Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2013, 19:53   #3406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I see an issue while using the car phone on Bluetooth. Only the front left speakers seems to come alive.
It could be an issue with the phone software as well. The front two speakers do output the voice on my stock music player. The rear speakers are silent during call. The media nav is a much advanced player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post
I just assumed it was one of the cheap ways Renault has cost cut using mono bt instead of steroe bt.. didnt even ask the SA!

Maybe I should,... will check and update the official response.
I don't believe the issue has anything to do with mono bt. Voice calls are always mono. My be the phone is connecting to bt as stereo with right speaker.

It will be best to verify with another phone brand to confirm.

The bt is capable of playing music well, so it is more to do with software than the hardware of the HU.
Old 1st December 2013, 20:19   #3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
It will be best to verify with another phone brand to confirm.
I tried with a Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 4...same results. . I will check with the SA tomorrow and update this thread..
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:04   #3408
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I have been seeing quite a few Dusters in used car section of olx.in
6months/1 year old cars with max 25,000 KM on the odo.
But here I see the owners to be very happy with their rides.
I really wonder what is the reason for them selling their cars.
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:14   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Bought the car before price rise. Had fun, roughed it to the max. Now all set to sell at same price with zero waiting period

For some the novelty factor is over, this was not the car to match their needs. They bought the wrong car at a premium. So sell and get a sedan/premium hatch that fits their needs better or go for a bigger SUV.

Last edited by HillMan : 2nd December 2013 at 17:15.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:25   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I have been seeing quite a few Dusters in used car section of olx.in
6months/1 year old cars with max 25,000 KM on the odo.
But here I see the owners to be very happy with their rides.
Even im planning to sell my 8 months old duster. Not because i dont like the vehicle but im moving to another city and my company is providing good car lease plan.

Actually im selling my RXL 85 and going for RXL 85(O) (car lease plan cost of new RXL 85(O) is same as my remaining loan on current RXL 85). I couldn't find any other vehicle which is comparable to duster in this price range.

Not interested in Sedans anymore. No sedan in this price range matches the road presence duster has. I love to drive duster on highways and 85Ps is a breeze to drive in city too.
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:59   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
Not interested in Sedans anymore. No sedan in this price range matches the road presence duster has. I love to drive duster on highways and 85Ps is a breeze to drive in city too.
No wonder Duster-Terrano combi is selling like hot cake defying all critics. I am never bored behind the wheels of my 85 RxL too. Every drive feels good.

The term cross over fits well on Duster. Glides like a car and spacious like an SUV.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:30   #3412
J.Ravi

Today, I test-drove Renault Duster [THP-RXZ-E3 PLUS - 110 PS top variant] at Renault Mysore Road [Trident].

I did not find any turbo lag on the highways. I did some off-roading on a potholed, rough access road to Bangalore University's campus. Duster simply swallowed all the speed-breakers, potholes, craters and rough terrains. I would not have driven my Linea there. I felt handicapped because of lack of ACC, hand-rest and dead pedal. No speed-sensitive automatic central locking too. I had to press a button to central-lock all the doors. My requirements for upgrade, ESP and cruise control were also missing and cannot be expected atleast for another year. The horn was useless. My Thunderbird 500 has more powerful double-horns. The reverse parking sensors emit only beeps without any visual display.

When asked about the face-lifts and variants with additional features, the sales executive said that they were expected by December 2014 only.

The excellent ride and handling qualities pale into oblivion by lack of essential equipment and features in this 1.5 million rupee compact SUV.

As regards to discounts, Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 3910
Size:  578 Bytes60,000 exchange bonus only. If I don't exchange, Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 3910
Size:  578 Bytes15,000 welcome bonus only.
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 23:58   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post
I tried with a Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 4...same results. . I will check with the SA tomorrow and update this thread..
Same here, I tried it with Blackberry & galaxy s2. I have car phone from jabra with stero speakers and the sound is much more superior and both the speakers there work ! Clearly it is specifc to the Stock system from Renault (Media-Nav). I posted this issue in Facebook on the Renault india page. I got a response the very next day from their cust support which finally landed to the local dealer. The SA was unsure and seemed to have heard it for the first time. Later he mentioned testing it on 4 more cars and the result was the same- only one speaker works! Great work Renault !
Old 5th December 2013, 06:53   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post

Same here, I tried it with Blackberry & galaxy s2. I have car phone from jabra with stero speakers and the sound is much more superior and both the speakers there work ! Clearly it is specifc to the Stock system from Renault (Media-Nav). I posted this issue in Facebook on the Renault india page. I got a response the very next day from their cust support which finally landed to the local dealer. The SA was unsure and seemed to have heard it for the first time. Later he mentioned testing it on 4 more cars and the result was the same- only one speaker works! Great work Renault !
I have benn using pioneer blutooth systems on my swift and also on my duster i came to find out that in my swift when my front speakers stopped working the blutooth audio for recieving calls also stopped working bit when i play music from phone my rear speakers also work so its not a one off problem with only renault blutooth
Old 5th December 2013, 08:58   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Is the chrome kit worth it? I mean the quality or does it feel very plastic? Does it have the chrome door handles for the inside as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Same questions that HillMan asked, plus - Can you post some pics of the chrome kit on your Duster? Thanks!
Sorry for the late response, but here are a couple of pictures of the chrome fittings on the doors!

Renault Duster : Official Review-image3563284267.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-image1232260558.jpg
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:20   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Sorry for the late response, but here are a couple of pictures of the chrome fittings on the doors!
Thanks Abhinav.
I too got mine last week. Here are the pics.
I also got myself custom embossed number plates and Garware icecool 70 for the door windows and quarter glasses.

Renault Duster : Official Review-captured_by_snapseed_3.jpgRenault Duster : Official Review-captured_by_snapseed_4_blr.jpg

The transparent film does not block all the heat. You can feel the heat but not the level of burning sensation. Now I can feel a big difference with A/C cooling thou, it chills pretty quick.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:20   #3417

Hillman,

Here is the chrome set I got. Door handles, fog lamps and backlight.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-wp_20131205_004.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-wp_20131205_002.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-wp_20131205_003.jpg  

Ram190877 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:30   #3418
BHPian

Looks cool HillMan! How easily can you make out that a sunfilm has been added?

For the bluetooth speaker issue, I clearly heard the front *right* speaker working (at least, didn't pay attention to the front left speaker), the rear ones do not work of course. This is for bluetooth on media nav with a Samsung Windows cell phone. Need to check for the front left speaker.

Does anyone know how to turn off the radio on the media nav when using only the map? I could not figure out a way - need to dig deeper or read the manual I think.
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:39   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Yeah they look real nice. My plastic handle has picked up a scratch and it looks bad. Where to source these chrome set,
what does it cost and is it DIY? Thanks n cheers
Old 5th December 2013, 14:45   #3420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Looks cool HillMan! How easily can you make out that a sunfilm has been added?
You can't make out the sun film is in place. However, if the window glass is down you can see the line along the edge which can't be avoided. It has a very light grey tint, something you can identify from careful observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Where to source these chrome set,
what does it cost and is it DIY?
You have various combos on eBay. I went just for handle covers. Yes, it's DIY. Comes with 2 way stickers installed. Just remove the covering strip and stick them.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th December 2013 at 14:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks