Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 21:27   #2656
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

From the Duster Manual -

"The subframe of this vehicle is protected by products providing a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty."

So, I think Duster doesn't require anti rust treatment at least for first 6 years of ownership. Correct me if wrong.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:24   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post

2. The initial lot cars would be recalled soon for a re-fitment of the door beading. I'm sure a lot of u would have notices that the 2 ends of the door beading on all sides come and meet in the center of the door and within a few days these 2 ends start separating. The company had issued directives and the dealers are waiting for the door beading to be delivered before they can start calling in the cars for the fitment.

Has anyone else come across any other reasons that the company would be calling in the cars for changes?

Doc
I guess most of us would have noticed this beading issue.

Far more surprising is the fact that how did Renault/Dacia engineers miss these type of issues??? There aren't many; but they sure are persistent and widespread.
For the sake of convenience of the kind folks at Renault, I am gonna list them here: (other owners, feel free to add and keep it updated)
  1. RATTLING
  2. Stereo: FM reception and BT echo
  3. Spongy Brakes !
  4. AC water/ one-way valve
  5. Driver's seat railing/ free play
  6. -----
  7. -----
This model has been around for 3-4 years now, sold in considerable numbers and pretty much a bread earner for Renault India.
Could they not have fixed such silly issues before starting sales here in India??

anyways, I hope Renault can seriously bring some Quality improvement and get some issues resolved. They just have to look at their erstwhile partner M & M to learn a few things about customer service. M & M did manage to come out with a resolution of the top identified issues in their XUV. within a year of launch.

Continuing to what you asked Doc...
My SA did tell me a few months back that Renault has identified an issue with the Driver seat railing. (the seat becomes loose with time and there is a bit of play on turns etc)

From me: I would really hope that they do a major RCA and CAPA study on the Rattling Issues.
There are a lot of rattles from the front windows or is it doors? God knows..

It is driving me INSANE !!!

After spending nearly 9K KMS, this remains my absolute top grouse with this car.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 10:55   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I'm sure a lot of u would have notices that the 2 ends of the door beading on all sides come and meet in the center of the door and within a few days these 2 ends start separating.
Strange to hear that, in my case two end are still meeting and have not separated.
On a serious note, is Renault using a inferior quality bead now a days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
This model has been around for 3-4 years now, sold in considerable numbers and pretty much a bread earner for Renault India.
Could they not have fixed such silly issues before starting sales here in India??
Hi Buxx, surprised to see so many issues bothering you.
Should I consider myself lucky? May be mine was a first lot car which was built with care and no time constraint. The later lots with so much booking pressure suffered from negligence which is really sad.
  1. RATTLING : Have none.
  2. Stereo: FM reception and BT echo: Never was an issue for me.
  3. Spongy Brakes !: Mine are fantastic, try bleeding you brakes.
  4. AC water/ one-way valve: Never faced problems.
  5. Driver's seat railing/ free play: Did not happen to me.

After buying the Duster on 30 July, 2012, I have made 4 trips to Sikkim and all through extremely bad roads. This resulted in some door rattle. I managed to solve this permanently, hope this Link helps you.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 8th July 2013 at 11:17.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:35   #2659
BHPian

On the contrary, my passenger seat railing is very tight.
I currently have only one issue, the glove box light is not working. Need to get that checked.

The external odors creeping in issue, what can be done?
I have ensured the recirculation know is slotted into the correct position with the "click".
Old 8th July 2013, 11:58   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I currently have only one issue, the glove box light is not working. Need to get that checked.
You (may) have to switch-on "head-lights" to make your glow-box light to be ON. While I was doing PDI, the same question I had asked, the SA told me that my version (85 PS top-end) not having "glow-box" light, then I had switch ON head-light, the glow-box light also ON.

If that is not working, you may have to check the "fuse" or bulb.
Old 8th July 2013, 12:09   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmani View Post
You (may) have to switch-on "head-lights" to make your glow-box light to be ON. While I was doing PDI, the same question I had asked, the SA told me that my version (85 PS top-end) not having "glow-box" light, then I had switch ON head-light, the glow-box light also ON.

If that is not working, you may have to check the "fuse" or bulb.
I didn't know that. I have seen the light coming on but I don't remember if the headlight was on at that time.
I just assumed the light works every time I open the glove box, just like the light in the boot area.
I'll try it out in the evening. Thanks Mani.
Old 8th July 2013, 12:41   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Ironman launches suspension kit for the Duster

Renault Duster : Official Review-1053143_496389363764781_606039854_o.jpg

Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 13:14   #2663
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the duster, Diesel 110 PS RXz Option Pack, Pl. suggest me if this is a good option, I had booked the ecosport but thinking of cancelling that and booking duster.

Thanks
Srini
Old 8th July 2013, 13:18   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I just assumed the light works every time I open the glove box, just like the light in the boot area.
I'll try it out in the evening. Thanks Mani.
You are right, glove box lights up only when the side lights are switched on.

As for outside odour, you can check on it by asking someone to drive the car with the blower switched off and all windows rolled up. Light a incense stick and move it around the car to see where the smoke trail is getting disturbed, specially near the clutch, brake area or just below the glove box.
I am sure you will be able to solve this.
himadrimondal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 13:55   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the duster, Diesel 110 PS RXz Option Pack, Pl. suggest me if this is a good option, I had booked the ecosport but thinking of cancelling that and booking duster.

Thanks
Srini
How can anybody tell you if this is a good option or not unless we know what your requirements are? You say that you have already booked the ecosport but are now looking at the Duster. Lets start there. Why are you looking at the Duster if you already have an ecosport booking?
crazydave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 14:05   #2666
BHPian

I recently noticed there is a Glove Box Lamp but unfortunately its not functional in my car. As pointed out above, need to check with side lights on.

Also the cigarette lighter in the dashboard 12V Accessory Socket is a rattle source. If I remove lighter from the socket, there is no rattle.

Things to get checked during 1st service.

Last edited by austere_sly : 8th July 2013 at 14:08.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:29   #2667
BHPian

9 months and 9000km here on a RXZ 110, no door beading issues so far, there was a metallic rattle on front door driver side on delivery which got fixed next day.

There is a slight rattle on the front driver side door now and then, and its not metallic this time, but its inconsistent and slight, will address it in second service at 10k. Bluetooth echo is there, haven't got the firmware fix yet which supposedly fixed it. Not facing spongy brakes, AC water or driver seat issues.
Old 8th July 2013, 17:25   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
I had booked the ecosport but thinking of cancelling that and booking duster.
Thanks
Srini
Hi Srini, There are plenty of reviews on internet to compare these two, please spend some time on those. One of the website I would suggest is:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/renaul...enault-duster/

Go to the technical specification comparison (at the end), in every technical parameter Duster stands better, track width (higher the track width more the torsional stiffness), even height, lower is better for stability (CG will be lower, recall, sports car has low CG to avoid roll-over).

There are few drawbacks of Duster, most important is the "Cost". Gather as much information as possible, take your own decision.

Happy shopping!!!
Old 8th July 2013, 20:57   #2669
BHPian

I checked it out, and the glove box light comes on only if at least the parking lamps are switched on. Just like ssmani and himadrimondal pointed out.
That is a weird thing to do. Especially since the boot light comes on every time the boot door is opened (which is the correct approach).

Last edited by sumeshmani : 8th July 2013 at 21:13.
Old 9th July 2013, 00:17   #2670
BHPian

Has anyone tried to get a DRL of the following type installed onto their Duster:

Found this one on the following link.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2pcs-5...148650725.html
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-drl.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks