage I see now for Duster is its best in class Ride Quality . Current model, I am very unhappy with lack of Automatic Climate Control, the leather quality and quirky and cheap interiors I am getting for 14.5 lakhs. Also saw many reviews that 110PS is giving only 11.5kms in city ride. (Ecosport would also be suitable for me, as mostly city drive is involved.)

Awaiting your informed reply to make a correct decision, before I get back to the dealer.

Regards,
CowBoy
Ok, Here's my 2 cents on the issue. Recently, when I took the Duster down south on my regular sojourns down south, I saw a couple of Ecosports doing test runs between Chengelput and Tindivanam. In fact I pulled up behind one in the toll plaza. One was silver in color and the other was the mellow yellow color that was there in zen/palio/nano. Both were head turners and my wife, who has no clue about automobiles commented on the good looks of the Ecosport. Even I felt a twinge of jealousy when I heard her comment.
It is smaller, cuter, more contemporary looking than the Duster. Now with govt proposals to flirt with weekly price fixing for Diesel, the mileage advantage may be lost for the Duster. The only thing going for the Duster is the ride quality and the handling quality. If city driving is your main criteria, ride and handling quality do not matter much, due to traffic.
If you are single( or pretending to be single) Ecosport it is provided ford gives a significant price advantage and offer basic safety features like ABS/airbag etc.I will still go for the Duster as my usage is very Duster specific and am happily married.
My Duster mileage in city is 11ish and on the highway it is anywhere between 14.5 - 16.
Duster is all utility and only people with specific emphasis on that parameter alone will love the Duster. Anybody else who has any further expectations will be in for a rude shock/ disappointment. I have clocked 16500 Kms on my Duster thus far and I'm still smiling end to end despite the hiccups I have faced.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 12:23   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
- "Regarding the booking with Rs.50,000/- of the top end with leather - Renault Duster RXZ (O) which you had booked on first week of August 2012, asking for delivery mandatorily on Feb 2013 model. I am writing this mail to inform you that there are certain changes on the model you have booked in terms of pricing and features. Firstly the model will be getting an in dash navigation system and prices is on road Rs 1493199.00. The delivery may happen towards the last week of February or the March. Request you to call me."
In this case since you have specifically asked for a Feb 2013 delivery, I believe that Renault is justified in canceling the price protection. Assuming that the dealer otherwise has the car for immediate delivery with price protection. If so, I suggest you take the vehicle immediately with price protection. Am sure that you can find a suitable parking until February.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:33   #1947

Re: Renault Duster 2013: Changes worth the new price? Or shall I cancel it?

Need your help and advice to how to proceed.

This is the mail I got from Renault dealer yesterday:
"Regarding the booking with Rs.50,000/- of the top end with leather - Renault Duster RXZ (O) which you had booked on first week of August 2012, asking for delivery mandatorily on Feb 2013 model. I am writing this mail to inform you that there are certain changes on the model you have booked in terms of pricing and features. Firstly the model will be getting an in dash navigation system and prices is on road Rs 1493199.00. The delivery may happen towards the last week of February or the March. Request you to call me.

My first reaction is:
I booked the Duster for February delivery as I am shifting to a new house which could accomodate parking for Duster too and to get the Feb 2013 model Duster (not Dec/Jan make). Now:
1) Is the new features or change worth paying for? Checked the net and couldn't find any information => Will there be a Automatic Climate Control, will there be better Leather seating,Reverse Camera, Mapmyindia doesnot cost as much as the 50k increase they have mentioned here. So what is in store?

2) All bookings before Aug 28,2012 should get a price protection from the Rs.40,000/- increase announced later in 2012. Shouldn't I get this benefit? (I am ready to pay for the extra pricing increase for the new features introduced in 2013 model)

Please help.
Old 19th January 2013, 13:52   #1948
BHPian

Cowboy - To clarify has Renault delayed your Aug 2012 booking to Feb 2013 or did you ask for it?

IMHO It will be a tad unrealistic to expect price protection if you intentionally delayed delivery for your own personal reasons.

But the upside is with Ecosport launching soon you have a possibility of evaluating it before moving forward with Duster. It could be cheaper and perhaps better, certainly feels like a more modern package.

The customised in-dash navigation units cost around 40-50k from dealers, these are brands like Caska, Megaaudio. The Renault fitted one will definitely be preferable.

Last edited by raul : 19th January 2013 at 13:55.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 16:28   #1949
BHPian

The rear AC condenser unit in RXZ(O) is acting as a sore thumb to many potential consumers and owners alike. If this is the case, how about removing that unit altogether and shut off the plumbing? Its known that Duster's front vents are powerful enough for the job.

So how about do some extra floor mat after the removal and reclaim your space and be happy?

Possible?
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 17:29   #1950

Great!!! Finally its out officially. Reanult has increased the prices of new deliveries http://www.renault.co.in/cars/Duster/Price.html and they are not giving prive protection for the bookings done after August 31st.

It says, the price rise is because of new tax imposed by gvernment on steel, Renault is not taking the blame.
Phukan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks