Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 18:49   #2836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariyani View Post
I have 110 PS Rxl and the AC is not atall effective even on highest speed (4).
I felt the AC was adequate. I usually keep the fan at 2. 3 i use for 5 mins after stating the car. This I felt was silent and gives maximum cooling. Above 3 the fan blows hard but I don't feel the chill.

I follow similar practice with other cars too.
Old 6th August 2013, 21:28   #2837
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Rear AC unit discontinued from Renault Duster 110 RxZ variant.
I am glad they did it cause so many people that I have talked to have skipped this version only due to the stupid after market AC. They should have just gone for a rear blower which would have been more compact an fit between the seats, like the Scorpio VLX. Since there is not enough place, they shouldn't have added a cooling coil there.
Old 6th August 2013, 23:17   #2838
BHPian

May be they sell the variant with the cooling tower in the middle East. So might have come as a natural choice for the top variant. It doesn't make sense to buy in many places.

But then it should be an option or accessory. Some States are pretty hot and this extra cooling is a boon.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:33   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathajay View Post
I have a duster RxZ 110 BHP Oct 2012 model. I was going ebay for the arm rest and found one, the link is given below
http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Universal...46cac45&_uhb=1
Can somebody tell me if this can fitted in my vehicle.
Thanks
Hi. If you go through the Duster owner reviews on the forum you will find that one owner has put an armrest similar to the one in the link in his car. It looks awful and the finishing at the bottom to fit it onto the floor is a disaster.
I feel something like the one on the ecosport is what you should look for.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:37   #2840

I came across this post in FB about a Duster accident -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renau...46077958738057
I am proud to be a Duster owner, but being a Renault's Customer may not be easy going by the post
Old 7th August 2013, 13:37   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram190877 View Post
I came across this post in FB about a Duster accident -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renau...46077958738057
The story does not sound right. Its a Vip number, and not a common man getting stuck with paying emi and not getting the car.
The accident of such nature results only from ignorance. Yes, I experienced it personally and it took 7 months for TATA to repair my Safari. I sold it for good there after.
Insurance estimates, parts procurement does take a lot of time.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:46   #2842
BHPian

This is the first complaint about the Duster AC performance so far, most have reported it works well. Did you test another car in the dealership to rule out a defective unit.

The biggest complaint and grumbling on the RXZ 110 since launch has the rear AC eating up rear legroom, so most would welcome this move by Renault to offer it as an option. That would have been the much better option at launch.
Old 7th August 2013, 18:20   #2843
BHPian

I asked Renault customer care by email if it was feasible to have the rear AC blower unit removed. They have replied that
it would not be advisable to block the air conditioning.

As for the air conditioning efficiency, where the temp goes above 40 degrees Celsius without any kind of sun control
film, it may be uncomfortable for the rear passengers.

I have not found aircon an issue though my driving is limited to Bangalore and to lesser extent in Tamilnadu. Then that
is not real test, is it?

Cheers
Old 7th August 2013, 19:26   #2844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
This is the first complaint about the Duster AC performance so far, most have reported it works well. Did you test another car in the dealership to rule out a defective unit.
I wont say its a chiller. But according to my experience, it just barely does the job. (Mine is an 85bhp version). Maybe 110 is a difference experience.

On a long distance with higher temperatures, I have had to push the blower to higher values.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 20:30   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I wont say its a chiller. But according to my experience, it just barely does the job. (Mine is an 85bhp version). Maybe 110 is a difference experience.

On a long distance with higher temperatures, I have had to push the blower to higher values.
I dont think they will have a different compressor for 110. What I heard is that the unit they have simply sucks air from the front and throws in the rear area. It does not even have a seperate evaporator unit like XUV. Correct if I am wrong.
Old 7th August 2013, 20:39   #2846
BHPian

In the current Delhi weather, the front A/C (in my 110) seems to hold up quite well. If its sunny, 3 on the blower is required for a while and then can be brought down to 2. In peak summer, I'm pretty sure the rear blower will have to chip in (which is why I went for the 110 RxZ with rear blower)
crazydave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 20:49   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
It does not even have a seperate evaporator unit like XUV. Correct if I am wrong.
I don't know of XUV, but the additional AC unit in Duster is an electric HVAC unit with is own cooling coils. It also has it's temperature control. It is not a mere blower and is supposed to chill the cabin very fast.
HillMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 22:21   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I don't know of XUV, but the additional AC unit in Duster is an electric HVAC unit with is own cooling coils. It also has it's temperature control. It is not a mere blower and is supposed to chill the cabin very fast.
Thanks. I did not know that and that explains why 110 with rear blower (cum cooling coil) cools the cabin faster (though many feel that it disturbs the rear center passenger's comfort)
Old 8th August 2013, 00:04   #2849
P76
BHPian

Renault should have offered the rear a/c unit as an option in the RXZ instead of removing it. Still better, they could have installed a sleeker unit which takes lesser space, hence better legroom for the passenger in the middle. The Tata Indigo XL has a rear a/c unit which although has a smaller coil, does the job well and more importantly occupies lesser space.
As a result of this, those customers who prefer the rear a/c are compelled to opt for the RXZ option trim variant, which is approximately 60-65k plus on the RXZ variant.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:14   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
The Tata Indigo XL has a rear a/c unit which although has a smaller coil, does the job well and more importantly occupies lesser space.
I dont believe it is an additional AC like Duster, neither is it merely a blower. Here the plumbing is done to bring the cool air from AC to rear. I see only AC vent mentioned in brochures.

For cars with blowers, this can be simulated by targeting the output of dash AC vent to the rear blower. This will reduce the usable vents from the front which could have been angled else where for better comfort.

EDIT: It says twin AC in Carwale.com

Last edited by HillMan : 8th August 2013 at 09:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks