Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 18:54   #1951
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan View Post
Great!!! Finally its out officially. Reanult has increased the prices of new deliveries http://www.renault.co.in/cars/Duster/Price.html and they are not giving prive protection for the bookings done after August 31st.

It says, the price rise is because of new tax imposed by gvernment on steel, Renault is not taking the blame.
Well this is bad news for many potential buyers. I guess a February launch for Eco-Sport might be perfect timing for Ford (if they do launch in Feb with competitive pricing)
Renault is sure to lose a lot of potential customers to Ford post Eco-Sport launch.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 19th January 2013 at 18:56.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:12   #1952
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Great suggestion I think. If only these manufacturers took Fora like ours seriously enough as "consumer feedback".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
The rear AC condenser unit in RXZ(O) is acting as a sore thumb to many potential consumers and owners alike. If this is the case, how about removing that unit altogether and shut off the plumbing? Its known that Duster's front vents are powerful enough for the job.

So how about do some extra floor mat after the removal and reclaim your space and be happy?

Possible?
Old 19th January 2013, 19:31   #1953
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The rear AC condenser unit in RXZ(O) is acting as a sore thumb to many potential consumers and owners alike. If this is the case, how about removing that unit altogether and shut off the plumbing? Its known that Duster's front vents are powerful enough for the job.

So how about do some extra floor mat after the removal and reclaim your space and be happy?

Possible?
Possible.

But doing this will possibly void warranty. So I'd yank it out once warranty expires. But then again, I'd be used to it by then and I'd probably leave it alone.
Old 19th January 2013, 20:32   #1954

>>Cowboy - To clarify has Renault delayed your Aug 2012 booking to Feb 2013 or did you ask for it?

Nope. When I gave the booking on August 1, I had specifically booked for February 2012 delivery only. My query is to check, as Renault has stated that to reward the initial bookings made before August 28, they will not charge the 40,000/- price increase. Hence the query.

BTW, any information available on what is in store for the 15lakhs on the road?
Old 19th January 2013, 20:38   #1955
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Possible.
True.

The other point to note :

- Mostly we drive with 1 or 2. The problem would arise only once in a while .
- But thats when it bites the most !
- The RXL 110(O) would have been the best.
- Not sure why Renault is imposing this on customers. The choice of engine and the bigger accessories should be provided to the buyer.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 21:46   #1956
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 2013: Changes worth the new price? Or shall I cancel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Ok, Here's my 2 cents on the issue. ........The only thing going for the Duster is the ride quality and the handling quality. If city driving is your main criteria, ride and handling quality do not matter much, due to traffic.
.........I will still go for the Duster as my usage is very Duster specific and am happily married.
Duster is all utility and only people with specific emphasis on that parameter alone will love the Duster. Anybody else who has any further expectations will be in for a rude shock/ disappointment. I have clocked 16500 Kms on my Duster thus far and I'm still smiling end to end despite the hiccups I have faced.
I'll second that. I haven't put on so many miles like Neil because I've had a major problem with the car and it has been in and out of the the service center during the first two months. Now that the problem is solved I'm back to driving it happily.

Yes, I love my Duster despite all it's quirks and headaches. There is no car you can compare it to, running on our roads now. When the Ecosport does come it might just be something that may take off a bit of sheen from the Duster. I don't care. I got this car for a purpose and it serves me well.

New cars will come and go but if you buy a car for a particular reason you should be happy with it. The Duster is VFM, drives like no other car, frugal with fuel if you drive it within its capabilities. I'm sure the service is bound to improve gradually.

I love my Duster and as someone said. In a marriage, there is no perfect mate. You learn to live together and adjust as you go along.

That applies to any car.......
woodcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 01:00   #1957
BHPian

I think the folks who got it earlier perhaps paid a 50k more, and Ecosport was not an option. It was digestible, given what the Duster brings to the table, and lack of alternatives.

Now the Duster is overpriced - 14.5 for the RXZ is beyond too much.

The Ecosport could have a attractive launch price. It looks like a modern package both exteriors and interiors, folks have seen it speeding along at 150 plus so its capable. Its only the handling, ride quality and interior space that need to be seen.

Ultimately with in an overpriced market its only competition that can gives buyers value.
Old 20th January 2013, 06:41   #1958
BHPian

Many of us speaking about over pricing of Duster. Given the Indian auto market scenario, almost all the cars are over priced. I am sure, Ecosport will also going to be over priced. There is no doubt about it.
Old 20th January 2013, 08:05   #1959
BHPian

Duster can be still considered an VFM, as it's ride quality for a 200+mm ground clearance vehicle cant' be compared with anything else in the market at that price range. That's were the Duster scores big time.

Even with a much higher CG, it drives like a car. To get that mechanically civilized package unlike its competition, u got to pay the asking price which unfortunately crosses that mind barrier which we had built up from a long time.

Its sad there won't be any price protection for the latest revision. That's a bummer for Renault. But its bound to pipe down wen the competition heats up in the new-found prized segment. I for one can wait to gather enough dough to bring her home whenever its time as its the package I'm smitten by.

Duster would've gone the nano(a very good package in my opinion) way if it was branded as the cheapest SUV in the scene. It doesn't work that way in India. Not yet.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:30   #1960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
Many of us speaking about over pricing of Duster. Given the Indian auto market scenario, almost all the cars are over priced. I am sure, Ecosport will also going to be over priced. There is no doubt about it.
Sorry, but I have been noticing your posts for a week. You seem desperate to justify your decision to buy a Duster. You have been consistently trying to find faults with rest of the products and hail Duster.

You really don't have to do it Sir. It's your choice what car you want to buy. You don't have to find faults with other cars for defend your choice.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 11:37   #1961
BHPian

Is soft copy of Duster India owner/user/driver manual available on the net?

I tried finding it but couldn't. User manual of Duster in US is available on their US website though. Wonder why can't it be made available on India website.
Old 20th January 2013, 12:22   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, but I have been noticing your posts for a week. You seem desperate to justify your decision to buy a Duster. You have been consistently trying to find faults with rest of the products and hail Duster.

You really don't have to do it Sir. It's your choice what car you want to buy. You don't have to find faults with other cars for defend your choice.
You may be right. . But, my point is, when the faults of Duster are posted, I need to convince myself by comparing the other cars which are having same or more disadvantages, which I read from this forum and also in Web. It is natural.
Old 20th January 2013, 13:14   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...But, my point is, when the faults of Duster are posted, I need to convince myself by comparing the other cars which are having same or more disadvantages, which I read from this forum and also in Web. It is natural.
That's a wrong way to get into an ownership. The faults mentioned actually helps you set your expectations right about the product. If you are prepared, you will NOT be frustrated when you experience those niggles/faults as you are already aware of it.

And I suggest, rather than finding out what is NOT good about other products, think about those good things in Duster. It does have some USP and relate those with your real life driving. You will be happier about your choice.

I dislike the product, but that stems more out of the fact how the company has chosen to behave & treat Indian customers. As a product, I do NOT have much against it (it does NOT suit my needs), rather appreciate the slick gear shifts (better than my Swift), ride quality, handling. If the car is yet to be delivered, I suggest you take more TDs and get a much better feel of the actual product.

Last but not the least, Congrats on your choice & wish you miles of happy & safe motoring.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th January 2013 at 13:16.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 19:06   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Duster can be still considered an VFM, as it's ride quality for a 200+mm ground clearance vehicle cant' be compared with anything else in the market at that price range. That's were the Duster scores big time.

Even with a much higher CG, it drives like a car. To get that mechanically civilized package unlike its competition, u got to pay the asking price which unfortunately crosses that mind barrier which we had built up from a long time.

Quote:
You may be right. . But, my point is, when the faults of Duster are posted, I need to convince myself by comparing the other cars which are having same or more disadvantages, which I read from this forum and also in Web. It is natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a wrong way to get into an ownership. The faults mentioned actually helps you set your expectations right about the product. If you are prepared, you will NOT be frustrated when you experience those niggles/faults as you are already aware of it.

And I suggest, rather than finding out what is NOT good about other products, think about those good things in Duster........
I dislike the product, but that stems more out of the fact how the company has chosen to behave & treat Indian customers. ........I suggest you take more TDs and get a much better feel of the actual product.

Last but not the least, Congrats on your choice & wish you miles of happy & safe motoring.
Phew.....what lot of dust the Duster is raising.

SandyX is right. It is VFM. You don't get a better ride in any car on any road. I've driven it on four lanes and in places where there are no roads. You just can't beat its road manners.

vkesavan, I think swiftnfurious has a point. If you were planning to buy a new car, it would better to look at the positives. Every car has its faults both individually and as a model. If I were to complain, I could have trashed Renault and the Duster. You are aware of the major problem I had with the water leaks. It's rectified and the matter is closed. Renault has to improve their customer handling but I feel half the problem is in their dealerships & service centers. I'm sure they will improve.

I love my Duster. I had been waiting for something like this because the other cars I own will not take me to places a Duster will take me to. Of course, could have got a 20-30 Lakh SUV with 4WD option but I'd be reluctant to take such an expensive car to Anamudi Shola or some such place. Duster fits my budget and does not clean out my wallet. Tell me which other SUV can match that.

I have maintained all through that the Duster is 'incomparable'. It simply is a stand alone product with nothing for comparison, at least till the Ecosport comes. I still think the Ecosport too should not be compared to the Duster. The boot is HUGE in the Duster but I'm not sure if the boot in the Ecosport even half the size of the Duster's. The pic in the Ford website says "Great trunk space to carry your world along" but fails to mention the capacity. The rear seat seems folded forward to make the boot 'large'

The Ford Brazil website says 362 liters expandable to 705 with seats folded down. Compare this to the Duster's 475 liters & 1064 liters with seats down!

I have this habit of noting down my requirements for buying a car (besides space in the garage). Then I try to find a vehicle to fit into that criteria. If you keep looking at faults, you'll be disappointed because no car comes without faults, unless they are priced some 40 lakhs or more!

I assure you, if you have decided on the Duster for certain merits, you'll not regret your decision. There are few thousand Duster owners who will vouch for that.

Happy driving....or Happy Dusting

Last edited by woodcrawler : 20th January 2013 at 19:20. Reason: To add link to Ford Brazil website & boot capacity of Ecosport
woodcrawler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 19:28   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
vkesavan, I think swiftnfurious has a point. If you were planning to buy a new car, it would better to look at the positives. Every car has its faults both individually and as a model. If I were to complain, I could have trashed Renault and the Duster. You are aware of the major problem I had with the water leaks. It's rectified and the matter is closed. Renault has to improve their customer handling but I feel half the problem is in their dealerships & service centers. I'm sure they will improve.
Thanks woodcrawler and swiftnfurious for throwing more light on Duster . Infact I read this thread in its entirety before I went for booking it on 8th Dec, 12, and now waiting for delivery, in March, 13. Unless, you fell in love with it so strongly, you wont vouch for it. I understood it clearly. The positives you mentioned like boot space etc are suitable for me too. Only after considering applicability of all pros and cons of Duster to me, I decided to go for it. So no regrets at all.

Last edited by vskesavan : 20th January 2013 at 19:37.
vskesavan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks