Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 00:27   #2446
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Interior;

Inside is expected to remain the same, the only additional feature the new Duster is likely to be fitted with is cruise control.
Not sure if the facelift Duster might get the 7 seater option. (Foldable seats in the last row). Checked out one of the youtube videos where this can be added to compete with Maruti Ertiga. Any updates on this?
Old 31st May 2013, 06:57   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
but, i feel the Duster offer in some of the markets may be more "attractive".. they could offer those looks, atleast as options? The Indian Duster is, IMHO, too much "bling".. I like the more understated look with more black in the grill etc... But, then again the Duster is a "low cost" vehicle..
In all those countries its known as Dacia duster hence that grill. In India they feel just the renault logo makes it premium.

Cruise control will be welcome addition since its not offered at this price range. Hope they offer in the option pack as well
Old 31st May 2013, 07:12   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Cruise control will be welcome addition since its not offered at this price range. Hope they offer in the option pack as well
Not in an SUV, yes, but the New Fiesta does have cruise control
Old 31st May 2013, 10:09   #2449
BHPian

Wouldn't you need a Auto box for the Cruise Control?
Old 31st May 2013, 12:58   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Wouldn't you need a Auto box for the Cruise Control?
Not necessary, XUV does have it and it comes without an auto box. Makes more sense with an automatic but can work with a manual as well.
Old 31st May 2013, 21:23   #2451
BHPian

Just took a test drive of the top 110PS model yesterday. Was a 2012 model and without touchscreen navigation system.
Some observations :
Pros
1) Care is huge, no doubt.
2) Seating is comfortable, excellent viewing position.
3) Gear shift quite smooth, nice to have 6 forward gears!
4) Very short test drive, in traffic. Ride and handling was good though, car like.
5) Steering was good but not as nice as my SX4.
6) Did not get much chance to accelerate, but pickup seems good too.
7) Back seat leg room was acceptable even for my height (6'2").
8) Super duper boot space.

Cons
1) Found the clutch to be quite hard compared to SX4 (ZXi). The executive said this is since it was a test car.
2) Brakes not as effective as our SX4 or Punto. But still good. Much better than the Sunny we had tested 6 months back.
3) The wheel arches really protrude out, can see in the OVRM. Have to be much more careful.
4) Rear aircon really blocking 5th passenger legroom.

Liked the car quite a lot but probably won't think of it over a sedan.
Old 31st May 2013, 22:18   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
7) Back seat leg room was acceptable even for my height (6'2").

Cons
1) Found the clutch to be quite hard compared to SX4 (ZXi). The executive said this is since it was a test car.
2) Brakes not as effective as our SX4 or Punto. But still good. Much better than the Sunny we had tested 6 months back.

4) Rear aircon really blocking 5th passenger legroom.

Liked the car quite a lot but probably won't think of it over a sedan.
7. I am 6'2" too but found the back seat leg room to be really low with my dad (5'11") in a comfortable driving position for him.

1. I too found the clutch hard - but liveable.
2. Brakes OK - better than XUV, for example.
4. Yes, it is really a 4 seater, not 5.
Old 1st June 2013, 16:33   #2453
BHPian

Confirmed news, Renault has terminated dealership with Austin Motors(Renault Austin), kolkata due to malpractices in car allocation and prices.
Unconfirmed reports of the dealership going to Dulichand Motors on EM bypass.
Duster owners from Kolkata, please refrain from servicing you car at the same delearship.
Potential buyers and customers with bookings, please call up Renault directly for more information.
Old 1st June 2013, 19:15   #2454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Confirmed news, Renault has terminated dealership with Austin Motors(Renault Austin), kolkata due to malpractices in car allocation and prices.
Was this as a part of customer feedback that they realised this issue ? If yes, then very good.
Old 1st June 2013, 21:02   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Was this as a part of customer feedback that they realised this issue ? If yes, then very good.
Could be. I was having a problem with my dealer and sent in an email complaint to Renault, India. They called me back promptly and obtained details and said they would discuss with the dealer. Next day the dealer sent me an email stating they have resolved my issue.
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:47   #2456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Could be. I was having a problem with my dealer and sent in an email complaint to Renault, India. They called me back promptly and obtained details and said they would discuss with the dealer. Next day the dealer sent me an email stating they have resolved my issue.
Are you referring to the dealer in Bangalore? (Since I see your location states as Bangalore). If thats the case, as per what I have seen, the dealer seems to be quite prompt. But of course we do need to do that regular follow-up too.
Old 2nd June 2013, 09:15   #2457
BHPian

The dealer I was having problems with is in Kochi. My visit to the dealer in Bangalore for a test drive was pleasant.
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:57   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Nice move by Renault. Dealers are directly connected with end-users, having good and honest dealers are very important for any OEMs. Renault should learn from alliance partner Nissan's experience. Even, Chennai dealer is not so good, they do lot of malpractices, I had experienced it personally. Having the best car is not enough, the customer service should be taken care otherwise, it is opportunity lost for the new comer.

As a customer, I appreciate Renault's moves to address the issues raised in Team-bhp. I believe my Duster will be taken care by car manufacturer.
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:04   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
How much do they charge for this service?
My Friday's appt got pushed to April as this was a year end and many cars to deliver it seems :(
Sorry for the late reply. They did not charge, though they told me that Rs. 250 was applicable. They dropped my car 50 KMs away (maraimalainagar/mahindra world city) from service center.
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:38   #2460
BHPian

A quick question. How good is the jack which comes along with Duster? Is there a better after market product which should be considered? Would appreciate any suggestions. Tnx n cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks