Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:39   #3481
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
I found a video review sometime back that the high wind noise in Duster is caused by roof rails (Sorry I can't find the link again). Can anyone confirm the same? If so is it possible to modify or fit an alternate roof rail?
It wasnt the roof rail alone. People have tried all the options to curtail the wind noise. It is to do with the overall design from Dacia.

The Duster facelift seem to have answered the issue of engine, road and wind noise. They claimed to have halved it, must be a silent cabin now. We might see it in India by end of this year or early next year.
Ref: http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/20...ails-released/

The current Renault Duster is supposed to have better sound proofing compared to Dacia variants.

Nissan Terrano seem to have noticeable noise reduction compared to Renault. But I dont like the way Nissan is treating their customers. Asking for full cash down and then they have no clue of delivery dates.

Last edited by HillMan : 2nd January 2014 at 12:41.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:46   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Petrol Duster is just about average. And so is the petrol Ecosport...
Thanks a lot. So I guess both petrol Ecosport and petrol Duster is average.

The problem is I like Duster for its ride and space (I really hate to tiptoe on bad roads) and Ecosport for its equipments and blings (duster misses fords solid feel-my opinion folks,no debate intended).

Is there any other options in the market? Any upcoming options in the next six months is also welcome.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:53   #3483
BHPian

Thanks a lot. Nice to know people already tried addressing the problems in their own way.

Good to know an update is coming. Really wish they update the interiors, put up a good ICE setup and a rear bench on rails (like scorpio) is really welcome.
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:16   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Thanks a lot. So I guess both petrol Ecosport and petrol Duster is average.

The problem is I like Duster for its ride and space (I really hate to tiptoe on bad roads) and Ecosport for its equipments and blings (duster misses fords solid feel-my opinion folks,no debate intended).

Is there any other options in the market? Any upcoming options in the next six months is also welcome.
In terms of other upcoming options, 2 days ago cartrade.com; talked about the upcoming Honda Vezel sometime in 2014, to compete against Ford EcoSport.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...rt-122739.html

However, one can speculate that it will cost more than the Ford EcoSport as in my opinion the Honda Vezel is more elegant looking and has some really nice interiors. Not to forget the premium that Honda demands for it products, which are high in quality.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:42   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

In terms of other upcoming options, 2 days ago cartrade.com; talked about the upcoming Honda Vezel sometime in 2014, to compete against Ford EcoSport.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...rt-122739.html

However, one can speculate that it will cost more than the Ford EcoSport as in my opinion the Honda Vezel is more elegant looking and has some really nice interiors. Not to forget the premium that Honda demands for it products, which are high in quality.
Honda Vesel is not coming to India anytime soon. Instead Honda is introducing their mini SUV on a Brio based platform which will compete with Ecosport and Duster. The most probable launch for this SUV will be either this year ending or 2015.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:09   #3486
BHPian

Duster Booked, what accessories to add?

I have booked a Duster, 85 PS RxL model, Diesel version. The OTR is Rs.10.97 lacs for this model. As there is an Exchange offer, I am availing the same by exchanging my Fiat Linea, 2009 model. My initial liking was for Nissan Terrano and also done a test drive during my last leave and decided to go for the 85 BH as I liked the drive and comfort and went for 2nd option for Rs.12.51 lacs. But when I read through the many reviews, everywhere I read that the Terrano is the exact replica of Renault Duster only with some cosmetic changes including the beautiful front grill. This time when I came home, by the end of my holidays (I work on rig & so can come home every month), I went to Renault showroom at Manuthy, Thrissur with my family to take a closer look at ‘The Duster’. The sales advisor offered me a Test drive even without asking for it. The car had gone out and he called them back immediately for my TD. It arrived in 5 minutes and all of us boarded the car with the SA next to me. As we come out from the showroom it is the 2 –lane Trichur – Ernakulam highway and beautiful stretch. While driving he was explaining me the features and also the comparisons with Terrano while we passed the Nissan showroom which comes on the same highway. I drove the car for 5-6 kms and turned back to come to showroom. The comfort was really good and the I did not notice any noise inside. I am a person who drives within 70-80 kmph speed limit and hence I never had any problem of controlling or maneuvering any car. When we were nearing the Renault showroom, there is a long stretch of road that is under construction for widening of this highway. The SA advised me to take the car on this stretch to know the ride on rough graded roads. I took the car slowly and was driving at 40 kmph when he advised me to drive at the normal speed that I was driving. So I increased the speed on this bumpy and rough graded road and to our surprise neither I nor my family sitting at the rear felt any inconvenience or uneasiness on this road. We reached the showroom, parked the car in the parking space. He then opened the bonnet, boot etc and showed me all the other stuff. While returning home, my wife and kids were discussing the ride especially on the rough patch. All those living in Kerala knows that during the monsoons, our roads are full of potholes for kilometers at a stretch and for that we need cars like this. I used to have a very tough time, driving my Linea through such roads due to the problem of ground clearance. Finally same day we took the decision to go for the ‘Duster’ and deleted ‘Terrano’ from our minds.
When I enquired the bank interest rates with some private banks, they are charging 13% interest rates on car loans. Very next day I went to the SBI branch where I hold a account and spoke to the manager for a car loan. He told me that there rate is 10.75% and I could avail up to 85% loan for a period of 7 years. As I am NRI, I cannot take loan directly so he advised to take the car in my wife’s name and I should stand as guarantor. He also gave me the list of documents they would need to process the loan. Same day I called the SA for the Proforma invoice booking receipt. Met the manager next day itself and submitted all the documents as I was flying back to work on the same night. The manager assured me that the loan would be sanctioned in 2 days’ time. After I came back to work, they called for some more documents and my wife furnished them the same and in 2 working days the loan is sanctioned.
I wanted to opt for the full option for Rs.12.51 lacs but I was not impressed at all with the entertainment system and alloy wheels. When I calculated the difference the full option cost Rs. 1.54 lacs more than the 2nd option. As I am very much a person who loves plenty of accessories on my car (and that too mainly chrome accessories), I thought I can spend around 50-60k on accessories and fully load the car the way I want it to be.
Here are the list of accessories for my car, with pictures attached.
Duster Door Visor
Duster 3d Floor Mats
Duster Led Scuff Plates
Duster Mud Flaps
Duster Sun Shade Window Curtains
Duster Front Guard
Duster Rear Guard
Side Door Ladding
Blind Spot Mirror, Adjustable
Led Gear Knobs
Head Rest DVD Monitor
Renault Hood Emblem
Renault Projection Ghost Light
Chrome Head Light Moulding
Chrome Tail Light Moulding
Chrome Fuel Lid Cover
Chrome Mirror Covers
Chrome Door Handles.
Chrome Exhaust Muffler
Chrome Fog Lamp Rims

I would appreciate your feedback on the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-door-visor.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-3d-floor-mats.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-led-scuff-plates.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-mud-flaps-oe.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-sun-shade-curtain.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dusterfront-back-n.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-blind-spot-covex-mirror-adjustable.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-gear-knob-led.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-head-rest-monitor-w-dvd.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-renault-hood-emblem.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-renault-projection-ghost-light.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-chrome-head-light-moulding.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-chrome-tail-light-mouldings.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-chrome-fuel-lid.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-chrome-mirror-covers.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-chrome-door-handles.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-chrome-exhault-muffler.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-chrome-fog-lamp-rims.jpg  

Last edited by jaisha8 : 3rd January 2014 at 12:14.
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:16   #3487
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Duster Booked, what accessories to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
...I thought I can spend around 50-60k on accessories and fully load the car the way I want it to be.
Here are the list of accessories for my car, with pictures attached...
Guess yours will be the most loaded Duster once it's out with all these mods! Please make sure you get a very good shop / A$$ to do all these electrical installations.

Between, do you need the roof box on this as the boot itself is quite spacious?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:12   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Between, do you need the roof box on this as the boot itself is quite spacious?
No roof box is not there. I just posted the picture. In addition to these, I have to get Chrome alloys as well.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:48   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Duster Sun Shade Window Curtains
Please do let us know if you get your hands on a good set of window shades, the kind that can roll up/down with the window as shown in the photo.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:57   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Please do let us know if you get your hands on a good set of window shades, the kind that can roll up/down with the window as shown in the photo.
Surely, I will, sumeshmani.
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:55   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Quote:
Surely, I will, sumeshmani.
Nissan Terrano has rolling window curtains as genuine accessory, hope it can be bought by Duster owners as well.

http://www.nissan.in/en-IN/Owning/Ac...Terrano-2.aspx
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 08:41   #3492
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2014 at 11:51.
jaisha8 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th January 2014, 08:47   #3493
BHPian

Has anyone come across the Arch side fenders and door cladding for Duster in the Renault showrooms or outside? If so, any idea on the price for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-side-fenders.jpg  

Old 4th January 2014, 09:26   #3494
BHPian

10K service of RxZ 110PS

This week got my 10K/1 year service done @ Whitefield,Trident Reanult. On my request Brake bleeding was done since I had experienced sponginess in braking at lower speed. As I had already got my wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done I asked Trident not to do them. They topped Engine oil, changed oil filter
and cleaned the air filter. Another request carried out was the engine coating; specifically requested them not to wash but just vacuum inside. Well, they ignored, went ahead and pressure washed the car and messed up the PPF in the right wheel arch :( I spoke to the service advisor Mr. Vijay; he was apologetic and offered to reimburse whatever I incur in fixing that. Total amount incurred was Rs2932/- which included pick & drop charges of Rs200. I used to spend approx Rs4K to 5K for my Verna each service. So far so good.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 01:33   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Nissan Terrano has rolling window curtains as genuine accessory, hope it can be bought by Duster owners as well.

http://www.nissan.in/en-IN/Owning/Ac...Terrano-2.aspx
Thanks HillMan, that's a great find. They have also listed the boot mat.
I have been looking for that one too.
Nissan is offering plenty of accessories. Renault is being plain lazy towards customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks