Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:31   #2626
BHPian

Did dampening of doors reduced road noise at high speed

The high speed road noise is very high after 120.

Btw, I haven't seen any issue with my duster which is at 14K
Old 3rd July 2013, 07:48   #2627
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Did dampening of doors reduced road noise at high speed

The high speed road noise is very high after 120.

Btw, I haven't seen any issue with my duster which is at 14K
It does not help isolate the noise. It only makes the door feel heavier.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:29   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hi. Can other Duster owner help with figuring out the stock?

1. When playing from my USB, when the engine is turned off, some times it starts back from where it left off, some times it starts from the beginning. Is there a method to this madness?

2. Is there anyway to Pause the music while playing from the USB?

TIA
Hi bdman,

Some answers:
1) Usually the USB is played from where it left off. It may start at the beginning in case the memory stick/pen drive is reinserted or if it is loose. You might want to check that...
2) Simple - either switch to radio or hit the mute button. In both cases the USB music is paused

Trust that helps
Cheers!
Clouseau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:22   #2629
BHPian

I took a TD of Duster today. All my dream wrt this car came crushing down to earth.

- I had requested the TD of 85PS but the guy came with 110PS model (From Andheri Showroom).

- The vehicle wasnt registered and was carrying a TC plate.

- The odo was at 16000+ when asked about he said they dont register the vehicle later they sell the vehicle and get good price as the vehicle gets registered for first owner.

- The masking on the gear lever well was missing. When asked he said sir nikal gaya hai.

- The front driver door lock was missing. When asked he said sir toot gaya hai.

- The vehicle was totally shabby and the inside cabin looked to me like a real deal breaker.

- The clutch was so hard that when I asked him about that he said sir vehicle is due for servicing. Dont know how these two are related.

- The car wasnt pulling even over 3500+ rpm. Mind you this was a 110PS.

I just spent 15 mins with the vehicle and concluded saying if you can bring 85PS do let me know. He said will check and let me know.

Looking at the interiors I felt my Santro cabin looks better. God knows who sends such vehicles for TD. This was mainly because it wasnt maintained well I guess.

I am now seriously rethinking my decision even to take this deal further.

Owners please help me to decide on buying.

Thanks
geekyengineer.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th July 2013 at 06:57.
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:49   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
I took a TD of Duster today. All my dream wrt this car came crushing down to earth.
Looking at the interiors I felt my Santro cabin looks better. God knows who sends such vehicles for TD. This was mainly because it wasnt maintained well I guess.

I am now seriously rethinking my decision even to take this deal further.

So, your set expectations were not fulfilled by the Test Drive car? hmmmm.
Will just suggest you to take a proper new car test drive! (and yes, of the variant you wish to go for!)
If that is a bit tough - try taking a look at a properly maintained Duster (preferably belonging to someone you know), that way you might get to know the "secrets" of it too!

@the car not being serviced & the clutch being hard-er
they could be related- cause & effect ?
The clutch might be abused badly - might have lost it's setting - may need some attention
+ consider the fact, that as reported - the clutch on the 110 is indeed a calf-workout-grade-hard.

Forming an opinion based on a bad (as described) Test drive vehicle - is too hasty, in my humble opinion.

Ace.
driverace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:00   #2631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- 110 clutch is known to be hard. 85 is much smoother compared to it
- 110 I think pulls after 1800/2000 rpm on wards. 3500 ? Surely something is wrong
- Shabby interiors ? They definitely are not all that. Care is needed however.
- To get an impression of the 85, you need to drive the 85. Its a whole lot different than 110.
- In fact I wanted an 85. I did not even TD the 110.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:02   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
If you call the Duster cramped, then you will need to crawl into the Ecosport. It is much smaller than the Duster and is at best a 4 seater

The Duster space is better that most sedans. With the curved roof most of the modern sedans feel cramped in the rear.

Cheers

KPS
I agree, it is a crawl in ecosport, but that doesnt undermine my earlier comment on duster space. And duster having more space than sedans, you may want to check out honda city, and if duster is in comparison even verna has better space.
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:15   #2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Was the cramped space because of the rear AC tower? If yes, try the version without the tower. You can add other features as accessories. But if fit and finish is a let down, that is a different track altogether.
I had TDed city and verna before checking out duster, on the same day. Apparently the space ergonomics is pathetic for 10+ lakh car irrespective of that tower in addition to poor fit & material.
Old 4th July 2013, 00:02   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
Hi bdman,

Some answers:
1) Usually the USB is played from where it left off. It may start at the beginning in case the memory stick/pen drive is reinserted or if it is loose. You might want to check that...
2) Simple - either switch to radio or hit the mute button. In both cases the USB music is paused

Trust that helps
Cheers!
1. USB is erratic -- it does not pick up where is left off and restarts from the begining. and there is no loose connection. Are other folks having the same problem? I can have Renault look into it at first service.

2. Yes, the Mute button on the hands free does Pause the USB. (I thought it just Muted the sound)
Old 4th July 2013, 00:08   #2635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Yes, the Mute button on the hands free does Pause the USB. (I thought it just Muted the sound)
I have never used the USB connection as a flash drive. If you use an ipod nano/touch/classic, I would say use. It works seamlessly under all conditions.
Never had any problems with it.
Old 4th July 2013, 18:44   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
I just spent 15 mins with the vehicle and concluded saying if you can bring 85PS do let me know. He said will check and let me know.

Thanks
geekyengineer.
Similar experience I had. When I requested TD first time, they had brought 110 PS (with hard clutch, that too I was using a petrol vehicle which had very smooth clutch), I had changed my mind and postponed my decision. Then, I went to Showroom personally, and picked 85PS, felt the difference. The clutch was better than 110PS and it was surprised me while taking "U" turn (with less width road, I was able space some space!!!), turning radius is same, but I did not try during my first TD. I got convinced and booked 85PS. Later, to confirm my decision, I did TD more than 4 times (both 85 and 110), what else I could do, I was waiting more than 3.5 months!!!

I would suggest you to visit showroom and feel the vehicle when it is fresh (hope we will keep in that condition, at least we try!!!) and TD the correct vehicle.

Quote:
To me, while muting the audio, "Pause" makes more sense than shutting voice. You can start listening the song where you had left.

However, in navigation, if you mute, it shuts the voice.
ssmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 19:02   #2637
BHPian

Reagring the USB starting all over again when the engine is shut off, I think if I power down the radio and then the engine the rUSB seems to pick up where it left out. But, if I turn off the engine while the USB is still on, then it start all over again when engine is restarted. I am getting tired of listening to the first song on the USB drive over and over again.

The blue tooth seems to be a mess too. If you are on the phone, get into the car and start the engine, there seems to be no way to transfer the call over to the car. Is there? On my 2007 Bimmer, it would transfer automatically.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:15   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reagring the USB starting all over again when the engine is shut off, I think if I power down the radio and then the engine the rUSB seems to pick up where it left out. But, if I turn off the engine while the USB is still on, then it start all over again when engine is restarted. I am getting tired of listening to the first song on the USB drive over and over again.

The blue tooth seems to be a mess too. If you are on the phone, get into the car and start the engine, there seems to be no way to transfer the call over to the car. Is there? On my 2007 Bimmer, it would transfer automatically.
Junk the OEM ICE if you can afford to. I got a Pioneer for 24K and it works like a beauty. I have added a reverse camera and a relay that allows me to use the original remote on the steering Worth the investment i assure you. The Bluetooth is fantastic, allows music streaming as well.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:37   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I got a Pioneer for 24K and it works like a beauty. I have added a reverse camera and a relay that allows me to use the original remote on the steering Worth the investment i assure you. The Bluetooth is fantastic, allows music streaming as well.
Please post a few frames of the Pioneer, is it a 2din?
Reverse camera, does it display on the 2din or you have a separate display for it?
The OEM BT is fine, infact it streams music too. I am most of the times on internet radio through BT while on the Duster.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:40   #2640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
The OEM BT is fine, infact it streams music too. I am most of the times on internet radio through BT while on the Duster.
Thanks for telling me that ! Never tried this part. For me distinctions were very clear. BT for Phone and IPODs for music and books.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks