Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:40   #2431
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Check out this video posted by Rahul Banker, drifting a Duster (85 RXL (O) I assume)

Old 23rd May 2013, 19:30   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Check out this video posted by Rahul Banker, drifting a Duster (85 RXL (O) I assume)

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wG_LKF6EA
One of the most lame videos that i have watched. That's not drifting.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 19:43   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post

I have one question to all the Duster owners, here in Bangalore(not sure if its there everywhere as well), Showrooms are providing mats for Duster which they call as 4D, whereas outside there are only 3D mats available. After looking at both the mats I couldn't find out much difference between them, and since 3D mats which costs 6K are just double than the 4D mats which are costing 3K, my question is; Is it a good buy?

Considering I read on one of the thread that 3D Kagu mats were spoiled within a year, if these mats last anything more than 6 months, I would consider it as a plus.

So please suggest me, whether its a good buy or not?
Answering my own question here:

I checked both the mats, first went to trident and got those 4d mats fitted, but I couldn't see them for even a minute and I asked the dealer to take those off instantly.

Later got the 3d Mary's fitted and they just fitted like they were meant for duster.

So, in my opinion wasting 3K for 4d Mats is not worth.
Old 25th May 2013, 22:59   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
One of the most lame videos that i have watched. That's not drifting.
More like an emergency stop! The mildest 'drift' I would say, pretty tough to drift a fwd, and using the handbrakes is not really fun, but even that would require a controlled exit to be called a drift.
Old 26th May 2013, 06:22   #2435
Senior - BHPian

With the ECOSPORT coming in, its good for real DUSTER lovers, the vehicle is bound to get cheaper and available off-the-shelf. Also, it will give RENAULT a chance to catch their breath if sales slow down, they have been running on full-throttle for too long
Old 26th May 2013, 08:58   #2436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
With the ECOSPORT coming in, its good for real DUSTER lovers, the vehicle is bound to get cheaper and available off-the-shelf. Also, it will give RENAULT a chance to catch their breath if sales slow down, they have been running on full-throttle for too long
The main positive I hope is to catch with Ecosport, Renault will hopeful make the inetriors a bit more upmarket. They have already put a new touch screen. But again the whole thing has to be carefully thought about. Because I do hope price cut may not just due to Ecosport, but to make space for the Nissan version of Duster. They might bring it back to introductory pricing and introduce the Nissan Duster at the current Renault Duster pricing.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:52   #2437
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy Pics: Duster Facelift caught testing in Spain;

Renault Duster : Official Review-spyshotsdacialaunchingfaceliftfordustersuv601867.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-spyshotsdacialaunchingfaceliftfordustersuvmedium_5.jpg

Exterior;

The new Duster is expected to get fresh headlights, grille and bumpers at front with new tail lights and smaller changes to the rear bumper.

Interior;

Inside is expected to remain the same, the only additional feature the new Duster is likely to be fitted with is cruise control.

Expected Launch: Frankfurt Motor Show (September 2013)

Source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...suv-60186.html

Last edited by karan561 : 28th May 2013 at 12:06.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 14:12   #2438
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any updates on the 4x4 version? I need one badly !!!
Old 28th May 2013, 14:23   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the interiors. It can actually steal some Sedan buyers by better quality. For the driver who is mostly inside the car, its a big let down.
Old 30th May 2013, 13:21   #2440
BHPian

Would one of the lucky Duster owners be kind enough to enlighten me on the driving limitations during the break-in period for a 110PS Diesel? I am planning to pick up one up in a few weeks and drive from Cochin to Bangalore almost immediately afterwards. Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 14:51   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Would one of the lucky Duster owners be kind enough to enlighten me on the driving limitations during the break-in period for a 110PS Diesel? I am planning to pick up one up in a few weeks and drive from Cochin to Bangalore almost immediately afterwards. Thanks
No limitations. Please keep the speed to a max of 110 kmph, rpm sub 2k. While driving in traffic, switch to lower
gear if you find engine power inadequate. Otw it is fun as I found driving to Coimbatore from Blore in the first week.
Please enjoy! Cheers
Old 30th May 2013, 15:16   #2442
BHPian

Renault looks to be moving the same way what HM (Ambassador) of yester years did, making minimal changes in Grill / Some lamps from version to version. Things will be okay as long as the market is how it is today.
Old 30th May 2013, 16:26   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Renault looks to be moving the same way what HM (Ambassador) of yester years did, making minimal changes in Grill / Some lamps from version to version. Things will be okay as long as the market is how it is today.
Duster is only a year old product . How much more changes are you expecting ? Look at Toyota Etios upgrades where they keep painting that same dash again and again.

All manufacturers go for complete upgrade only after 4-5 years isnt it ? Same with Honda city or Maruti who is a master of putting stickers and calling all new

I am sure Renault is waiting for Ford to announce the pricing for EcoSport and the impact on duster and decide on the refresh/goodies that come with the car.

My Brother in law is getting his black duster this weekend. Eagerly awaiting
Old 30th May 2013, 22:07   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
And which car maker does not do that? Most popular M800, Honda City's of all previous gens, Corollas...you name them. India is yet to become a market where every model is updated significantly every year. And frankly, if I was a car manufacturer, that's what I would as well. Mid cycle upgrades are meant to be these, and as mentioned by others as well, do not happen few months after launch.
Old 30th May 2013, 23:24   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
All manufacturers go for complete upgrade only after 4-5 years isnt it ..
but, i feel the Duster offer in some of the markets may be more "attractive".. they could offer those looks, atleast as options? The Indian Duster is, IMHO, too much "bling".. I like the more understated look with more black in the grill etc... But, then again the Duster is a "low cost" vehicle..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks