Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 20:50   #3376

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post

I've driven 5hrs at a stretch and have no complains now.
Thanks, I will get the car seats done and then check.
Old 29th November 2013, 14:07   #3377

Replacing the seat

Hi All,

Has anyone changed their seats in the Duster to a different one ? I find the seats not comfortable and has poor thigh support / neck support. I was thinking of removing the original seat and replacing it with a i20 seat..

Has anyone done something similar ? Please share your experience and comments.
Old 29th November 2013, 14:15   #3378
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Duster acknowledged by JD Power Quality Study. http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...tudy-11789.htm
I for one would vouch on this. Just came back from a trip which is hardcore 4WD inclines and Duster just excelled in-spite of being a FWD. Will come out with a trip report shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post
Thanks Ampere... this is precisely the problem that I face. . I drive 90 kms everyday, so this is a big issue and something that I didnt catch during my test drive..
To others..
Does anyone have experience changing their seats to a different one?
Engage your built in lumbar support, can be a saving grace during long drives, or if you already suffer from back pain.
Else when you are putting a seat cover, add extra padding to the areas of the seat you find lack of it.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 29th November 2013 at 14:18.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:54   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Congratulations! Did you exchange your old vehicle? How much did you get for that?
I got an exchange bonus, but just had to provide a photocopy of old car's RC book and insurance for that. Wasn't asked to actually sell it. Intend selling it at leisure though.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 15:59   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congrats, All the very best and Happy Motoring. Awaiting Pics of Mods. The HU Mod: Does Warranty clause allow that?
I got privilege motto mall in chennai (recommended by BHPians) to replace without splicing any wires. They use some kind of clip to make the connections. Dealer warned that if wires are spliced warranty would be void, so since this did not involve splicing, guess I am safe. Exchanged to Caska HU with Boston front component speakers and AVN monitors for the two seat-backs. 46k for that HU, 8k for the speakers and 10k for the 2 monitors. Mapmyindia and reverse camera free. Now My kid can watch DVDs as well in the car. Hope this helps.

I also got lucky and got a set of 4 OE alloy wheels for 28.5k. Someone had traded them in while upgrading ! Dealer price 39k for a set of four.

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 29th November 2013 at 16:12.
Old 29th November 2013, 16:03   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you plan to do paint sealant, do it ASAP. The whole point is trying to put a protective layer to the paint and rains can ONLY add damage to it. Between Congrats on your new ride.
Got a quote for 5k from Diamondbrite. Shall be doing it this weekend. Shall update photos.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 16:06   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi, Is this discount across the board, if anyone can confirm? I had spoken to the SA at Jamshedpur, they denied any offer. Thats a good discount I must say and a good step by Renault towards making Duster VFM. May be the Ecosport heat!
There were full page ads in chennai about this discount for RXL variants (other values for other variants) recently. Don't see any reason why it shouldn't be pan-India.

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 29th November 2013 at 16:14.
Old 29th November 2013, 16:07   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, I got the same offer and took delivery of rxl(o) few days back. So 60 k for exchange bonus + self insurance saved 10k.
I also got exchange bonus, but didn't have to exchange my car. Just gave copies of the papers. Some 'setting' the dealer did.
Old 29th November 2013, 19:15   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I will get the car seats done and then check.
Do take a queue from Himardi Da on extra padding. He has driven Kolkata to Delhi in a day.

A little height gain from padding also make a big difference on seating position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
I for one would vouch on this. Just came back from a trip which is hardcore 4WD inclines and Duster just excelled in-spite of being a FWD. Will come out with a trip report shortly.
Cool! will look forward to your trip report.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:29   #3385
Team-BHP Support

Cross posting from the Terrano thread.

Duster owners, please try and see if you are able to activate speed based auto door lock. This feature is available in Terrano but it's not there in fellow member Ampere's Duster.

It could be that earlier Duster versions did not have it whereas newer Duster's do. I would be very surprised that this feature is available in Terrano but not in the identical Duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Good news for Terrano owners. One of my VP's has just taken delivery of 110PS XL version Nissan Terrano.

Based on our review he was disappointed with some important features missing like speed based auto door lock. After getting Terrano delivery he stumbled upon a way to program this feature!!! Later on he discovered that's in the manual as well.

Here's a snapshot of the Terrano Manual which mentions how to enable or disable it:

Attachment 1172650

I told this to Ampere who tried it on his 2012 85 PS Duster but it did not work. The Duster manual also has no mention of this.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:38   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Cross posting from the Terrano thread.

Duster owners, please try and see if you are able to activate speed based auto door lock. This feature is available in Terrano but it's not there in fellow member Ampere's Duster.

It could be that earlier Duster versions did not have it whereas newer Duster's do. I would be very surprised that this feature is available in Terrano but not in the identical Duster.
Mine was assembled in May and it did not come with speed based auto lock. The doors do lock automatically after a minute or so (never timed it) if the key is not in the ignition.

The Dusters lock switch is like On/Off switch, one side Lock and other Unlock. No point holding it to cause a different action.

Its good news Terrano has it. Hope Duster gets it as an accessory.

Last edited by HillMan : 29th November 2013 at 20:50.
Old 29th November 2013, 22:07   #3387
Team-BHP Support

People who got the version that comes with Sat nav may want to check this. I think even the 2013 version of Duster may not have it. The console for Terrano is a slightly different one.
Old 30th November 2013, 10:47   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Fantastic to hear this. Please do share when you get the time, I for one will look forward to it as I am coming close to a purchase decision and all the info I can get will help.
Old 30th November 2013, 11:46   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I am coming close to a purchase decision and all the info I can get will help.
Hope you are comparing features with Nissan Terrano as well. Both are similar in ride, comfort and capabilities. However, there are subtle differences in features and list of accessories.
Old 30th November 2013, 12:09   #3390

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
People who got the version that comes with Sat nav may want to check this.
I have the sat nav version but this doesn't work. I hear the beep when I hold it for few seconds, but the door does not auto lock.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2013 at 12:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks