Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-207.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroback (Post 3261313)
I am noticing some sort of rattling from somewhere near rear left side( or is it rear left door?).
Could not figure it out.

Did anyone face this?
Any suggestions for getting it fixed, apart from visiting service center.

I hear multiple such rattles. Very tiny ones. From central console and the right door, somewhere close to the accessories box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranvakati (Post 3259270)
I would call that a mild humming noise which I hear as soon as I switch on the AC. Even I suspect that to be fan belt. But I presume that to be normal.

Also for past month or so I was hearing irritating rattle near left Ac vent close to the door from the dash. Today I found that to be coming from the fuse box. I drove without the fuse box lid and finally found peace. The fuse box lid was loose as well as wire was rubbing the lid creating the noise. Today I left the vehicle for 2nd service and had asked SS guy to fix the same.

Kiran! The noise here is a squeaking one from some moving part in the engine bay. The noise subsides in about 1 min every morning. I am bit concerned about it now, however, not sure how I can explain this noise to Renault service guys.

I will check the fuse box lid today. It may well be the source of few of my frustrations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahwa (Post 3262249)
not sure how I can explain this noise to Renault service guys.

Take a video with audio and show it to them

SCOOP: Renault have introduced a new color for Duster. Metallic Blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahwa (Post 3262249)
The noise here is a squeaking one from some moving part in the engine bay. The noise subsides in about 1 min every morning.

Check engine plastic cover.it vibrates & create noise with cold engine.Try removing it by pulling upwards & refit it again.

One of the squeaks turned out to be from the zipper if my co-passenger seat cover, tucked it in. Another originating around the dash I traced to my goggles inside it's case, now I snug it with cleaning cloth.

PS. Mine's less than 4k on the odo.

Hi guys. I've spent a whole day reading this thread before posting my query and I hope to get some help/suggestions from the members here.

I'm sitting on my Ecosport booking since July 7, and the delivery is expected in February 2013. I cannot wait that long, so have decided to shift over to the Duster (checked out the Terrano as well, didn't find it worth the premium). The 85PS RXL (O) is my pick, which after the discount and freebies, will cost around 12-12.1 Lakhs OTR HARYANA (Faridabad) . The Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) costs 10.8 L OTR DELHI at present. So, I'd be spending around 1.2L extra for the Duster.

So here are a few questions I have:

- Can someone here give some detailed impressions about the SatNav system? I can't seem to find some detailed reviews on it. The showroom guy said that it's by Map My India, is it true?

- I'm the only one skeptical about spending extra on the Duster, while my parents believe that it's worth it. You think I'm right?

- I test drove the 110 PS version today and didn't find any wind noise at 90-100 Kmph. Means the problem has been sorted by Renault? And about the water seepage? Someone here still facing that issue?

- While the discounts being offered at present are minimal, is there any strong rumor which suggests that they could get better by November/December?

- Any other factor I should consider?

I basically test drove the 110PS version as the 85PS version wasn't available for TD and I just wanted to check the comfort level of the car. Have driven the 85PS version once and will take a detailed TD for sure before taking the final call.

I'd be really thankful if people here can help me clear these doubts! please:

I basically test drove the 110PS version as the 85PS version wasn't available for TD and I just wanted to check the comfort level of the car. Have driven the 85PS version once and will take a detailed TD for sure before taking the final call.

I'd be really thankful if people here can help me clear these doubts! please:[/quote]....

Will try to answer few of your queries. Sat Nav is not a subsidiary of MapMyIndia. I have 110Ps version and have completed 24000 km in 11 months. No issues so far. I got installed MapMyIndia Zx250 some 8 months back from Reliance Autozone. Its amazing and has helped me a lot. You can attach your reverse camera with Zx250 which is very helpful while reversing. Dont know if SatNav has this feature.
EcoSport has less rear leg space. Terrano is expensive hence less value for money as per me. Hence 85Ps is right choice in case you like sedate driving.
Regarding water seeping, I guess the issue is resolved by now. My suggestion: go for duster. CheerS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abh1nav (Post 3264931)
So here are a few questions I have:

- Can someone here give some detailed impressions about the SatNav system? I can't seem to find some detailed reviews on it. The showroom guy said that it's by Map My India, is it true?

My understanding is Media Nav is Tom Tom map. I know the default map installed is good. But for dynamic Indian roads you will need an update in near future which will cost a bomb.

I am a Waze fan, so, not the right person to comment on fully offline maps.

Quote:

- I'm the only one skeptical about spending extra on the Duster, while my parents believe that it's worth it. You think I'm right?
The VFM is totally depending on your requirements. It worked for my requirements
See my ownership review

Duster is good;
If you need a 5 seater with decent luggage space that can take some rough roads.
Rear leg room is not great for tall boys, if the driver like to keep the seats stretched back. Overall I find the seats comfortable.

Quote:

- I test drove the 110 PS version today and didn't find any wind noise at 90-100 Kmph. Means the problem has been sorted by Renault? And about the water seepage? Someone here still facing that issue?
No. Wind noise problem is not sorted out. It is mild; music and talks can keep you distracted from it.

Water seepage is not a generic issue.

Quote:

- While the discounts being offered at present are minimal, is there any strong rumor which suggests that they could get better by November/December?
You may not find any additional discounts on Duster, to keep the Nissan sibling going.

Quote:

Seating comfort is similar on both 85ps and 110ps. If you are mostly a highway person, then 110 drive will appeal to you because of the 6th gear. Otherwise 85ps has enough punch for day to day city usage with occasional long drives.

Quote:

I'd be really thankful if people here can help me clear these doubts! please:
Hope this helped :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3264948)
My understanding is Media Nav is Tom Tom map. I know the default map installed is good. But for dynamic Indian roads you will need an update in near future which will cost a bomb.

I am a Waze fan, so, not the right person to comment on fully offline maps.

The VFM is totally depending on your requirements. It worked for my requirements
See my ownership review

Duster is good;
If you need a 5 seater with decent luggage space that can take some rough roads.
Rear leg room is not great for tall boys, if the driver like to keep the seats stretched back. Overall I find the seats comfortable.

No. Wind noise problem is not sorted out. It is mild; music and talks can keep you distracted from it.

Water seepage is not a generic issue.

You may not find any additional discounts on Duster, to keep the Nissan sibling going.

Seating comfort is similar on both 85ps and 110ps. If you are mostly a highway person, then 110 drive will appeal to you because of the 6th gear. Otherwise 85ps has enough punch for day to day city usage with occasional long drives.

Hope this helped :)

Thank you HillMan for your quick response!:)

- The guy specifically told me 2-3 times that it was Map My India (Even I had serious doubts about this) and I would get free updates as and when they come. Still, I couldn't check as it wasn't available on the TD car. Will confirm this ASAP.

-I've been through your ownership report as well. Well written I must say! Coming to the 5 seater fact, though it's mostly me and my parents in the car, but once or twice every month I do tend to visit my grandparents. So, a comfortable 5 seater is surely a big plus over the Ecosport.

-I didn't notice the wind noise at all, so maybe it isn't a big issue. Will make sure to check this specifically during the next TD!

- No more discounts? Sadly, I realized that it might be the case. The only hope for a price cut I had was before the Teranno price announcement. But that never happened.

-I'd be driving the Duster mostly within the city, with a few once-in-a-while highway rides!

Hoping to take a final call by this week!

Dear All,

The ventilation adjustment knob in my 1 yr old duster got jammed somehow, and I took it to the Renault showroom for getting it repaired. I was surprised to know that the full panel has to be changed:Shockked:. The back panel includes the housing for the stereo system, the ac knob, the ventilation knob etc. This seems to be a 'generic' problem being faced by all dusters and the company is changing the panel for those cars which come with some complaint regarding the front panel knobs. This is a sort of a recall and repair process, but is being done to only those who lodge a complaint regarding this. The agency guys have ordered the part for me and it would take 10 days time for the needful to be done. Will keep all informed about the final outcome. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isldhn (Post 3265305)
Dear All,

The ventilation adjustment knob in my 1 yr old duster got jammed somehow, and I took it to the Renault showroom for getting it repaired. I was surprised to know that the full panel has to be changed:Shockked:. The back panel includes the housing for the stereo system, the ac knob, the ventilation knob etc. This seems to be a 'generic' problem being faced by all dusters and the company is changing the panel for those cars which come with some complaint regarding the front panel knobs. This is a sort of a recall and repair process, but is being done to only those who lodge a complaint regarding this. The agency guys have ordered the part for me and it would take 10 days time for the needful to be done. Will keep all informed about the final outcome. Thanks.

Even mine had similar issue soon after delivery. Actually I missed checking that during PDI. They rectified then and gave me. Last week I went for 2nd service and though no complaints with ac knobs when i left for service. they told me that the entire Ac control panel will be replaced on my duster soon as it is defective. SS told me they have already placed order for mine and will give me a call once they have it.

Great, just what I was fearing.

My Duster has a leaking problem. I think in heavy rains, the water somehow appears near driver foot well, where left foot rests.

It is not apparent, unless you press the black velvet mat.

Oh boy, this is unpleasant. How can it appear, without any sign of water flowing down to the place? Very strange indeed.

Tried pouring water on windshield , nothing gets inside.

So, can it be AC at fault ? Any suggestions folks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroback (Post 3265493)
Great, just what I was fearing.

My Duster has a leaking problem. I think in heavy rains, the water somehow appears near driver foot well, where left foot rests.

It is not apparent, unless you press the black velvet mat.

Oh boy, this is unpleasant. How can it appear, without any sign of water flowing down to the place? Very strange indeed.

So, can it be AC at fault ? Any suggestions folks?

Here's a dedicated thread discussing the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ow-solved.html. Have you checked it out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroback (Post 3265493)

I think it may be AC unit only. The condenser pipe may be leaking at the attachment. Had it been the rear side, it could have been the fixture under the bonnet just below the windshield.
But yes, truly an unpleasant situation.

Guys, I test drove the Duster 85 RXL (O) today and somehow, the in-cabin noise was more than the 110 RXL. Dealer said that since this a TD vehicle (10K ODO), it's been roughed up to the core. Also, the gear shift felt more harsh as compared to the 110 RXL. Again, told that the TD vehicle has been abused!

So, I request HillMan and other 85PS Duster owners to comment on this?

Thank you!

Also,

This is the final quote I received for the Duster 85PS RXL (O):

- Total on road price before discounts: 12,49,264 Faridabad, Haryana.

This includes Ex-showroom cost (10.96L) + Handling/Logostics (7,500) + Zero Dep insurance (36,884) + registration (93,380) + body care package (10,675) + optional accessories (4,825) .

- Final price after all discounts: 12,11,750

This includes free body care package + optional accessories (15,000) , 15,000 cash discount and 7K slashed from insurance.

That's the best deal the dealer is willing to offer at the moment.

Can i push him for some more discounts, especially With Diwali and year end approaching?