Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 14:23   #301
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have received the Chassis and the engine number from the dealer.Got the insurance done independently
Could you please share the details of the insurance. Why did you find this one better than dealer's insurance and such stuff.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:55   #302
BHPian

Quote:
I have received the Chassis and the engine number from the dealer.Got the insurance done independently
Good news ! Have you negotiated with your existing vendor(insurance) or else where ? How much it came to ? In the price list they mentioned around 39 K for RXZ.
Old 30th July 2012, 15:15   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Could you please share the details of the insurance. Why did you find this one better than dealer's insurance and such stuff.
I went with ICICI,came to 21k ,that's around 15K lesser than the dealer quoted value.Dealer warned about not being able to avail cashless facility if i opt for outside insurance
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 15:34   #304
BHPian

Quote:
I went with ICICI,came to 21k ,that's around 15K lesser than the dealer quoted value.Dealer warned about not being able to avail cashless facility if i opt for outside insurance
Neat. That's a big difference. I always thought that 35K for the insurance is too much. One more doubt is, does the ICICI insurance give you same kind of coverage?
Old 30th July 2012, 15:50   #305
BHPian

I am a bit relieved by some positive Reviews of Test Drive from Fellow BHPians for 85 PS Model. Non-availablity of 85 PS for Test Drive for so long had heightened my anxiety. Even Now as Deliveries are commencing in Delhi, Test Drive Car is not available for 85 PS Models

I feel if 85 PS Test Drive was available initially it would have had cannibalized bookings for 110 PS. (Just my Hunch )

Eagerly awaiting 85 PS Official T-BHP Review !!
Old 30th July 2012, 18:19   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
To all our Team Bhpians in Chennai, this is exactly my situation. The dealers here are not very forthcoming here with any confirmed commitment.Dealer has been giving delivery commitment from July 15th, so I'm not taking anything for granted till I see the Vehicle in flesh. In fact my Father is telling that because it is the month of "AADI", which is considered to be an inauspicious month in the Tamil Calender, Renault is holding delivery till August 15th.One of the many theories to rationalise this behaviour from Renault.
I had booked RxZ 110PS black on July 5 2012. Delivery was promised in the first lot by last week of July later it was re scheduled to first week of August. The SA called and said Red color is available. I declined to take and said I am open to white silver or brown if black is unavailable.They said will get back to me. They had a black available but it was 85PS.

If its AADI month they can deliver to customers who do not mind taking delivery in this month. I don't think that is the issue. Renault is allotting the cars themselves and as pointed in the review the car comes with the customer's name and VIN no from the factory itself. Dealers do not have much say in this. Also Renault is grappling with a situation where they have received 13000 bookings so far whereas they have an annual production capacity of 30000 units. They need to stop taking fresh bookings.

Right now keeping fingers crossed and hoping that my car is allotted soon.

Last edited by sameer sultan : 30th July 2012 at 18:21. Reason: Grammatical mistakes corrected
Old 30th July 2012, 19:13   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Also Renault is grappling with a situation where they have received 13000 bookings so far whereas they have an annual production capacity of 30000 units. They need to stop taking fresh bookings.

Right now keeping fingers crossed and hoping that my car is allotted soon.
Do you mean capacity as 3000? If that true than thats incredibly low else they will take 4 years to complete present order book. In case your figure is right then I see no reason why should they stop booking.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:16   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull

Do you mean capacity as 3000? If that true than thats incredibly low else they will take 4 years to complete present order book. In case your figure is right then I see no reason why should they stop booking.
Thirty Thousand (30000) units. That's what I mentioned. Guess you overlooked a zero!
Old 30th July 2012, 20:21   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Thirty Thousand (30000) units. That's what I mentioned. Guess you overlooked a zero!
30,000 is the sales target for this year , meaning last six months . Annual production capacity is around 48000-50000 . Needs to be verified if this includes UK delivery too .
Old 31st July 2012, 00:25   #310
Senior - BHPian

Saw first Duster on road.. it was parked close to a Wangon R, was able to take photo from rear. Very unusual road presence.

Renault Duster : Official Review-firstduster.jpg
Ym-enjn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 00:46   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Saw first Duster on road.. it was parked close to a Wangon R, was able to take photo from rear. Very unusual road presence.

Attachment 963673
Thanks for sharing.
This gives very good comparison. The height seems pretty much same but it is very much wider.
Old 31st July 2012, 01:54   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. When did you book the car ? I booked mine on June 3rd week and the Bangalore dealer said my car is allocated for September 1st week. Which Bangalore dealer are you dealing with ?

Btw, I saw an earlier comment saying XUV5OO has fizzled out because of Duster. The Mahindra dealer quoted me a waiting period of minimum 4 months yesterday! Don't think Duster is taking away a lot of XUV customers - maybe some. Maybe Duster is taking some customers from premium hatch, c segment sedans and even some entry level D segment sedans. After driving XUV5OO and Duster, I felt the Duster is far more refined. Duster though has a very hard clutch, the clutch travel is not too long. On the other hand, XUV5OO had a longer clutch travel making it painful. The plastics of XUV were already ready to rattle, no such feeling in Duster. On the XUV side, the low end torque of XUV felt a lot better than Duster 110 PS. Park a Duster next to XUV Duster will look puny. XUV is simply in a different league when it comes to road presence and interior space.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 31st July 2012 at 02:12.
Old 31st July 2012, 07:50   #313
BHPian

My duster had left chennai on 26th. It took really long to reach. It had reached the city limits last night and i was informed that they would unload in the night because showroom was in traffic area. Went to showroom early at 6.45.
i reached there and could see some dusters lined up. Could see only white. As i walked forward i saw my beauty. Black beauty. Infact the one and only black in the first lot of 7 dusters.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074518.png
Views: 5367
Size:  483.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074619.png
Views: 5756
Size:  372.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074710.png
Views: 5439
Size:  341.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074755.png
Views: 5321
Size:  423.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074839.png
Views: 7676
Size:  357.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_074916.png
Views: 5026
Size:  358.6 KB
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 08:11   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
My duster had left chennai
Hey! looks pretty good in all black, congrats. Also those non-alloys also seem pretty good, some hub caps or covers should make the looks more complete.

Are you planning to do and ICE upgrades right away?
Old 31st July 2012, 08:20   #315
BHPian

If someone could throw some light regarding my previous post on this thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2854895

I have mentioned that the dealer told me about an increase in ex-showroom price of the Duster by about Rs.12000/- for each variant. Has anyone encountered this anywhere else in the country? Or is the dealer trying to take me for a ride? How does one find out the ex-showroom price of a vehicle apart from the dealer's mouth?

@DRIVEN-TWEEL - those wheels are nice. Much better than steel wheels on other cars. Did the car already have your name together with VIN no. as mentioned earlier in this thread?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks