Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:45   #2251
BHPian

Was checking the prices and different types of underbody anti rust treatments for my Duster and came across a thread where somebody has quoted that for new cars it is not needed. So my questions are
1) has anybody got this treatment done for their Dusters? (My guess is that it is definitely needed)
2) is it true that it may not be needed in new cars? Do new cars come with a company coated underbelly?
3) I am being quoted 2.5 k for this job. The brand/material would be Wurth. Is it a reasonable price? Or have people got it done cheaper?

This is a local workshop which has given me this quote.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 21:35   #2252
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Had one observation to make - tire pressure makes a lot of difference in the decibel level of the rattles in my duster. Hadn't observed this in other cars. If the tire pressure is higher than the recommended psi, intentionally or unintentionally (due to faulty pressure gauge), the noise of rattles increases significantly.

With the tire pressure at 29 or even 30, some of the rattles almost disappear.

Last edited by snkjr : 5th April 2013 at 21:37. Reason: added last line.
Old 6th April 2013, 07:25   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Had one observation to make - tire pressure makes a lot of difference in the decibel level of the rattles in my duster. Hadn't observed this in other cars. If the tire pressure is higher than the recommended psi, intentionally or unintentionally (due to faulty pressure gauge), the noise of rattles increases significantly.

With the tire pressure at 29 or even 30, some of the rattles almost disappear.
I would agree to this...although I have not checked the pressure more recently, but there was a perceptible decrease once I had got the pressure reduced to 30/28.
Anything higher makes the ride feel bumpier
Old 6th April 2013, 08:47   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
Was checking the prices and different types of underbody anti rust treatments for my Duster and came across a thread where somebody has quoted that for new cars it is not needed. So my questions are
1) has anybody got this treatment done for their Dusters? (My guess is that it is definitely needed)
2) is it true that it may not be needed in new cars? Do new cars come with a company coated underbelly?
3) I am being quoted 2.5 k for this job. The brand/material would be Wurth. Is it a reasonable price? Or have people got it done cheaper?

This is a local workshop which has given me this quote.

Thanks
I got my RxZ 110D under chasis anti-rust 3M coating done before I took delivery of the vehicle. May be the dealer price was more (Rs5100) but I was advised that the best effect was when you get the same done before it gets more miles on the odo. It came with 5 year warranty.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 22:45   #2255
BHPian

Hi Friends

With the heat picking up in Mumbai, the A/C performance is coming under serious questions. I had a run on highway of approx 200 KM in afternoon and had to keep the fan speed at 3 to make the heat coming from windscreen bearable.
Today had the a/c filter cleaned and air temp coming from vent checked at service center. The digital thermometer showed a reading of 6 deg C. Is that good enough? Any comparable data from any other car?
Old 6th April 2013, 23:29   #2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Friends

With the heat picking up in Mumbai, the A/C performance is coming under serious questions. I had a run on highway of approx 200 KM in afternoon and had to keep the fan speed at 3 to make the heat coming from windscreen bearable.
Today had the a/c filter cleaned and air temp coming from vent checked at service center. The digital thermometer showed a reading of 6 deg C. Is that good enough? Any comparable data from any other car?
Have you checked the transparent sun flims that are now available even for the front windscreen. It cost me around 2000 bucks but the Sun here at Gujarat does not burn away my skin from the front windscreen anymore. Our last highway trip of 250 kms during the day was comfotable with AC knob placed at 2.
Phukan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 12:30   #2257
BHPian

AC is a problem. Once the temp crosses 40 in Delhi; I am sure it will be really inadequate.

On another note, does anyone know of a reliable air compressor?
I was thinking of giving up on filling air at petrol stations forever !
You never know when their equipment was calibrated last...
Old 7th April 2013, 21:34   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Friends

One must seriously consider consider some kind of sun screen - films, removeable shades, static peels.... that's a must to
improve aircon efficiency.CR70 is highly commended because it is transparent but shuts out the heat well. Yes it is pricy,
it can set one back by 20 grand plus.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:09   #2259
BHPian

Howdy everyone? I kind of went into hibernation due to a mix of official/personal priorities.

So I have done 11K now and my second service is tomorrow. Just when I thought everything was going fine, Summer came in and boy do I have a problem? I dont know if my AC has gone kaput or it is exceptionally hot this summer or the lack of sun films is causing havoc but the end result is it is next to impossible to feel comfortable inside the car during afternoons. Even with AC running at 4th speed it doesnt get cold enough to be in the comfort zone. And I am guessing if this is the case in Bangalore with 35 degrees, what on god's green earth might be happening in cities like Chennai and Delhi?

Any other similar experiences?
Old 8th April 2013, 17:12   #2260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Any thing to do with the Air Filter? Do check it out at the service. That might be the culprit.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:37   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any thing to do with the Air Filter? Do check it out at the service. That might be the culprit.
How is your AC performing this Bangalore summer Ampere?
Have you installed any kind of sun-films/shades?
Old 8th April 2013, 17:44   #2262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
None. No sunfilms. I don't venture out in peak afternoons. But during peak after noon times on the highways its quite OK. I have never gone above fan speed of 2.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 19:16   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Sunfilms are now illegal (huge drive in Mumbai to remove them along with fines)
Old 8th April 2013, 22:27   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravee_nk View Post
CR70 is highly commended because it is transparent but shuts out the heat well. Yes it is pricy,
it can set one back by 20 grand plus.
Hi ravee_nk

I had checked with 3M Thane and they have quoted 7600 (inclusive of taxes) for CR70 with a (verbal) assurance that they will reimburse the cost if cops remove this film. Garware for there best film (50% heat protection) is 3200/-.

Still contemplating, but have to install film for sure.
Old 8th April 2013, 22:30   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Howdy everyone? I kind of went into hibernation due to a mix of official/personal priorities.

Hey Suchit, Good to have you back.

A/C is a concern already in Mumbai. But do have your a/c filter cleaned etc during the service tomorrow.

What you are reporting is quite extreme actually. I can live with knob on 2 for most parts and sometimes moving to 3

Rohit
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks