Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 15:44   #3571
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Last saturday I was at the Renault Whitefield service station for fixing some weird noise coming from the driver seat back rest. I happened to see a Duster came for 30K service and I observed the new Air Filter doesnt have the 1" thick black foam at the bottom that helps in preventing the bigger particles that enter the airfilter. I was told that the new filter is coming without the foam and he replaced the old one w/o the foam.

Anybody knows the reason for that? Is it for a better pick up or a cost cutting measure? Also does K&N Filter has any filter for Duster?

BTW, they couldnt find the reason for the screeching sound from the seat, so they are replacing it under warranty.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 27th January 2014 at 15:48.
Old 27th January 2014, 16:31   #3572
BHPian

Note: Couldnt merge this post to the prev one as the editing time was over.

Following is the extract from 30K paid service of Neil Roy's Duster, I am posting it here for getting more response.

Invoice : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...terbill30k.jpg

- In the parts list they have mentioned "PAD-FR BRAKE LI : 2500/-", I think its for the brake pads. Is the kit includes the front 2 and the back drum pads too or is it only for front brake pads (both L & R)?

- Are these the labor charges just for cleaning and changing the brake pads? if not, please mention what are those charges?
> "3043 GO REPLACE FRONT BRAKE PADS : 210/-"
> "BRAKE FR & RR BRAKE CLEANING & ADJUST : 1000/-"
> "DISC DISC FACING BRK : 2500/-"
If the above is true, then its day light robbery, 3710/- labor for just the brake servicing even w/o brake fluid changing.

- "PMS Periodic maintenance : 1050/-", Since they charge everything separately, are they charging 1050 for just washing, air filter and oil change?

Any idea, Is there any implication with the warranty if we do the rest of the servicing outside except the oil change and wheel balancing and alignment from the service center?

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 27th January 2014 at 16:32.
Old 27th January 2014, 17:01   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
- In the parts list they have mentioned "PAD-FR BRAKE LI : 2500/-", I think its for the brake pads. Is the kit includes the front 2 and the back drum pads too or is it only for front brake pads (both L & R)?
This looks like brake lining replacement for front brakes alone.
Quote:
- Are these the labor charges just for cleaning and changing the brake pads? if not, please mention what are those charges?
> "3043 GO REPLACE FRONT BRAKE PADS : 210/-"
> "BRAKE FR & RR BRAKE CLEANING & ADJUST : 1000/-"
This seems to be regular cleaning of brakes both front and back plus the replacement charge.
Quote:
If the above is true, then its day light robbery, 3710/- labor for just the brake servicing even w/o brake fluid changing.
This piece is confusing. Not sure, what they are charging for when brake parts and labour already accounted.
Curious, if they replaced the disk itself?

Quote:
Any idea, Is there any implication with the warranty if we do the rest of the servicing outside except the oil change and wheel balancing and alignment from the service center?
Yes. this will void your warranty as only authorized service center needs to service your car at regular interval as per their schedule.

For small stuffs like air filter cleaning and replacement with branded product or wheel balancing and replacement they usually dont bother.

Last edited by HillMan : 27th January 2014 at 17:04.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 21:37   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
needs to service your car
Where can we find the mandatory checks or replacements for each service schedule recommended by the company (not by the dealer)?
Old 27th January 2014, 22:37   #3575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Disc Facing is a local term used for turning the brake rotors on a lathe to flatten out any grooves on the rotor surface.

2500Rs still for it is sheer robbery.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 00:01   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Where can we find the mandatory checks or replacements for each service schedule recommended by the company (not by the dealer)?
Here you go:
http://www.renault.com.eg/services/serviceprices.html
Select Duster from drop down and select service interval based on Kms. It has a fair maintenance schedule listed out there.

While hunting for the above, I found this useful PDF. Which is nothing but soft copy of the owners manual.

http://www.renaultusa.com/News/Drive...a%20duster.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Disc Facing is a local term used for turning the brake rotors on a lathe to flatten out any grooves on the rotor surface.

2500Rs still for it is sheer robbery.
Old 28th January 2014, 09:11   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Also does K&N Filter has any filter for Duster?

K&N filters are available for 110ps variant, i am using it in my Duster.

Not sure about K&N for 85ps variant but green cotton filters are available for the same.
AshwinThekkan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 09:16   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
K&N filters are available for 110ps variant, i am using it in my Duster.

Not sure about K&N for 85ps variant but green cotton filters are available for the same.
From where did you buy and for how much? The filters should be same for both. The filter upgrade is pending since the remap.

@All, Can somebody please send me a scanned copy of the warranty terms and conditions page for Duster?

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 28th January 2014 at 09:18.
Old 28th January 2014, 09:22   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
From where did you buy and for how much? The filters should be same for both. The filter upgrade is pending since the remap.
For Which variant ? It costed aroud Rs 4000/- for me if i recall correctly. The filters are entirely different for 85ps and 110ps variant.
AshwinThekkan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:23   #3580
BHPian

1/3 rd the cost of a 30K service is just for brakes. The labor costs are on the higher side.
Are there any other reliable places where we can get disk skimming done?
Old 29th January 2014, 14:11   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
I was infront of you (White Duster) while waiting at the railway gate
Hey CMS. Was nice meeting you yesterday on Whitefield road.

Please do keep us posted about your Andrio device and how the whole testing experience goes. How about a dedicated thread about Andrio?
Old 29th January 2014, 16:05   #3582
BHPian

guys.. we all know how the Diesel engined powered Duster can trot about without any throttle input in 1st Gear...
Now, these days I have gotten into a habit of using this as a default option while starting off from a complete stop. And even on inclines ! My own Hill Ascent Control..

Just wanted to check if this practice could have any detrimental effect on the clutch/transmission etc?
Old 29th January 2014, 17:51   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Just wanted to check if this practice could have any detrimental effect on the clutch/transmission etc?
Increases clutch wear and tear. Start is OK but stopping vehicle on inclines with light clutch is bad.
Old 29th January 2014, 18:30   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
guys.. we all know how the Diesel engined powered Duster can trot about without any throttle input in 1st Gear...
Avoid it at inclines. Other than that I can't seem to think why this practice will not be beneficial for the clutch and other parts,etc. The speed differential between the gear and driveshaft is minimum at idle rpm, hence theoretically minimum wear and tear. I mostly use only clutch to get my vehicles moving (yup, even petrols).
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 18:43   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
Now, these days I have gotten into a habit of using this as a default option while starting off from a complete stop. And even on inclines ! My own Hill Ascent Control..

Works like a charm. Been doing that since ages. My dzire clutch still feels like new at 60k. Except that you should not hold your vehicle at an incline with half clutch for a longer duration(I guess 4-5 seconds is fine).
human_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks