Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 13:23   #3331
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

All, I have taken delivery of my Duster 85PS RXL Dark Grey yesterday. Got a discount of Rs 60,000, plus extended warranty, gang membership, mud flap and mats. Took insurance outside at 25K-odd. Didnt go for B2B zero-dep after much deliberation.

So far, loving it. The gear-slotting is a bit difficult, but I guess the gears are getting broken in, so ok with that. (I am spoilt silly for comfort by my Honda City, so I should be careful in my comparisons). All else are good. Ride quality is the highlight and this perspective is unanimous in the family. release of brake with clutch depressed in motion(after braking for say something on the road) makes the car surge forward. Will wait and watch.

Intend to upgrade HU to Caska touch screen DVD player with reverse camera, headset monitors for both seats, leather seats and alloy wheels. May go in for bumper applique painting and paint sealant after the rains.

I had booked an Ecosport, waited for 4 months and cancelled before buying this.

I thank all Team-BHP mates for the wonderful passionate guidance, as a result of which I have made a very informed and considered decision(I know this for a fact) in my car purchase, as compared to my previous two instances of purchase(Santro and City - both off the shelf with zero research). You guys rock !

Pictures soon.
Old 21st November 2013, 13:23   #3332
BHPian

Renault Duster : Insurance Premium

All Duster owners, How much are you all paying for the insurance premium and the IDV for that? Last year, my premium was 23300/- for an IDV of 950000 (Zero Dep Policy from National Insurance). I had a claim this year and hence no NCB. This year on renewal, I got the quote of 23200/- for an IDV of 800000.

I also got a quotation of 17000/- for an IDV of 850000 from HDFC (Silver plan Zero Dep Policy) with roadside assistance option for 500/- extra. For platinum plan (with engine protection and retaining the NCB even if there is a claim) for ~18500/-.

Why is it showing a 5K difference, any idea? Is there any catch in this? What I understand is that the 17K is calculated after a 60% discount (55% normal discount for Duster based on the less claim category vehicle + 5% on the age) Please comment.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 21st November 2013 at 13:31.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 15:46   #3333
BHPian

Yesterday, I got my insurance papers from Bharti Axa but one thing that raised concern was that the policy type mentioned there was Private Car-Comprehensive Insurance policy. I was surprised when I saw this, as I had opted for the Zero Depreciation policy.

When I inquired with the dealer, they told me that there is something mentioned as 100% Add-On cover on the papers, which means that my policy is zero depreciation.

Can anybody confirm if that is actually the case?
Old 21st November 2013, 16:29   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
When I inquired with the dealer, they told me that there is something mentioned as 100% Add-On cover on the papers, which means that my policy is zero depreciation.

Can anybody confirm if that is actually the case?
That could be correct, the car insurance policy is same, they add rider over it for various additional features. Best would be to give a call to the toll free number of Bharti Axa and have it confirmed. The names for Add-on can be different for each insurer.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 16:52   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
That could be correct, the car insurance policy is same, they add rider over it for various additional features. Best would be to give a call to the toll free number of Bharti Axa and have it confirmed. The names for Add-on can be different for each insurer.
+1 I'd even go the extent of writing a letter and keeping their confirmation on record. Many insurance claims
are rejected due to these kinds of grey areas . Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:09   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Insurance Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
All Duster owners, How much are you all paying for the insurance premium and the IDV for that? Last year, my premium was 23300/- for an IDV of 950000 (Zero Dep Policy from National Insurance). I had a claim this year and hence no NCB. This year on renewal, I got the quote of 23200/- for an IDV of 800000.

I also got a quotation of 17000/- for an IDV of 850000 from HDFC (Silver plan Zero Dep Policy) with roadside assistance option for 500/- extra. For platinum plan (with engine protection and retaining the NCB even if there is a claim) for ~18500/-.

Why is it showing a 5K difference, any idea? Is there any catch in this? What I understand is that the 17K is calculated after a 60% discount (55% normal discount for Duster based on the less claim category vehicle + 5% on the age) Please comment.
Insurance is a big scam to fleece customers unless one gets to the bottom and several asterix marks/hidden lines/small fonts etc. Most of us are fooled by the agents by making several claims because we continue to remain ignorant.

That said, IMO there are some asterix marks/hidden lines/small fonts in the cost else the quote on depreciated value and NCB should not same (almost same). You need to check in detail with the company and confirm.
Old 21st November 2013, 19:15   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
All, I have taken delivery of my Duster 85PS RXL Dark Grey yesterday. Got a discount of Rs 60,000, plus extended warranty, gang membership, mud flap and mats. Took insurance outside at 25K-odd. Didnt go for B2B zero-dep after much deliberation.

So far, loving it. The gear-slotting is a bit difficult, but I guess the gears are getting broken in, so ok with that. (I am spoilt silly for comfort by my Honda City, so I should be careful in my comparisons). All else are good. Ride quality is the highlight and this perspective is unanimous in the family. release of brake with clutch depressed in motion(after braking for say something on the road) makes the car surge forward. Will wait and watch.

Intend to upgrade HU to Caska touch screen DVD player with reverse camera, headset monitors for both seats, leather seats and alloy wheels. May go in for bumper applique painting and paint sealant after the rains.

I had booked an Ecosport, waited for 4 months and cancelled before buying this.

I thank all Team-BHP mates for the wonderful passionate guidance, as a result of which I have made a very informed and considered decision(I know this for a fact) in my car purchase, as compared to my previous two instances of purchase(Santro and City - both off the shelf with zero research). You guys rock !

Pictures soon.
Congratulations! Did you exchange your old vehicle? How much did you get for that?
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:18   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
All, I have taken delivery of my Duster 85PS RXL Dark Grey yesterday. Pictures soon.
Congrats, All the very best and Happy Motoring. Awaiting Pics of Mods. The HU Mod: Does Warranty clause allow that?
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:50   #3339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...May go in for bumper applique painting and paint sealant after the rains...
If you plan to do paint sealant, do it ASAP. The whole point is trying to put a protective layer to the paint and rains can ONLY add damage to it.

Between Congrats on your new ride.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:04   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you plan to do paint sealant, do it ASAP. The whole point is trying to put a protective layer to the paint and rains can ONLY add damage to it.

Between Congrats on your new ride.
+1 to it. Totally agreed. Specially for Duster, I feel paint sealant is a must. I am having troubles. My 5yr old Red Spark has no black patches on the paint, Duster already got a few which refuse to go. Have not shown them to professionals yet. Will post a few pics. There is a nasty black patch one on the roof, not sure if paint is chipping or it got it from the antenna touching the surface from bounce.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:25   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
I got my insurance papers from Bharti Axa
How much is the premium amount and the IDV?
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:41   #3342
BHPian

I got zero dep insurance with all frills attached from TATA AIG for 29K for second year. IDV is 8,60000 for my vehicle.

I wanted to go for HDFC, but when read fine print came to know if I got for all out zero dep I will have to pay close to 32K, so opted out of it.

FWIW, dealer fleeced me for first year comprehensive insurance at 29K. Had to make 3 claims :( , so decided to change insurance company to TATA AIG from Bharti AXA.

HTH

Last edited by acroback : 22nd November 2013 at 13:43.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:25   #3343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Is this discount across the board, if anyone can confirm?

I had spoken to the SA at Jamshedpur, they denied any offer. Thats a good discount I must say and a good step by Renault towards making Duster VFM. May be the Ecosport heat!
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:52   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Is this discount across the board, if anyone can confirm?
Hi, discount is pan-India as far as I understand but dependent on variant. For example for the the base 85 dCi RxE it is only 30k here in BLR.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:05   #3345

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Hi, discount is pan-India as far as I understand but dependent on variant. For example for the the base 85 dCi RxE it is only 30k here in BLR.
You are right, I got the same offer and took delivery of rxl(o) few days back. So 60 k for exchange bonus + self insurance saved 10k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks