Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeshmani (Post 2853282)
If you plan to change the alloy wheels, then you will have to do it at a loss (because you are forced to take the alloys in option pack).

Hope i was not clear with my question. I was asking will the warranty gets affected if i take the RXE variant and customize as i wish with negative offset alloys and other bling items.

I got a call from showroom telling that my car has been dispached yesterday. It might reach on 28th. Hopefully can take the delivery on monday or tuesday. 6 dusters are coming in the first lot. Mine is a 110 rxl black. Will get back with more updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Roy
Back in the 80s there was a music video of the song by Michael Jackson called Liberian Girl. Cant help but comparing the wait for Delivery of Duster to the search of Michael Jackson in that Video.
"WHERE IS THE DUSTER?"
Iam hunting down my SA everyday to the point that he is starting to hide from me.
My bank is also asking me if I'm sure that the vehicle will be on road. What is Renault doing? Does anybody have any information? I'm yet to see any vehicles other that the demo vehicles on road. At least did anybody receive any allotment no. with VIN? Please share.

Your wait is about to get over,Delhi dealer has received a lot for delivery,but not sure when delivery gonna start.

For all Bhpian who have booked Duster.
Have they received any booking number or any sort of mail from the company.
I have booked on 8th July,but haven't received any type of confirmation.

@Driven Tweel:Looking forward for your Duster.Could be first one on TBhp.
Black is one of my favorite color,although hard to maintain but must for that gangsta look.

Ever since the Duster has been launched and i saw it in the showroom, its been in my mind that it looks very familiar to some other SUV.

Then it finally hit me yesterday, doesnt the rear end & front headlamps look just so similar to the Hyundai Tucson ?

Mods im not sure if this constitutes as going off topic but i just wanted to share this "moment" i had on a Friday evening 5 PM in office. You know that feeling when productivity is at the lowest & BHP is being refreshed every 30 seconds:D

cheers

Kundan

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL (Post 2853681)
I got a call from showroom telling that my car has been dispatched yesterday. It might reach on 28th. ..

You lucky fella! By the way, when did you book your Duster? It appears the TVS dealer in Calicut is prompt in updating the situation. My chappie in TVS, TVM is yet to respond with a date!

@Ksingh544 - that bit about the 5 PM interia on a weekend just before pack-up, is indeed a good one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderlover (Post 2852995)
Test drove both, the 85ps RXE and the 110ps RXZ(O). Can make th following observations based on my test drives:.....Hope my details were of help to those looking to buy one.

Thanks! That's a nice concise review + comparison of the 85 vs 110 versions. Possibly, all those operating in bumper-to-bumper or in hilly areas are likely to choose the 85 ps version and the highway types will choose the 110 ps version.

- by the way the driver's seat does have multiple positions (I don't recall how may positions were available)- one needs to lift one's weight off the seat and use the adjust lever. Could use it from the top position to shift down - its easier that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL (Post 2852932)
Not at all. Its noisy when compared to 110 which feels silent. About the engine feeling strained, gto had mentioned that its not nessesary that the engine has to strain just by sounding so. My point was in refference to 110bhp,so the feeling.

I got to drive the 85 ps one today. Since I have not driven the 110 ps version,
I could not detect any strain in the engine. Cabin was very silent. (I guess I am comparing it to my current drive).
From that point of view, I was very impressed. And as many mentioned, once you get used to the quirks, its good.

The black bits of the console kind of protrudes out and hampers your vision very slightly.
Almost gives you a "Dark Knight Rising" effect :)

Sales guy was prompt in calling it Batman.

But over all came back with a very pleasant feeling. Refinement and city driving capabilities are standout.
The ride was flat. I would definitely say RXL 85 (O) is easily the pick of the lot. I am also sure it would cruise
beautifully on the highways as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.s.r

This could be the interiors of the RXE Models.

Sir,where did you get this photograph from?? I got to know from the showroom staff that the interiors are grey black in colour instead of beige black as shown in this picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2852689)
The figures are even better in their proper tests: 0-100 in 11.88secs making it faster than even XUV and Fortuner and in the same league as Yeti 110. Yeti 140 is a sec faster.

I wonder how these vehicles would compare for midrange acceleration? For example, the Fortuner pulls hard over 1400rpm (as you would know). 40 - 120kmphs comparison, say? Typical highway speed range (slow down for some reason, then again accelerate to reach cruising speeds)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilanjanray (Post 2854047)
I wonder how these vehicles would compare for midrange acceleration? For example, the Fortuner pulls hard over 1400rpm (as you would know). 40 - 120kmphs comparison, say? Typical highway speed range (slow down for some reason, then again accelerate to reach cruising speeds)...

I always find myself driving Fortuner in a gear higher compared to any other car/SUV, says a lot about the flat torque curve. Don't worry Fortuner's super low end is still unmatched anywhere :) I believe in Midrange and Top end Duster will be a match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2854054)
I always find myself driving Fortuner in a gear higher compared to any other car/SUV, says a lot about the flat torque curve. Don't worry Fortuner's super low end is still unmatched anywhere :) I believe in Midrange and Top end Duster will be a match.

That's good to know. Duster - as a reliable compact SUV that is also family friendly - has the potential to let Indian families loose into roads less traveled, and become more adventurous.

More, the merrier, right? As long as they don't intrude into those special places that are discovered and kept in secrecy for selfish individual pleasure. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2853983)
But over all came back with a very pleasant feeling. Refinement and city driving capabilities are standout.
The ride was flat. I would definitely say RXL 85 (O) is easily the pick of the lot. I am also sure it would cruise
beautifully on the highways as well.

That's good to know ampere. I only hope that Renault India get some enlightenment and realise their mistake in the pricing. The ex-showroom price for the 85Ps RxL (O) is 10.03L in bangalore which means it is 4,000 more than lower tax bracket. As a result the road tax goes from 15.5% to 18.9% only because of 4K. You pay 34K additional road tax just for 4K.

Nilanjanray - Autocar published the mid gear acceleration for the Duster in its review, and its faster than the XUV apparently. Here are the stats:

Speed - 85 BHP ------- 110 BHP
0-100 - 14.54 ------- 12.59
20-80 - 12.12 ------- 11.01
40-100 - 15.37 ------- 11.92

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 2854190)
Nilanjanray - Autocar published the mid gear acceleration for the Duster in its review, and its faster than the XUV apparently. Here are the stats:

They've come up with newer results confirming to their proper test standards, the ones i posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 2854190)

Figures I see in the print edition (Aug) are slightly different
Speed - 110 BHP
0-100 - 11.88
20-80 - 11.03
40-100 -12.31

Guna - I picked the figures from the July 2012 edition with the Duster review. There is a bit of a variance there. I guess August is the updated figs as Anshuman mentioned.