Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:01   #3151
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
So finally, I have booked my White Duster 85 RXL (O) from Renault Faridabad and the final on-road price is 11.87 lakhs.
Quite excited and just can't wait for next week. Will be asking for the VIN number and do a PDI soon!
Congratulations on your purchase. What discounts did you get? Did you exchange your old car? Are there any current offers for duster considering Diwali ?
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:17   #3152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. What discounts did you get? Did you exchange your old car? Are there any current offers for duster considering Diwali ?
There's a 60K exchange bonus that's currently on at present, but I didn't exchange by exisiting car, I just gave them a copy of the RC to get some cash discount.

Here's the breakup on the final price:

Ex-Showroom : 10.96 L
Insurance: 36,884
Handling / Logistics: 8500

Total: 12,34,764

Total discount offered: 47K

Final OTR: 11.87L

Till last week I was being offered 15K cash discount + 7K off on the insurance, but today, the SA came to my dad's office and offered a final discount of 47K.

Also, I'll be getting the mud flaps, floor mats, etc. worth 4200 for free.

Last edited by Abh1nav : 23rd October 2013 at 13:22.
Abh1nav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:31   #3153
BHPian

Quote:

Till last week I was being offered 15K cash discount + 7K off on the insurance, but today, the SA came to my dad's office and offered a final discount of 47K.

Congrats on your buy. You got a good deal. 47K discount for no exchange. Wow!

I paid almost the same value for 85 RXL in June.

We get ripped on Road Tax though
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:14   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Congrats on your buy. You got a good deal. 47K discount for no exchange. Wow!

I paid almost the same value for 85 RXL in June.

We get ripped on Road Tax though
Thanks HillMan. Yeah, even I was pleasantly surprised when my dad told me that the SA offered 47K discount.

Actually, I was in touch with another dealer who offered me 50K discount last week, but had to book on that particular day, which wasn't possible. But I'm glad I was offered almost a similar discount today.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:02   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
There's a 60K exchange bonus that's currently on at present, but I didn't exchange by exisiting car, I just gave them a copy of the RC to get some cash discount.

Here's the breakup on the final price:

Ex-Showroom : 10.96 L
Insurance: 36,884
Handling / Logistics: 8500

Congrats Abh1nav.

I'm a prospective Duster buyer presently negotiating with my SA regarding the final price. I'm being offered 30k for the same old car RC book process, but nothing else. I'm curious about the discounts you received, please can you elaborate ? Are the floor mats, mud flaps et.al part of your 47k discount ?
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:57   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Congrats Abh1nav.

I'm a prospective Duster buyer presently negotiating with my SA regarding the final price. I'm being offered 30k for the same old car RC book process, but nothing else. I'm curious about the discounts you received, please can you elaborate ? Are the floor mats, mud flaps et.al part of your 47k discount ?
Hi xjosephjacob,

Apart from the 30K, I was able to get 7K off the insurance, making it 37K and then I was told that If I don't get the underbody coating done, they can slash 10K more. So, a total discount of 47K was offered. Anyways, I have read much about the underbody coating on Team-bhp and their are mixed views about it. So, even if I have to get it done, I can do that from 3M or other places.

I recommend you try and negotiate on the insurance, or just take it from outside and not the dealer, which should save you a cool 7-8K. (I was quoted ~27K for the 85 RXL (O) by Bharti Axa)
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:13   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HillMan. Yeah, even I was pleasantly surprised when my dad told me that the SA offered 47K discount.

Actually, I was in touch with another dealer who offered me 50K discount last week, but had to book on that particular day, which wasn't possible. But I'm glad I was offered almost a similar discount today.
Here in Pune the quote I got from one dealer for RXL (O) is 12,88,487 on road without any discounts. I havent negotiated any yet. However the sales guy says this has touch screen navigation system as well.

Have you also got Navigation system in RXL(O)?

The price list which I have doesnt list RXL(O) without navigation price.
Old 24th October 2013, 00:16   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Here in Pune the quote I got from one dealer for RXL (O) is 12,88,487 on road without any discounts. I havent negotiated any yet. However the sales guy says this has touch screen navigation system as well.

Have you also got Navigation system in RXL(O)?

The price list which I have doesnt list RXL(O) without navigation price.
Hi athanedar,

The RXL (O) variant is only available with the 85PS engine and it does have the navigation system (MediaNav as Renault calls it). There's no such variant as the RXL (O) without navigation.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:59   #3159
BHPian

What is the booking amount that people have paid? And does the dealer insist on full payment upfront or can you pay only after receiving the VIN and engine number?

I understand that the full amount is to be paid before the car can go for registration. But what if the dealer insists on full payment before providing the VIN?
Old 24th October 2013, 13:55   #3160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
But what if the dealer insists on full payment before providing the VIN?
I bought my Duster at Whitefield Renault. There was no request for full payment till the car was allocated to me. I didnt get the VIN at this point. The VIN came as an SMS to me after full payment and the car was washed and ready for inspection the following week. (I had given them a date for my visit). The car was sent for RTO inspection the following day. This was back in April when Duster was still going strong and there was waiting period. I only paid the minimum booking amount and waited for confirmation. I dont see reason why they should do it now.

The only reason I can see, there is no waiting period now
Your model and color of choice might be sitting in their stock yard.

The VIN is sent as an SMS from an automated system once the car is confirmed. Booking is confirmed after full payment is received. They will then bring the car from their stock yard which is around 50kms away in Nellamangala. Guess they want to avoid registering into the system before receiving payment.

You can inspect the car at their showroom before sending for registration. Or drive down to Nallamangala , I am sure they will oblige.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 20:27   #3161
BHPian

Need some help on this one:

As I was told by my SA that a white Duster 85 RXL (O) was in stock for immediate delivery, i asked for the VIN of the car and got it this evening. It shows that the car is July 2013 manufactured.

I was expecting an August or September manufactured vehicle, so I'm in two minds whether to take the delivery now or wait for a while for the new batch to come in. Though I am yet to speak to my SA about this.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 24th October 2013, 21:30   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Talk to your SA for discounts

There is good possibility of overstock at dealership. That's because demand fell during ecosport launch and then anticipation for Terrano.

I wouldn't mind 2 months of dust if I got a good deal.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 23:34   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need some help on this one:

As I was told by my SA that a white Duster 85 RXL (O) was in stock for immediate delivery, i asked for the VIN of the car and got it this evening. It shows that the car is July 2013 manufactured.

I was expecting an August or September manufactured vehicle, so I'm in two minds whether to take the delivery now or wait for a while for the new batch to come in. Though I am yet to speak to my SA about this.

No issues at all, Just do a detailed PDI and you're good to go.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 11:37   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Talk to your SA for discounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
No issues at all, Just do a detailed PDI and you're good to go.
I spoke to my SA and she says that the car came to dealer's stockyard just 25 days back and she can show me the car's tax invoice as well. She added that the cars are dispatched 10-15 days after manufacturing and stuff. I really couldn't argue much after that, so I guess will have to rely on a thorough PDI.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:16   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
I bought my Duster at Whitefield Renault. There was no request for full payment till the car was allocated to me. I didnt get the VIN at this point. The VIN came as an SMS to me after full payment and the car was washed and ready for inspection the following week. (I had given them a date for my visit). The car was sent for RTO inspection the following day. This was back in April when Duster was still going strong and there was waiting period. I only paid the minimum booking amount and waited for confirmation. I dont see reason why they should do it now.

The only reason I can see, there is no waiting period now
Your model and color of choice might be sitting in their stock yard.

The VIN is sent as an SMS from an automated system once the car is confirmed. Booking is confirmed after full payment is received. They will then bring the car from their stock yard which is around 50kms away in Nellamangala. Guess they want to avoid registering into the system before receiving payment.

You can inspect the car at their showroom before sending for registration. Or drive down to Nallamangala , I am sure they will oblige.
Thanks! Those are good details to know. Guess I'll be making the full payment once I decide the variant and trim and they confirm a car of that type is available with them. Would really like delivery fast if possible.

I didn't know that the PDI can be done at their showroom, certainly beats going to Neelmangala

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks