Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 14:22   #3451
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

its 10Amps I think..
Old 16th December 2013, 14:50   #3452
BHPian

Today early morning I was driving back from Chennai to Bangalore. After an hour into the drive, I got two warning lights come on and didnt go away. The 'coil' indicator and the 'STOP' indicator.
I pulled over and switched off the engine for a few minutes. The warning lights stayed on even after that. This was about 5.30 am. Thought of going back to Chennai, but thought I will check with the nearest service station, which has come up at Vellore, 50 odd kilometers away. I could feel the loss of power and small jerks when increasing speed.
Kept to less than 2k rpm and reached Vellore. Obviously no one was around there and the security guard told me people will come only at 9.00 am. He also said the repairs are not started there and only delivery service.
Just before I reached the service station, the car had stalled and switched off. I was in higher gear and also may be because of the lesser power.
After talking to the security, when I returned to the car I found the warning lights had vanished. Thought about it a bit, got the Vellore Renault's manager number from the security and drove on and reached Bangalore without any other problems. I could feel the power is back to normal and btw, the fuel economy was bad during the time the lights were on. The fuel economy is now back to normal levels.
So far, the lights have not reappeared.
Question. What could have happened?
Follow up question. Should I take it to Bangalore Renault to get it checked out (I know the answer. Yes. I am planning to do so soon)

RxL 110PS
Old 16th December 2013, 17:30   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Follow up question. Should I take it to Bangalore Renault to get it checked out (I know the answer. Yes. I am planning to do so soon)
The two symbols coming up together mean you should turn off the engine and call the service center.

You must show it at the service center and get it scanned for error codes. Don't risk traveling back. It could be simply a sensor not responding temporarily, but then could be serious if ignored.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 22:27   #3454
BHPian

Thanks Hillman. I will get it checked in Bangalore. I hope it is just a temporary failure only.
Old 17th December 2013, 19:15   #3455
BHPian

Guys , I have a white RxE model. I am living in Noida which has huge fog problem in winter. I am thinking of installing fog lamps but I am not sure about any good mechanic to do this job cleanly in Noida.
Can anybody suggest a good shop in Noida for the same.
Old 18th December 2013, 12:19   #3456
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault’s low-cost Dacia: The hottest car in Europe this year.

The report shows that Dacia has sold over 20 per cent more cars in 2013 than it did in the same period last year.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/27573625.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th December 2013 at 12:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 13:29   #3457
BHPian

The main reason for Dacia Duster to hit high volumes is because they managed a low cost product. The Renault branding is still maintained separate. It's like the erstwhile Tata and Fiat partnership where they shared showroom and service space.

In India this is Renault Duster, a premium car. The refreshed model of Dacia Duster takes cues form it's Indian sibling.

Good thing is Indian market has been receptive of the Duster even after all the criticism. Renault is fully aware they have a good product at hand.
Old 18th December 2013, 14:25   #3458
BHPian

Europe's hottest car: the no-frills Dacia

This just appeared and I was quite surprised to see Dacia topping the charts on reliability and overall cost of ownership.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...s-dacia-375199
BurningHeart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 16:04   #3459
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault India’s 2014 plans involve facelifts for Duster, Koleos, Fluence.
Quote:
The company said the next calendar wouldn't see any new big launches, there will only be new variants of its existing products.
Old 18th December 2013, 18:04   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault India’s 2014 plans involve facelifts for Duster, Koleos, Fluence.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/27318813.cms

I doubt they will launch a facelift model of Duster anytime sooner. They would have already started their marketing hype by now. The least would be by end of 2014. This I say, because Renault-Nissan is going really well right now with Duster with no threat from competition.

If I were Renault, I'd hold the trump card (facelift launch) for an opportune moment. Around when the competition has launched their models. Watch and show.
Old 19th December 2013, 07:59   #3461
Distinguished - BHPian

The Coolest Renault Duster You Won’t Be Able to Buy..Watch it!

Quote:
This is a heavily modified Renault Duster that will be raced by some fellows from Argentina at the 2014 Dakar Rally next month. The two SUVs have been fitted with an appropriate suspension kit and wheels, a modified body and new V6 engines. There’s no data available on the mills, but this year’s Dusters were motivated by 300 horsepower.

Cheers!
Old 19th December 2013, 13:03   #3462
BHPian

I had issues with door rattling and slight dash rattling. Took it to Navi Mumbai Next Gen Motors for my second service and he said that this is standard problem across all models and will be sorted. When I asked him about door beading replacement , he did not say anything , but said the rattle will go away and ultimately thats what we want.

After the service , I took a test drive and the rattle was not there and when I asked him , what did he do , he told me , door beading was treated and adjusted back to its place and teflon tape was wrapped around the small stub on the body where the door locks.

After 3 days the the rattle again started and now after a week its as it is as it was before. The service guys are willing to address the issues again , but they do not guarantee replacing the door beading.

Just wanted to know , whether Renault has really asked its Service outlets to replace door beadings? as stated in the forum. What has been responses of duster owners who had faced this problems?
I have seen Himadrimondals solution of installing extra rubber stubs and if its working Renault should use them instead of giving half baked solutions.
Old 19th December 2013, 16:17   #3463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
I had issues with door rattling and slight dash rattling. Took it to Navi Mumbai Next Gen Motors for my second service and he said that this is standard problem across all models and will be sorted. When I asked him about door beading replacement , he did not say anything , but said the rattle will go away and ultimately thats what we want.

After 3 days the the rattle again started and now after a week its as it is as it was before. The service guys are willing to address the issues again , but they do not guarantee replacing the door beading.
Honestly, I too am really surprised by the work done and suggested by me regarding door noise. After my last trip to a place limited only to 4WD's and subjecting the car to sever conditions, my doors are perfectly fine and rattle free.
To all those who have complained of Renaults cost cutting procedures in bringing out the Duster, be proud of what you own. This is a car like no other. Its built to last if proper care is taken.

Details of trip here

Renault Duster : Official Review-sandk-pic-1.jpg
Old 19th December 2013, 17:57   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal
Honestly, I too am really surprised by the work done and suggested by me regarding door noise. After my last trip to a place limited only to 4WD's and subjecting the car to sever conditions, my doors are perfectly fine and rattle free.
To all those who have complained of Renaults cost cutting procedures in bringing out the Duster, be proud of what you own. This is a car like no other. Its built to last if proper care is taken.

Details of trip here
No second thoughts about the quality of the car. But Renault needs to address this issue. Today at the service centre , I found 3 other guys having the same problem. With this solved, this would be the best car in this segment.
Old 20th December 2013, 23:09   #3465
BHPian

I think I should name my Duster as Rattlesnake.
It rattles from various places like left Door, rattles from front left, albeit very faintly.

Anyway, I got a 20K service done today.
Front brake pads were changed and bled.
A new patch for junk Radio+Bluetooth component.
Also, Oil filter, AC filter and Air Filter were changed.

Total expenditure 6300 Rs.
Taking vehicle for Wheel Balancing and alignment tomorrow morning.
Will see how it works post it.

Last edited by acroback : 20th December 2013 at 23:14.

Most Viewed